Finish This Sentence....You Know you're a JW teenager If....

by doodle-v 149 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    When your secret boyfriend calls and you mumble into the phone as your mom stares at you angrily.

"uhmm, sorry i'm not allowed to talk to boys on the phone"

You know you're a JW teenager if you even have something called a "secret boy/girl friend" in the first place. laters kaykay_mp

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Your write a research paper using the Society's publications

Been there, done that too. And getting funny looks from teachers. I wrote a paper about marriage and put "one should get married after the bloom of youth" and she wondered what the hell "bloom of youth" was; her having a master's degree. laters kaykay_mp

• upside/down
    upside/down

you've watched your alcoholic parents get drunk and be drunk while warning you of the evilness of drunkeness...

and thank J you're not sullying yourself with those "worldly" folk! hick-up Drunk Walk

u/d

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Doodle,

When you were a JW teen, were you allowed to read Madamoselle and Seventeen? I wasn't allowed to read any of the magazines that were marketed toward the "youth" because my parents felt like they were for "worldly teens".

I know you weren't talking to me, but I thought that I'd put in my two-cents-worth: I wasn't even allowed to bring home books from the library. The stupidest thing I got in trouble over was a book called "This Place Has No Atmosphere," a fictional book about a girl who lived on a moon colony. I definitely knew then that my grandfather was a certified nut. I mean, come on! It wasn't like she was kissing boys left and right or anything or talking about mensturation or something. laters kaykay_mp

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

If you can complete this sentence: "Bad association..."

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

you try to be inconspicuous while you're sitting on the stage holding your violyn in your lap while everyone else in the orchestra plays the patriotic or holiday songs during a performance.

- CF

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    If you can complete this sentence: "Bad association..."

That was my grandmother's excuse for everything. She made me write it 1000 times as punishment. God, I'm on a roll tonight. laters kaykay_mp

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

If only the Witnesses took to heart the first part of 1 Corinthians 15:33:

DO NOT BE MISLED

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    If only the Witnesses took to heart the first part of 1 Corinthians 15:33:

DO NOT BE MISLED

"...bad associations spoil useful habits." yeah, yeah, grandma. whatever. I keed. I keed. laters kaykay_mp

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    When you were a JW teen, were you allowed to read Madamoselle and Seventeen? I wasn't allowed to read any of the magazines that were marketed toward the "youth" because my parents felt like they were for "worldly teens".

Same here, , that's why I would go to the library and just stay there for hours reading romance novels. I'd rather stay there and read then get caught with them at home *gasp*

wow, Octavia that brings back memories! My sister had a secret stash of Seventeen mags, and my mom found them in her room OMG you woulda thought she found birth control pills or somethin!

Wait a minute...secret boyfriend...secret stash...im sensing a re-occuring theme here

The stupidest thing I got in trouble over was a book called "This Place Has No Atmosphere," a fictional book about a girl who lived on a moon colony. I definitely knew then that my grandfather was a certified nut. I mean, come on! It wasn't like she was kissing boys left and right or anything or talking about mensturation or something.

LMAO!!! I had the book "Flowers in the Attic" that I had borrowed from another JW friend. My mom found it and made me give it back to her.

That was my grandmother's excuse for everything. She made me write it 1000 times as punishment

OMG!!! I think my hand is still cramped from writing crap like that over and over as punishment, hmmm were your grandmother and my mom related? LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit