My daughter has a brain tumor :(

by outnfree 128 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Brenda)))))

A few minutes ago, when I read your first post, my blood felt like it turned to ice water--I was so frightened for you and your family. I am relieved that it is a lesion, not a malignant tumor.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

Much love to you,

Robyn

• outnfree
    outnfree

Awww, thanks, ((((((guys))))))! "Benign" does indeed have a wonderful ring to it!

Morty -- I PM'd you my info.

(((Bug))) -- Sorry to hear about your wife. I remember meeting her. Please give her my best wishes for an answer to the break and a swift remedy.

Chuckyy -- I will be praying for your daughter as well as my own.

We still don't have a definite surgery date. Lena appears to have caught a cold, so that may delay things. Not to worry, however, that just gives us a bit more time to prepare ourselves. We have been proactive in not only engaging the neurosurgeon, but also in having alternative healing treatments. Lena has had treatments by two different practicioners and will have at least two more Reiki treatments pre-op. This sort of thing is fairly new to us, but Lena was sensitive to the healing energy right away, and why not use everything available to us? I know many here are sending healing thoughts our way and we are grateful. We are also gratified that, in addition to so many of you on this board, we have people from Lena's grammar, high school and university as well as friends and relatives praying for her . Did I already write that we are now concentrating on asking that the bleeding be minimal during surgery?

We feel enveloped in your love and are really feeling quite positive about the eventual outcome. Thanks again.

Love,

Brenda

• Beans
    Beans

Brenda, be strong! My wifes best friend had this and it was a long fight and operations and I believe ther are over 200 different types of brain tumors. This cancer has become our cause as we raise money for it every year to beat this aweful disease!

All the best!

Beans

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    We have been proactive in not only engaging the neurosurgeon, but also in having alternative healing treatments. Lena has had treatments by two different practicioners and will have at least two more Reiki treatments pre-op. This sort of thing is fairly new to us, but Lena was sensitive to the healing energy right away, and why not use everything available to us?

Sounds good to me, Brenda! All the best to you and Lena. And since you mentioned it, hopefully there will be minimal bleeding during surgery when it does take place.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I seldom post, but what the hell.

Considering that Outnfree is a person I have met in-person more than a couple of times, let me asure you, she's one of my absolute favourite persons that I've met via this forum.

I stand by that.

I'm pleased that the information that I have read regarding the upcoming operation for Lena is something that is identifiable, as well as something that the surgeon is skilled with.

(((Outnfree))) as I have shared with you in e-mail about my friend (Robert) who passed away very suddenly a couple of years ago (neurofibromytosis), his sudden death due to a brain aneurysm were brought on by a hereditary predisposition. Unfortunately, they missed the tumour which caused his demise. With Lena and yourself, you are on top of this. Well read and investigating this 'lesion' etcetera.

You all did the right thing. You're also in a great place (Greater Detroit), where some phenominal medical procedures have taken place, not to mention excellent hospitals and world-renowned medical teams.

I suspect, our beloved 'kidneybean' (Jann) has been an incredible asset during this very trying time. She's one helluva woman, I really and truly admire and respect her. You've got a good friend in her. Jann's an amazing person.

I'm confident that Lena will be fine. Mind you, spending your 19th birthday under one of those damn awful hats (hospital caps)...oops, not to mention the gowns, will probably make Lena's eyes roll...but she'll be in good hands. It'll be a grueling 6-7 hours, but she'll pull through. I'm not only positive in my thoughts about this, I'm damn sure she'll be looking at you on the day after surgery, asking for some goodies of some sort.

Psst!!! Canucks: get ready to send her some Canuck goodies.

Tell Lena, next time she's in Toronto, she'll get a pint of tasty Canuck beer, courtesy of Ray.

But that has to wait until, post-operative recuperation measures have been followed.

Worse comes to worse, I'll go to Windsor, and get you folks to cross the river and we'll spoil her on the Canuck side of the Detroit River.

Positive thoughts.

Lots of Love,
    RAY

PS: If you haven't met Outnfree, let me assure you, she's one helluva woman. Oh yeah, the pending divorce...men...she's a hottie. (Slapped by Brenda and all the women of SE Michigan)

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((Brenda, Lena, and family))) Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you all today and sending positive/healing thoughts your way. Please let us know how things are going.

Much love from Dana, Justin and Delaney

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((Safe & kids)))

To all,

Lena's surgery is scheduled for Monday, January 24 at 8:00 AM EST. The operation will last 6-7 hours, and we have to be at the hospital to be admitted at 6 AM and then she will have an MRI pre-op, which may make the surgery start time delayed to 9 AM.

I am requesting you wonderful people to host a vigil for her on Monday, so that the surgeon's hands may be delicate and sure, and that she doesn't bleed nor will brain function be permanently affected in a negative way. The lesion is very deep, situated above the pituitary gland and hypothalamus. We are feeling very loved and blessed. Thank you so much for that.

Brenda and Lena

• Been there
    Been there

Best wishes for a Speedy Recovery Lena! You will do just fine.

(((((Brenda)))))...A special prayer for you and all your pain and stress right now. Take care. We will all be with you tomorrow.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

(((((Brenda & daughter)))))

How frightening... I sure hope this turns out okay for you two. My thoughts are with you!

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit