The Watchtower: Sincere Old Men or Deliberate Deceivers?

by metatron 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is what happens when you form an association that is only supposed to last for a few years, until "the end comes." Years roll by and the organization, never designed to last for decades, finds itself 120 years old, adrift on a sea of speculation, with no direction home.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I do believe that the 1st JWs were actually sincere and were looking for God. I also believe that along the way many many JWs have had sincere hearts looking for some truth on this planet. TODAY however, too much time has passed for them to be sincere any longer. Too much time has passed where they should have admitted to mistakes and misguided prophecies and decided to actually change.

So in 2005, YES they are being deliberate.

• gumby
    gumby

I still doubt that any of the GB believe they are a phony organisation. I feel they all believe they alone are the only organisation on the planet jehovah is pleased with in spite of their faults. They believe christendom has nothing to offer because they feel they alone are doing gods work, they alone have the doctrines closer than anyone else, and they believe god deals only through a group and not individuals.

Though they relise they have blown it or are currently blowing it.....they still have "the truth"...and nobody else does.

Gumby

• heathen
    heathen

When I think WTBTS these days I think evil slave , pharisees and hypocrites . They are slippery as an eel when it comes to dodging responsiblity for the misery they cause others . I think they do deliberately deceive and pretend sincerity based on the old benefit of the doubt rule that honest people are such suckers for . They are so much like used car salesmen that even when they know something is wrong they have all sorts of sneaky tactics to distract a customers attention away from it including trying to sell an extended warranty. I agree with garybus yet again ------------ deliberate crooks .

• upside/down
    upside/down

Perhaps they are sincerely deliberate deceivers!

u/d

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I believe they know there are huge holes but the yhave no 401 Ks , no medical etc - so the ykeep the thing going so they can travel the world giving public talks and be treated like gods - why the hell should they give that up - so they are deliberate deceivers IMHO

• one
    one

They all know they are "victims of victims, but sincerely want to preserve the org..

On the other hand big wt men do not trust rank and file, they think they are too "weak" and will not resist temptations if they watch tv, go to college, surf the internet etc.

I was surprised bethelites were allowed to received newspapers. then I was surprised that tv sets were allowed at Bethel homes.

It is all about human nature, you me comeup with a better example but,

assuming a woman find out after her children are all teenagers, that their father is not really their father, probably there is more than one father, as she was drunk ('spirit' directed) every time she became pregnant with a new child (religious idea)

Will she wait until her children became adults, so it wont hurt as much and they all leave the house? or will she say nothing and take the secrets to the grave?.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think that they're too far past it - their sincerity includes lies - whaever it takes - pride gone totally mad - like empty shells controlled by demons - bizzare.

• justhuman
    justhuman

The leaders of the WT have been Deliberate Deceivers for the past 50 years. I'm not going to mention the leadership of Russell and Rutherford because that is another long chapter.

The WT leaders KNOW that their theology system is wrong. Specially with the dates of 607 B.C - 1914 and they are wrong due to Russells occultic believes-Pyramidology.

Unfortunately they are so tied up with 1914 that they CAN'T change it. The result of this change it will be a chain reaction that it will blow up WT and the FDS doctrine. So even though the Old Men in Brooklyn KNOW that they are WRONG, and we know that from the 1970's it came it to their attention that the destruction of Jerusalim was actually took place the year 587 B.C(Ray Franz, Randy, and others gave to us a testimony of what happened back in the 70's). So in order to keep their control upon their followers(I will say victims) no matter what biblical or historical evidence exists against their teaching, they are stick on their MISTAKE. Instead of following the truth, they keep the big LIE.

So if in your question if the old men are Sincere Old Men or Deliberate Deceivers my answer is for sure they are DECEIVERS and most off all FALSE PROPHETS and LIERS and SATAN is father of LIE!!!

• observador
    observador

"This is what happens when you form an association that is only supposed to last for a few years, until "the end comes." Years roll by and the organization, never designed to last for decades, finds itself 120 years old, adrift on a sea of speculation, with no direction home."

Very interesting thought!

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit