Do ALL men cheat??

by ChakkaConned 160 Replies latest jw friends

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

I was watching an old Eddie Murphy HBO special a few weeks ago where he was talking about relationships. In his bit, he went off on how ALL men cheat on their wives and girlfriends. He was adamant that even the nicest of guys will take the opportunity to cheat if given the chance and that women need to understand that this is the way it is, 100% of the time. Even though he was doing his comedian take on things, I was abit shocked at how he kept hammering away at the validity of his claim. I mean, the guy gave absolutely no leeway for doubt. He recorded this special during the eighties before he was married. The next day, I told my husband about this and asked his thoughts. He reluctantly told me that he personally feels that 98% of men would cheat if given the opportunity. Shocked again! Of course, HE is in that 2% that would not cheat. lol So guys(and gals).....do you agree with Eddie's perspective? Would ALL men cheat if given an "opening"?

• NameWithheld
  • JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

NO. I've never had a man cheat on me and I would never believe that my husband would cheat on me.

I saw that show with Eddie Murphy, he also went on that all women say "What have you done for me lately?" all women aren't demanding and materlistic either. That was a comedy routine. He was young and single and wanted to be a player up there.

It depends on who you date or marry... a player or a real genuine person.

• zev
    zev
    Do ALL men cheat??

no.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

There are two questions here;

1. Do ALL men cheat?
    2. Would ALL men cheat if given an "opening"?

Obviously, question 1 - No - many do not get the opporttunity.

Question 2 not all but perhaps many would.

Eyeslice

• TheBat
    TheBat

Hello...You're asking about the validity of a comedian's stand-up routine?

Yes, Eddie is correct, with one exception. I understand that men who are abducted by space aliens never cheat. That's why they're chosen - and so hard to find.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't think that all men cheat. However, it seems that the ones who don't usually marry women who do.

Robyn

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    There are two questions here;
    1. Do ALL men cheat?
    2. Would ALL men cheat if given an "opening"?

Obviously, question 1 - No - many do not get the opporttunity.

Question 2 not all but perhaps many would.

Eyeslice

I'm with eyslice on this I've never cheated on my wife but I've never put my self in that situation! If I was in that situation I can't honestly say that I wouldn't!

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

wow--great honesty

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well I had the oppurtunity to cheat several times (ok so they were all blind..but)..I never cheated on my wife, never would, the guilt of hurting her feelings woulda been too consuming, if you love someone that much you wont cheat, not even in the most tempting of moments. I'm still finding it hard to let go and get laid even now we are apart just incase it hurts her, however, when my divorce is through I'm planning a swingin party...lol

No, all men dont cheat, they may have the desires to explore new territory occasionaly but that doesnt constitute cheating, if it did, then we should conclude ALL women cheat too.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit