Urgent! Need help - I told my parents.

by filip 311 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty
    I think I see a little war going on in here. I dont want you to get personal at each other, cause I think its good that you give such different views on the subject. That makes it easier for me to "see" whats right and wrong

I think your right....Your a smart boy!!!

Keep on boarding...It will keep the hair out of your face....

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Good bye Filip ... I was just about to start a new thread but there seems little point now. I just read your response to another post and your words were to the affect ... because the GB says so ... In about two months here you have allowed strangers to undo all the love and teaching that your parents have put into you. Do you, in all honesty, believe they deserve this?

I'll check in here from time to time, so if you are ever in need of a friend, just pm me.

All the best to you.

• AlanF
    AlanF

AFIN, it's obvious that you're a coward and don't have the moral fiber to stand up for your claims. You substitute personal attacks for answers, even when answers are demanded of you repeatedly. That's because you know that you have no answers. You've learned well from Mommy in Brooklyn how to do this.

Filip, I hope you're reading these posts. You can see what sort of people JWs really are. I mean, this guy is telling you that you're too immature to be on this board, but are mature enough to dedicate your life to the Watchtower organization. What a hypocrite!

AlanF

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    About sexual abuse: This is a topic we have long been talking about in our family, and I have always gotten the impression that all the statements about sexual abuse within the org. are false. Is that correct?

No, it's not. There is a tremendous problem of child abuse within Jehovah's Witnesses that the Governing Body are trying desperately to keep hushed up. Not every allegation that has been made is true, just as not all are false. The most disturbing aspect of this problem has been the pressure on the victims to keep silent. Many have been told they will be disfellowshipped if they report the abuse to the police.

Even now the orders from Brooklyn are to report the abuse only where required to by law. Another instance where the Witnesses show how they really feel about people.

Chris

• filip
    filip
    In about two months here you have allowed strangers to undo all the love and teaching that your parents have put into you.

no... in two years.

But its true that this site has pushed things faster.

Your comment mentions the exact thing I was worried about:

1. Maybe the JWs are wrong and have been brainwashin me, so therefore its good that I have come to this site to confirm that theyre wrong.

2. Maybe JWs are right, and Im being brainwashed by this site.

Im beginning to feel the doubt all over again. Its so difficult.

• kls
    kls

Poor Filip. All i can tell you is to look and research on your own till you have made up your own mind and the conflicts going on in your head cease. Do what you feel in your heart and mind are what you want. Make your decisions in your own time at your own speed before your head explodes.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I'll check in here from time to time, so if you are ever in need of a friend, just pm me.

wait a minute... you, an ADULT, and a STRANGER, are telling a MINOR CHILD to PM you...how does Filip really know you're not really a jw but some "predator"?

p.s. no, Filip, i didn't pm you... but you are welcome to talk to me about anything here in the board, and i will be very happy to listen. sometimes that's all anyone needs..

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**In about two months here you have allowed strangers to undo all the love and teaching that your parents have put into you. Do you, in all honesty, believe they deserve this?

afin,

HOW did the love that his parents have shown or given him---be undone? The more you post-the more you baffle me. The fact that he has strong doubts about their religion doesn't fit the mindset of "do they deserve this".

ALL of your posts zero right into FOG;

FEAR

OBLIGATION

GUILT

which the WTS, along with CONTROL, is based on.

You mentioned earlier that had he been Catholic or Muslim that you would have spoken to him the same way---but would you REALLY? Would you have been SO adamant in pulling out every trick in the book----attacking others here, and then attacking Filip by saying this-as a last resort?

Jesus said his followers would be known by their love for one another--not the coercion and guilt they summon up as reasons to stay with a particular sect. Your posts look more like desperate attempts to "sell" the WTS beliefs, rather than an attempt to show a lad with lots of questions---how to find answers-sensible answers, not the canned and rehearsed spoutings of the WTS.

Annie

Filip,

I'm sure you realize that many here, myself included, are quite emotional on these subjects because we have experienced the same "awakening" that you are experiencing now.

Unlike the kingdom hall, this site is a place where expressing one's mind does not result in severe consequences. That's why it's a great place to visit, but by no means is it a place where you should accept ideas without questioning them. Questioning authority is healthy, and you should always be willing to question it, regardless of whether the subject is faith or something else.

By the same token, notice how "A Friend In Need" is really a friend of no one, and certainly not your friend. He's been asking you to "get out of here," as well as suggesting that if you were his kid he'd abuse you in some manner (note his earlier efforts to defend beating babies that can't sit still for two hours or more). His only objective is to crush the courage and mental strength you've exhibited here, probably because he is jealous that he possesses neither the brains nor the courage that you do. He has already indicated that he left the Jehovah's Witnesses but did not have the mental strength to stay out of the organization. The idea that you, a 15 year old, possess greater courage and mental ability than he does as an adult really bothers him, so he deals with that issue by trying to weaken you with doubts and guilt trips.

You have to decide for yourself what's right, as you will live with that decision. I hope this board can provide you with good information to help you make your decisions.

Now, as for skating, I just skated a local skatepark a couple weeks ago. I'm still capable of pulling air off lip, grinding frontside and backside, and other moves in the pool. Not bad for an old geezer, eh?

• sf
    sf
    how does Filip really know you're not really a jw but some "predator"?

How do we know that any one of you might be a predator?

This is EXACTLY what I was conveying in my posts of this thread.

I'm pleased to see it finally got through to you.

Women are predators too.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit