Urgent! Need help - I told my parents.

by filip 311 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I know what you mean, kaykay, about getting baptized at that age. I did the deed at 15 and almost immediately regretted it. I did it mainly because I knew that, both organizationally and socially (which in the JW world is organizationally dictated) it was expected. The Society had put out a number of articles talking about how if one had reached the age of responsibility (never defined, of course), one MUST be baptized or one would suffer the consequences at the soon-to-be-arriving battle of Armageddon. Of course, when 1975 came to the fore, that pressure escalated dramatically. I was baptized less than a year before that bit of nonsense really entered my consciousness, so it wasn't a factor. But the manipulation, now that I look back, was strong. At the time, not knowing any better, I really felt that I was dedicating my life to Jehovah. I soon found that I had committed myself to an intellectually dishonest religion that expected one to believe abject nonsense just because the leaders were too stupid to know the facts and too arrogant to admit that anyone might know better than they.

Anyway, I predict that our JW apologist friend here will either not show up again, or will give at best really stupid answers to my questions.

AlanF

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Oh, now, you're being too hard on AFIN. I thought everyone was welcome here. It's interesting to see how JW policies have changed over the years and who better to convey it than someone who's still there?

laters

kaykay_mp

• Valis
    Valis
    Put your tongue back in your mouth. Why do catholics baptise babies? How does that compare to 15.

baptism is supposed to be of one's free will, besides we aren't talking abou the Catholics. Yet another JW tactic. "Well, other religions do this! Why are we to be judged?" I don't know whether to call it denial, passive aggressive behavior, or just bullshit.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Filip...

Help lies about you everywhere. Why look only in one direction? When you are enclosed, bound, can any help reach you? But when you are open, there is unending help in all things, from the song of a bird to the call of a human being, and from the blade of grass to the immensity of the heavens. ~ J. Krishnamurti

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good Lord! As I was typing my last post, AFIN fulfilled my prediction! I must be a prophet of God!

: AlanF ... well after 13 years it's good to see you aren't disappointed.

I've only been disappointed a few times, and those times ultimately turned out to be with JWs who were on their way out.

: The usual JW response or lack thereof. It is of no concern to me whether you like my answers or not.

What answers? Just typing a few random words here and there doesn't make answers. I know that that's what you're used to when you think that the Society gives "answers", but that's only another thing that shows that JWs on the whole are essentially mindless followers.

: You know as well as I do that Filip has no business being here.

Of course he does. He's old enough to be baptized!

: No kids should be allowed.

Once again: why does the Society encourage 15-year-olds, and allow 8-year-olds, to be baptized?

: Put your tongue back in your mouth.

: Why do catholics baptise babies? How does that compare to 15.

I predicted that you might "give at best really stupid answers to my questions". This is a fine example of a stupid answer. Do you really need me to explain why? I will do so at your request, but believe me, no readers -- including and especially filip -- will need such instruction.

Hint: What is the difference between Catholics and JWs, according to the "faithful and discreet slave"?

AlanF

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Quote:
    "It is of no concern to me whether you like my answers or not." . . .
    - - -afin (aka You Know)

Alan,

Nice answer, Alan, but how many times have you had this same conversation with our friend from the past, YouKnow?

How many times have we seen YK hijack a thread that was started by someone 'new to the board' who was asking for 'help' in answering 'doubts about the JW Religion'?

NewLight2

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

AlanF .. in your own little world here, you can get away with being abnoxious. Your nasty, surly attitude does not deserve a response. In the real world, what do you think would happen to you, addressing anyone in this manner.

Big Tex .. why did you (or another mod) remove one of my posts tonight that was barely as crude as AlanF s manner. Is it fair to remove only ones who go against what you believe?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

AIFN, I have not removed, edited or deleted anything from this thread. I did not see the post you are talking about. It might be more productive to discuss this off the board, so if you wish to send me a PM, I'll be glad to look into the matter.

Chris

• Valis
    Valis

actually I deleted your post because it had nothing to do with the discussion. BTW, I don't speak for Big Tex or anyone else, but I don't suffer the likes of you very well and will speak out against you at every turn. Even if you don't espond to my comments, like the fact you have been called to the floor by people who have vast years within the society you so disgustingly defend, or are intellectually capable of responding to comments directed at your posts.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Valis ... and you really wonder why I don't respond? You've proved my point about you by removing one of my posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit