The Watchtower: Sincere Old Men or Deliberate Deceivers?

by metatron 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

PeacefulPete: That's my story, too. I know exactly how you feel.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

how were the german governors any different under hitler? how were many who are called patriotic any different?

they are beguilled by a sense of purpose and community.... and the intoxication of power....

the psychological experiments of jailer and criminal come to mind. where kids were given roles to "play" and took them WAY too seriously

and the mentality of police vs everyone else, us them mentality.

here we have a real empire with petty little dictators who have found away to absolve themselves from guilt... its not there individual fault

if horrible doctrines are not repealed, it needs 2/3rd vote....after all if Jehovah wanted it changed surely he would have inspired at least 2/3rds to change things, right?.... this is their excuse, their antennae to God which allows them to say it was God's doing, not theirs.

VE VERE only followink orderssss

• heathen
    heathen

you got that right zen nudist . They also know how to keep the rank and file in line with judicial hearings and threats , like the friggen gustapo or something . You vill die in zis verld .......... we vill take your privileges avay , vee are vatching your every move , bwahahahahahaha

Better yet the ministry of truth from 1984 ........

• metatron
    metatron

Here's another piece of evidence that Watchtower leaders are insincere:

blood in food products

If they really believed in their 'no blood even if you die' standard, why haven't they warned Witnesses about milk

being full of white blood cells? In addition, read the labels on various protein powders sold in health food stores

or body building businesses and you'll frequently see all sorts of blood products therein. Again, no warning to Witnesses.

metatron

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WOW, THIS IS A LONG THREAD, IF YOU READ IT ALL.

SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WITH VARYING EXPERIENCES AND POSITIONS IN RELATION TO THE WBTS.

ALL COMMENTING ON THE WEAK SPOTS OR ABSOLUTE ERRORS IN THE PREACHING AND PUBLICATIONS.

WHAT EFFECT DOES THIS HAVE ON THOSE WHO ARE ASSIGNED TO MONITOR SITES LIKE THIS AND REPORT THEIR FINDINGS.

WHAT DOES THIS DO TO THEIR FAITH IN THE WBTS WHEN THEY READ OF THE HATEFUL ACTIONS TAKEN TOWARDS THOSE DAMAGED BY THE SOCIETIES RULES AND DEMANDS.

OR WHEN THEY READ OF THE NONSENSE REGARDING BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, LEADING TO NEEDLESS DEATHS.

I'L BET THOSE ASSIGNED DON'T LAST LONG AT THAT POST.

READING A LONG POST LIKE THIS. ONE THAT HAS VERY LITTLE HOSTILITY AND LOTS OF PLAIN OLD REASONING AND THE RESULTS OF ACTUAL EXPERIENCES, IS SURE TO BE TROUBLESOME TO SOME OF THE MONITORS.

THINK OF THE EFFECT, IF THIS THREAD COULD BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE MASSES IN

A WAY THAT DID NOT REQUIRE SEARCHING FOR IT.

Outoftheorg

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I think that those in positions of power within the Borg will probably succumb to the same thought-patterns, and develop the same character traits as anyone in a similar organisation with a 'non-revisable' (i.e. significantly) belief structure.

They will justify things on the idea of some 'greater good', excuse what they condemn in others as they are convinced as to the rightness of their ideology in comparison to others. Good old Orwellian 'doublethink', or cognitive dissonance, will ease the obvious cracks; essentially they have so much invested in a belief and so much to lose if they don;t keep that faith, they find it easier to forget the inexplicable, even if confronted with it on a daily basis.

Rather than seeing refutations and exposes of JW beliefs and actions as a valid criticism worthy of investigation, they see such criticism as validation of their beliefs.

Of course, there's always a few Winston Smiths in the Minitru, and out they come, either through causing problems or from having had enough.

So, the Governing Body are probably no more or less sincere than the Pope. Or the Dali Llama.

The JW's are not Christian Scientists. Good old Ron knew it was bullshit. I don't think, given the correspondence between him and friends where he talks about starting a cult, there is any doubt he knew it was just a made-up money-making scam.

He may have actually believed it later; the human mind is funny like that.

Old CT was a fire-in-his-blood believer. Rutherford... hmmmm... maybe he was closer to the cynical cult-leader profile. But the current crew? The poor idiots believe what they do is the right thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit