The Watchtower: Sincere Old Men or Deliberate Deceivers?

by metatron 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

metatron -- We all know that the WTBTS teaches about the 2 folds of sheep as being 144k and the great crowd . That being said they have the belief that only 144k are spirit adopted sons and recieve anointing and that the great crowd do not recieve the anointing of holy spirit . That way they can control the rest from the headquarters in brooklyn by using the FDS doctrine . I do disagree tho in what you said about the 1st century christians playing nice with each other all the time , there were alot of problems in the early churches, there was always the threat of apostasy as well . That's the reason the apostle Paul said to put the inspired exspressions to the test .

• heathen
    heathen

metatron -- We all know that the WTBTS teaches about the 2 folds of sheep as being 144k and the great crowd . That being said they have the belief that only 144k are spirit adopted sons and recieve anointing and that the great crowd do not recieve the anointing of holy spirit . That way they can control the rest from the headquarters in brooklyn by using the FDS doctrine . I do disagree tho in what you said about the 1st century christians playing nice with each other all the time , there were alot of problems in the early churches, there was always the threat of apostasy as well . That's the reason the apostle Paul said to put the inspired exspressions to the test .

ooopsssssssss

• ko38
    ko38

I was in middle mangement for years with a 260 million a year corporation.I experienced first hand what happens when sales or profits were declining.People you thought were your friends(upper mgt)all of a sudden became very incensed at 'HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN"People that have been exposed to serious money have but 1 ambition.TO MAKE MORE.260 a year is only 25 percent of what the jws pull in a year,not to mention other assets that could dwarf that number.

Never forget that it is easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle,than to inherit the kingdom of God.POWER CORRUPTS>

Absolute power ABSOLUTELY CORRUPTS.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

I agree that the absolute silence of the Watchtower publications on the excellent arguments raised on the internet is very incriminating. They read this stuff and make no effort to rebutt any of it.

The reason is they have no rebuttal. If they had a good rebuttal the would surely use it.

I remember having dinner one night with my parents and Karl Klein and his wife. I had sent a question to the society (in the days when you could still do that) and I never got an answer. So I asked Karl Klein the question and added the fact that they never sent me an answer. He said nothing... there was dead silence and everyone at the table gave me that "how dare you.." look. Karls wife broke the silence and said "they probably don't have an answer". Everyone nodded and continued eating and engaging in fluff conversation.

This really bothered me. My question couldn't be answered because it highlighted an area where they would have to change their teachings.

I rationalized to myself that perhaps the question never got to them because it got lost in the mail. After all I didn't send it registered mail. I chose to decieve myself rather than pursue the truth by sending another letter using registered mail. I further convinced myself that perhaps it wasn't the right time for my question to be answered.

I was sincere but full of crap.

• one
    one

If we are so concerned about the wt and knowing the role organizations play in our sociaty,

with moral responsability then we should be able to provide a complete real answer instead of just criticism, if we can't then...

Lets assume you are a GB member and your proposal (complete real answer) has the chance of being approved.

What would you suggest, I mean generally speaking, i don't think anyone is able to come up with a new set of fail proof, proven doctrines.

What should be told, regarding major doctrines what should jw beleive, what should they do and expect from now on.

Have in mind that discarding 1914 will have other implications such as on the FDS doctrine.

Do you have experience runniing a major corporation?

What do you think will be the implications of implementing your suggestions? Think about the collective and think also in legal, moral, religious and economic terms. Will it create other problems?

Will you suggestion expose the org to legal cases? do we have insurance to cover potential damages?

What the role of the GB will be?, those are the question that quickly come up.

• VM44
    VM44

Hi proplog2,

That must have been some question you asked. What was it?

--VM44

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Beware the Voice of Strangers.

CG

• metatron
    metatron

Exactly, "Beware the Voice of Strangers" is typical of the way the Watchtower is reacting.

They don't offer reasoned replies or well crafted defenses - instead they vaguely appeal to fear and summoned images of

apostate "bogeymen".

The Watchtower magazine itself has de-evolved from a journal of timely reasoned defense of faith - into programmed repetition,

cut and paste responsa and platitudes. Old timers know this but keep quiet about it.

metatron

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

As someone who was regarded as 'exemplary' and 'mature' by many, I confess to have lied and exaggerated to impress or persuade others to my faith. When doing research for a Flood talk for example I selectively used references that made the point I wanted while ommitting that which discredited the information. When talking to the public, I exaggerated about the joy and unity and concealed my hatred for certain Elders that had seriously wronged me.

Was I a deliberate deceiver? Yes but I was acting out of a perceived necessity to not be wrong. I was able to preserve my self respect because of results.

I never knew what honesty felt like till I admitted I was wrong about most everything. That was when I left.

• heathen
    heathen

That's how they like to reinforce dogmatic statements , it seems all they have to do is keep repeating themselves and it becomes a fact . They like to resurrect the dead themselves by using the outdated material as a reference . I think it really sad that they had everybody convinced they are in a theocratic war but then turn around and make peace with all their enemies behind everybodies backs by signing the UN NGO agreement .Now all they want to do is deny all the implications of that and demonize the "apostates" for even recognizing what they had done . They don't have the control over us to enforce their will and make us comply . I have seen material where they alegedly wrote a letter to all the congregations and apologized very dicreetly but so far I've not seen an article exsplaining all the details and why it was wrong for them to do as they did . By God they even mentioned the "apostates" being the ones that exsposed it and brought it to their attention , oh my isn't that nice of them . They just sit there and pretend that everything is back to normal now and hope it all goes away like the boogeyman in the closet , Ok I'll just close my eyes and count to ten and it will all go away . crap the "apostates " are still talking about it ! I know, let's demonize them somemore ........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit