Covenant with Noah, VOID!!! So much for the rainbow..........

by deceit 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The biblegod you worship has the power to prevent these mass catastrophes and yet doesn't. Why doesn't he get off his big fat arse and do something?

If you'd been paying attention you wouldn't still be asking such foolish questions.

• melmac
    melmac

Isn't Jesus' sacrifice supposed to redeem humankind from "Adam's Choice"? Which is stronger? Sin or Forgiveness (for those who believe it, anyway)?

Natural accidents have nothing to do with Adam. That can be seen from the simple fact that they could have been minimized by scientific knowledge.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm,
    Do you really want me to answer that?

I thought it was a rhetorical question, but if you can tell me how choking results from the original sin, I'd be interested. I'll be back at the computer later.

Cheers,

Pole

And that's about how serious you really are about this.

You must really think of me as being a stupid person, if you expect me to go there.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Dansk,

I repeat: Their choice was made for them, by their forefather Adam.
    So what's the point in evangelising to people and trying to save their sinful souls? If Adam is to blame there is no point in evangelising as the people's choice has already been made by Adam.

It looks as if you've been watching way too many church programs on TV (Benny Hinn, etc.). The work of an evangelist is to share the good news of salvation with fellow humans. And further more, Adam didn't decide whether or not we will qualify for salvation. We do that by our own actions.

• Pole
    Pole

Schizm,

And that's about how serious you really are about this.

Believe me or not but I am. I was even thinking of starting a thread about accidental deaths which result from the way the universe and humans are "designed" and how they cannot be explained in terms of "imperfection".

You must really think of me as being a stupid person, if you expect me to go there.

Again I was a bit ironic, but my questions was just as valid as questions about God allowing natural disasters. Different scale, but the tragedy of individuals may be the same. So I assume we agree there is no theological explanation for such deaths?

Pole

• Schizm
    Schizm

Melmac,

Isn't Jesus' sacrifice supposed to redeem humankind from "Adam's Choice"?

Yes, it is. But you need to read what's already been said up above.

Natural accidents have nothing to do with Adam.

You're quite mistaken. Natural accidents weren't allowed to occur inside the Garden of Eden. If Adam hadn't sinned the entire earth would've been a trouble-free Garden of Eden.

• City Fan
    City Fan
    If Adam hadn't sinned the entire earth would've been a trouble-free Garden of Eden.

But before Adam sinned god simply told him that he would die the day he ate from the tree of Knowledge. But according to you not only did god decide to increase birthpains for the woman and curse the ground for man to make it harder for him to raise crops, but he also turned the earth into the constantly changing place it is today, with its earthquakes, tidal waves, volcanic eruptions and floods. Why was it not changed back after Christ's death?

By the way, have you ever looked at things like the geological record, antarctic ice cores, the fossil record or even dendrochronolgy, which show the Earth's geological activity going back millions of years?

• Dansk
    Dansk

This is circular reasoning:

Dansk,
    I repeat: Their choice was made for them, by their forefather Adam.
    So what's the point in evangelising to people and trying to save their sinful souls? If Adam is to blame there is no point in evangelising as the people's choice has already been made by Adam.

It looks as if you've been watching way too many church programs on TV (Benny Hinn, etc.). The work of an evangelist is to share the good news of salvation with fellow humans. And further more, Adam didn't decide whether or not we will qualify for salvation. We do that by our own actions.

According to your own statement you said the people's choice was made for them by Adam. Therefore, there's no point in the people "sharing" in any "good news" because their destiny is already mapped out. Further, many of those killed in the recent earthquake would likely never have met a Christian so are innocent of their "ungodly" actions because they didn't have the chance to qualify for salvation.

Are you also saying that only Christians get salvation?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    According to your own statement you said the people's choice was made for them by Adam. Therefore, there's no point in the people "sharing" in any "good news" because their destiny is already mapped out.

Not their ETERNAL destiny!

Are you also saying that only Christians get salvation?

No.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

The one thought that always comes to mind, after getting heartsick, is:

Do these people practice birth control?

Like other countries overrun with disease, poverty...you name it, they have families that consist of 10, 11, 12 {and more} children.

Children. It's always the children.

Sore subject with me. grrrrrr

granny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit