Do ALL men cheat??

by ChakkaConned 160 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was just thinking, maybe the title of this thread should be:

Do all men who are jerks cheat?

Obviously Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock buy into the heavily promoted idea that men just can't help themselves, poor lil things. Evolution done this bad thang to their wangs and they just simply cannot control them. So kindly excuse the behavior of the womanizer and the philanderer, they are just behavin' as the big evolution honcho actually meant them to.

But understanding evolution has help me so that I see the way he acted was more a roll of the dice than any moral inferiority. Ok but let carry it a little further. Suppose this naked model was alone with your husband and she made it very clear that she was real horny and wanted him,,and then she offered him a couple of drinks and then got closer. Do you have 100% faith in him in that situation???
    Frankie, my daddy was a womanizer, too. He did it out of selfishness and weakness. I'm not cutting him any slack here and blaming it all on evolution. I still love my dad. That doesn't change the fact that he broke my mother's heart untold times and wrecked our childhoods and family. My mother was talented and beautiful. There was just no reason for him to treat her as he did. He drove her literally insane with grief. Morally inferior? I'm no perfect example of strong moral fiber, but I do feel what dad did was morally inferior whether you look at it from a christian point of view or an evolutionist's point of view.
    put him in that sitch after you've just had a "knock down drag out" fight, or when your exhausted or emotionally unstable for some reason. That's the reality of most sitch's.
    Sorry, but SOME of you guys just think men are fragile little flowers whose love cracks at any stress and whose appreciation for their wives or lovers flies out the window with one glance at a willing sexy woman.
    I have more faith in the male gender than this. Not all of the male gender, but a big part of the male gender.
  • upside/down
    upside/down

FlyingHighNow- to the question on men who are "jerks."

Most likely yes, saddly. The portion of my comment you quoted was written with that exact thought in mind. Because if you use alcohol or drugs to remove one's "inhibitions", then you find out the truth. But even then, you still have a choice. That's what Jesus meant when he talked about having a passion for a woman being the same as fornicating- he meant that all that was missing was the opportunity. Many men, meyself included, have passed on the opportunity. Even though our base sub-consciouse might have "wanted" to "bone" the hell out of some hot babe. Face it men (and women) can be pigs, but not all men.

I apprectiate you give the "men" that deserve it, the benefit of the doubt. And I'm sorry your dad hurt your mom so, I KNOW THE FEELING!

u/d Feeling Blue

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Perhaps my situation is unique, but I've never been cheated on. I have cheated though. I was a bit younger, less mature, and when I felt unappreciated, or not sexy enough, yeah, I'd cheat. I'd go out on the prowl, even. What I wanted was not sex, though it would lead to that occasionally, but for someone to tell me I was smart, funny, and yes, sexy. It wouldn't be a one night stand type of thing. It would invariably start out with meeting someone who had the same interests as me, forming a friendship based around mutual attraction, and then eventually giving in to my baser desires. At that point in my life, I was just a teenager, married to a man a few years older than me, who had absolutely no interest in my hopes, dreams, desires. I was expected to work, cook, clean, and cater to his every whim. I WAS the proto-typical good wife. But, I was (and am) also a singer, a writer, a painter, a social butterfly, a drinker, smoker, and toker, all things that my husband hated about me. It wasn't bad the first two years, until I found myself so far under his thumb that I felt trapped every day. So, cheating was my release. I would find someone who could talk about art and fine writing, who would go to the park with me for a picnic and drink wine, who would take me out dancing, who valued my intelligence, who would go to the art museum with me, and tell me which artist my paintings reminded him of, someone who basically just paid attention to me. Sex would get involved, true, but it was more of an after thought than anything, and it was always far more passionate than the two seconds of face-down humping I would get twice a week. My husband paid so little attention to me that he didn't even notice that I was never home. We worked opposite shifts, and I would clean the house in a tizzy the moment I got home, which gave me time to go out and be bad. We finally divorced, when I realized that I could make it on my own just fine, and that it was me supporting him, not the other way around. Now, I finally understand myself a lot better, and have stopped crushing myself under the wheels of low self esteem. I also know that the only way my partner would cheat on me is if I treated him the way I had been treated in the past. Having been a cheater, I know how to prevent it in both of us. And, if he ever did cheat on me, I would only want to know what went wrong in our relationship, and how we could fix it. [/rant]

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    Sorry, but SOME of you guys just think men are fragile little flowers whose love cracks at any stress and whose appreciation for their wives or lovers flies out the window with one glance at a willing sexy woman. I have more faith in the male gender than this. Not all of the male gender, but a big part of the male gender.

I'm glad you've had wonderful relationships that have borne that out to you. And don't get me wrong, the stuff from sociobiology shouldn't be used as an excuse by philanderers, because the data itself is objectively showing not all guys cheat. Those that do are just making chimps of themselves so to speak.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Ok but let carry it a little further. Suppose this naked model was alone with your husband and she made it very clear that she was real horny and wanted him,,and then she offered him a couple of drinks and then got closer. Do you have 100% faith in him in that situation???

Yes, I still do have faith in him. And he has been in a similar situation before, he is a good looking and nice guy--chicks dig that. Ok maybe not a "model" but certainly a very attractive woman wanting him...

And after a fight? Well in all the time we have spent together, we have not ever went to sleep without resolving our issues. Even still, if we fight, he would be too distressed to even think about sex...we are passionate, we fight passionately. Even then, I still have faith in him. It is no excuse and I would not except it, and I would expect him to treat me the same if I cheated.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

upside/down:

I take issue with everyone who believes and propagates that "Darwinian, gotta spread my seed, survival of the fittest, looking for good breeding stock", BULLSHIT!

And I take issue with everyone who thinks that acknowledging biological realities is the same as condoning immoral behaviour.

Remember that bullshit when you come home and find some "guy" doing his best to pass on his admirable survival "traits" into your wife. You should probably thank him while you're at it for impregnating her and for "strengthening the strain", since yur sorry ass qualitites might have been passed on to the offspring instead- "God" forbid.

You probably believe lions are predatory carnivores, right? Would you be upset if a lion tried to kill and eat you? Of course you would. The fact that you recognise the behaviour as natural does not in any way mean it is welcome. It is a fact that males - of most species - who are more promiscuous than their contemporaries, are more likely to produce more offspring, and therefore, any genetic component of such behaviour is likely to spread very quickly through a population.

Without EXCEPTION, every philandering,coward, f*ck face, dishonorable, lying, cheatin dog adulterer and fornicator I've encountered or heard of IS NOT THE LEAST BIT INTERESTED IN CHILDREN- the so-called "product" of "selective" breeding. The F'ers just want "ass".

Of course. Just like any animal in heat, they're not trying to make babies. They're responding to an instinctive urge. Males in this situation - whether they know it or not - are responding to an urge to propagate their seed as widely as possible. Females are trying to obtain the best genetic material.

If any of you believe this shit you are either a philanderer yourself or one hell of a dumb ass!

This seems to be a very emotional issue for you, but one you haven't thought through clearly.

Ugly, stupid, sickly, weak and "inferior", peoples should not even be allowed to "breed". I think someone tried that around WWII.

A perverse misuse of science. But just as the horrific bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki do not stop E equalling mc^2 or make relativity immoral, neither do the genocidal tendencies of the Nazis prevent natural selection being true.

There will always be those who want to misapply science to their own ends, but for the vast majority of Darwinists the idea that "ugly, stupid, sickly, weak and 'inferior', peoples should not even be allowed to 'breed'" is abhorrent. Nevertheless, they recognise the fact, that "ugly, stupid, sickly, weak and 'inferior'" animals are less likely to breed for the very reason that they are inferior. In fact, the definition of inferior in a Darwinian sense would be "less likely to reproduce".

This human believes LOVE should rule, not so-called genetic superiority or other lame excuses for acting like an animal in heat.

We are descended from prolific males and picky females. Love is just another part of the whole breeding game.

Here's to loving "breeders" everywhere and to honor and loyalty to ones mate!

Hear hear! As with most moral choices, we have a better chance of succeeding if we understand why we sometimes fail. Denying human nature only ever leads to problems.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Gumby *sadly develops a new addiction called nutsackaphobia*

Gumby, my was not about what you said about yours; but more that you said anything about their size or appearance. It was sort of in jest, or mock shock. Don't feel self conscious, okay Mr?

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Gumbarassed

• upside/down
    upside/down

funkydersk- I've read and pondered your response to my.. ahem.. rant.

And although I disagree with your premise, I totally agree with your ultimate conclusions (can you believe it?).

However in all fairness I must warn that this mammal learns quickly and if I ever find another man "evolving" or "propagating" or just being in "heat" at my expense (or with my egg laying, gene preserving female bearer of furry offspring), his gene pool will cease to exist. Extinciton is the ultimate form of being "genetically inferior" and thus not "worthy" of propagation. Sicilians are quite "evolved" at survival of the meanest (I meant fittest).

It's too bad our legal system isn't based on these assumptions. Things would be much "different". Maybe Nimrod had it right all along?

u/d Mean

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

At least, after a 15 year failed marriage, I did NOT succumb to cheating or infidelity. Now, I almost I had so that the marriage would have ended much sooner and saved my Talia from death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit