Do ALL men cheat??

by ChakkaConned 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

I thought you were going to a football game

• Brummie
    Brummie

*Some* happily married people do cheat, it would be a myth to say none of them do u/d, but *some* happily married men dont cheat, it would be just as much a myth to say that they all do.

Shirly Glass knows that all men cheat does she? Interesting woman, remind me not to look for her advice on any male issues.

Brummie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "NOT JUST FRIENDS!"- by Shirley Glass Phd.

Sounds like common sense to me. Why waste money on a book that's going to tell you what you already know: don't sexualize and objectify people who aren't your S.O./spouse.

Happily married men who don't cheat or aren't tempted to cheat: a myth? Are you sure? If they aren't a myth, then that means that the ones who do cheat can't use the myth excuse.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Brummie- I think you misunderstood my post.

That is not what I or her book state. Please re read it.

My posts make it clear I DISAGREE that all men cheat (I'm one who so far hasn't)! I was just trying to go a little deeper and offer some good advice that I found helpful that addressed the "underlying" causes of when "good" people do make poor decisions- Why? That's all.

I hope I make sense.

u/d

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes I misunderstood u/d doh! It is a myth that *some* happily married men dont cheat, I get you're point.

• gumby
    gumby

No wonder shirley Glass thinks all men cheat! I'd rather french kiss Earnest Borgnine.

Dr. Shirley Glass - NOT 'Just Friends'

• Brummie
    Brummie
    ! I'd rather french kiss Earnest Borgnine.

Then go get you're red high heel shoes on dude, he's waiting for ya outside.

Brummie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'd rather french kiss Earnest Borgnine.

Hahaha, Gumby! You're right, Earnest is way hotter than Ms. Glass.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Hey Gumby- I know you are master of sarcasm (and I love it too). But I wasn't trying to "talk down" or act like I had touched on some "new light" on this subject.

I've just personally seen when some very "good" and "smart" people have made these poor decisions and audibly said that they don't know how "it" happened. Or that they didn't see "it" coming. That's all. The price paid by all was very high and in most cases could have been avoided if they had "recognized" certain boundaries were being violated and take appropriate action.

Hind sight is 20/20, but it's usually too late. I reiterate, the book mentioned is an excellent "read". I think even you would like it.

u/d

p.s.- This book has numerous current statistics to prove that what we call "common sense", is not protecting our relationships from infidelity and that most people who get caught up in it are ordinary "good" people with good marriages who aren't looking for trouble. It shows some very remarkable and shocking trends in our society. Thus the title...

• gumby
    gumby
    But I wasn't trying to "talk down" or act like I had touched on some "new light" on this subject

I know you weren't U/D

After being married for 32 years...I just had to laugh a bit.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit