Covenant with Noah, VOID!!! So much for the rainbow..........

by deceit 81 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK - haven't read the whole thread but thought you might find this interesting. The planet Venus does not have "plate techtonics" (moving parts of the crust which cause earth quakes). The reason is it's crust is slightly thicker and forms one cohesive "shell". There is no reason why earth could not have been "designed" this way, if indeed it was "designed".

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." (Stephen Roberts)

I love that saying!!! I have held onto the same belief as my explanation of why I will never join another organized religion, I just have not said it quite so eloquently.

Scizm said:

No he hasn't. Satan's being cast out of heaven has yet to happen.

Am I missing something? Has Schizm said something false or has the WT just changed another one of their teachings?

When Jesus didn't "physically" come to the earth in 1914, didn't the JW's start teaching that he started ruling in Heaven and that the First World War was evidence of Satan being cast down to Earth?

Brad

• Princess
    Princess

I did drop it dude...you keep going on about it.

Gumby didn't like it? Did he actually say that? Oh, I see in your PM where you say that Gumby was upset about it. I didn't know that Gumby's skin was so thin. I would have never suspected it!

She misunderstood. I was the one who was upset. Gumby was wondering where you got the pics and I was angry to see you took them from my thread.

No one thinks for a second you were doing it in a kindly humorous way. That isn't your style.

• one
    one

what you are going to said next, i mean if and earth quake kill, not 100 thounsand, but a million californians?

why the gov does not move all california cities to a southern state?

or is the econmy based on build destroy, rebuild/replace.?

natural xex urge does take care replacing humans.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    No one thinks for a second you were doing it in a kindly humorous way. That isn't your style.

Who appointed you to be Judge of what I and Gumby say to one another, and how we intend each other to take what we say? Why not let the one spoken to be the judge?

My "style"? Perhaps if you were as much concerned with your style as you are with mine, then you might see a few of your own faults. Rafter/eye.

Continue to say what you will, but don't expect any further response from me.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Scizm said:
    No he hasn't. Satan's being cast out of heaven has yet to happen.

Am I missing something? Has Schizm said something false or has the WT just changed another one of their teachings?

When Jesus didn't "physically" come to the earth in 1914, didn't the JW's start teaching that he started ruling in Heaven and that the First World War was evidence of Satan being cast down to Earth?

Brad

Didn't mean to confuse you. First: No I didn't say anything false. It's true that Satan hasn't been cast out of heaven yet. Of course that's in disagreement with what the WT still teaches. Obviously, I don't agree with the WT on that point any longer. Second: WW1 could NOT have fulfilled Jesus' prophecy, because it didn't produce the right result. The international war that Jesus spoke of has to result in the death of the wild beast (death-stroke). WW1 didn't cause such a death-stroke, simple as that!

• Pole
    Pole
    So you think the Almighty God needs a lawyer do you? ROFLMAO!!!

Oh Schizmus, my joke may have been poor, but I'm glad you have had a good laugh misunderstanding it. Really funny, but wait... don't you see you have just made a joke about yourself? I hope you did realize that before you Laughed Your A Off (as you put it) :)

You still haven't answered my question. When there is no answer, pretend there is no question, right?

Cheers,

Pole

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Schizm,

Second: WW1 could NOT have fulfilled Jesus' prophecy, because it didn't produce the right result. The international war that Jesus spoke of has to result in the death of the wild beast (death-stroke). WW1 didn't cause such a death-stroke, simple as that!

What death-stroke is it that you are talking about? Do you care to be more specific about that?

Edited to Add: I did ask you earlier, Schizm, if you only selectively take certain teachings of the WTBTS. You did not respond. I am going to assume that you still agree with the basics, though. Can you let me know which ones you disagree with and what your new thoughts on them are?

Brad

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Godbless the Dead.

Godbless those left behind to deal with it. The dead don't care anymore.

Brenda

Psst: Peace begins with me - pass it on!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    OK - haven't read the whole thread but thought you might find this interesting. The planet Venus does not have "plate techtonics" (moving parts of the crust which cause earth quakes). The reason is it's crust is slightly thicker and forms one cohesive "shell". There is no reason why earth could not have been "designed" this way, if indeed it was "designed".

Actually, the Earth is a living planet, the tectonic plates recycle themselves as they slide under another plate, get heated up becoming magma, and resurfacing through volcanic action.... only part of the recycle process. Another part of earth being a living planet is the earth's core spins, and is in essense a dynomo that creates our magnetic fields which protects the earth and it's inhabitants from the solar winds. Mars, is a dead planet that used to be living. Here, I'm refering to the planet's core being dead, and no longer the magnetic field generating dynamo that the earth has. In 1999 science discovered that Mars has/had tectonic plates with also relate to it's volcanic activity. It's possible that as our little star (sun) continues to cool, that Venus will become the next living planet with a magnetic shield (if it doesn't have one already) to protect life from the solar winds, as our earth is protected, and mars was protected. I don't know where you got your info from, but everything I can find on Venus Tectonic activity indicates that there are buckles and thrusts of the planet's crust, but not necessarily tied to it's volcanic activity. But whether this means that the planet has tectonic plates that shift, is another issue. Another note: It's not just plate shifting that causes Tsunami's. Volcanic explosions and coastal mud/rock/shelf slides have caused them, also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit