Covenant with Noah, VOID!!! So much for the rainbow..........

by deceit 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

I AGREE WITH YOU. Jehovah did NOT cause the recent Tsunami:

First: s/he doesn't exist, s/he is a contstruct of centuries of mythology combined with superstition mixed with poor record keeping, with a bit of poor penmanship thrown in. Since s/he doesn't exist, s/he could not have caused the Tsunami.

Second: Since s/he doesn't exist, s/he is incapable of making promises, therefore s/he could not have made the alleged promise, therefore s/he could not have welched on that promise, since s/he never made the promise in the first place.

Of course, I realize you will disregard the premise of my argument (that Jehovah is a product of man's mind); so let me give you something else to work on. You believe that Jehovah has "allowed" this wickedness to happen, as part of his grand plan. That would mean that:

(A) All humans are being punished because one human couldn't resist fruit and ate it. Innocent children die in Tsunamis, washed out to sea to drown, because one person ate something that wasn't on the menu 6000+ years ago. That is neither fair nor balanced.

(B) Christ's ransom bought back the lost perfection..... but the murder, starvation, earthquakes, Tsunamis, and disease continue to happen. So the ransom was paid, the accounting books should now be balanced, and yet the death and mayhem continue. That is fraud.

Have fun worshipping your unfair, unbalanced, fraudulent god-creation!!!

~Quotes, of the "Pleased that JWs come to this web site despite WT telling them not too" class

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/internet.htm

• Simon
    Simon

If God did exist (which he doesn't) and even if he didn't actively cause the catastrophe in on eof his infamous pissy fits, he would still be guilty for faulty workmanship in the creation of the planet. Corporate manslaughter.

Just a a car maker would be guilty if their cars failed, so god is guilty for safety failure.

Being omniscient and omnipotent and able to see the future he knew what was going to happen and could have prevented it but chose not to.

That makes him a murdered.

Nice god. I wouldn't worship the bastard if he did exist.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Jehovah should not be held responsible for the untimely deaths of the many who lost their lives during this weekends disaster. One life is just as precious to The Almighty as is one thousand or one hundred billion. It's a little presumptuous to lay that kind of blame on Jehovah without really looking a little deeper into the situation.

Unfortunately, as mankind continues to rape the planet of its natural resouces, oil, removal of the rain forests, air pollution, water polution, and countless other things that cause the earth to regurgitate, as would any human who consistently used their body for improper purposes, the planet we live on may seem an inanimate object, some huge rock hurtling along in space, but it's far from that.

The earth is alive, it breathes, it has a wealth of things that keep its insides flowing and moving, from the seemingly insignificant earth worm that burrows under the ground, assisting in keeping a flow of fluid circulating throughout the earth, to plants that give off oxygen, and you can take this, and all the other wonders of the planet in a thousand different directions, but when taking these things into consideration, after years and years of abuses the planet has suffered at the hands of man, the earth in some instances is going to respond to his foolishness and absolute lack of knowledge regarding the planet.

We're a high-tech society, given knowledge, bringing a flood of coveinience at our fingertips. From microwave ovens to remote controls for just about everything we own, from TV's to SUV's. MRI's and DVD's and mp3's and the beat goes on.

We've reached new heights of knowledge, unthinkable only twenty years ago, yet we are so far removed from understanding in the same breath, that our lives come into conflict with our natural surroundings. Technologically, we're so far behind the times that it's almost frightening to think where humanity was just 50 years ago, or 20, or 5 for that matter.

The earth has things to teach us but we cannot hear because we are consumed by things of the material world. We are spiritual beings, however, housed in these unfortunate physical shells, so far removed from the creator in this life, that we either can't, or worse, won't pay attention to the things the planet would have us know.

Just as Jehovah had to give instructions to the nation of Israel regarding the simple harvesting of crops, harvesting for 6 years, and not doing so for the 7th year and the bounty recieved from that, I believe there are even more radical things that The Almighty has yet to inform us about regarding the inner workings of this planet that we will never know on this side of heaven.

For instance the oil spill of the Exxon Valdez, and all that was done to try and prevent the oils further destruction of the coastline, sandbags proved to be of little value, however, after some few years had passed, a lowly form of algea proved to be the saving grace that would return the water to livable conditions again. No one was able to know this until they realized the coastline somehow had miraculously returned to normal. From something so simple and benign as the moss and algea created by God.

God has many secrets and surprises that natural man will never have an understanding of. Our focus, oftentimes, is on the wrong things. We can't see the proverbial forrest for the trees.

If the case of Gods being uncaring was true, how is one to explain the deaths 3,000 innocents who lost their lives during the horrific events of September 11, 2001, or the 6,000,0000 Jews who were slaughtered in WWII? Yes they were caused at the hands of man, but the signifigance of the deaths in conjunction with a caring God is what I'm discussing here. Unfortunately, we as humans get caught up in some pretty horrific events, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, landslides, and the list goes on and on.

For those who no longer belive in God, this response is not for you. For those who still believe, but reasonably have a proplem with the tragedy, it is hoped that you wouldn't immediately rush to judgement regarding God or his love for mankind, or as may be said in this case, God's seemingly uncaring position. If reports heard are true, however, tsunami warnings could've been issued, but because fear that tourism might suffer on some of those coastal communities, they may've chosen to keep silent on the matter, though not knowing just how signifigant those tsunamis might be. It is still too early to tell, and all this is too fresh in our hearts and minds to even respond in a rational way to the enormity of what has just taken place.

Tragedies such as these are unable to comprehended by any means, my hope is, however, that we all might take a deep breath, be thankful for this life, even in all its brevity, and hope in God's being a just God, especially in the untimely and unforseen occurences, that can befall, even everyone of us.

Godbless the Dead .

VZ'''''''[X

• Mary
    Mary
    Unfortunately, as mankind continues to rape the planet of its natural resouces, oil, removal of the rain forests, air pollution, water polution, and countless other things that cause the earth to regurgitate

While you're right in your assessment that man has raped the planet, it has squat to do with this disaster as this earthquake would have happened even if we had not "raped the planet". It's a scientific fact that earthquakes happen because of the ptetonic plates, not because of anything man does. Ironically, most of these people could have been saved by man's technology. Had there been buoy's in the Indian Ocean, the governments of those lands would have known what was coming (I think they had about 2 hours) and they could have evacuated many people to higher grounds. People in Hawaii knew that Sri Lanka and Indonesia were going to get hammered with the tsunami waves before it actually happened.

I believe that God exists, but I do not know why He apparently doesn't lift a finger when a catastrophe like this happens. It's left up to all the "worldly" people who are apparently worthy of death for not going out knocking on doors for at least 10 hours a month.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Since God doesn't appear to give warnings we are left with no other alternative than "evil" scientist to set up early warning systems.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Quotes says,

Of course, I realize you will disregard the premise of my argument (that Jehovah is a product of man's mind); so let me give you something else to work on. You believe that Jehovah has "allowed" this wickedness to happen, as part of his grand plan. That would mean that:

(A) All humans are being punished because one human couldn't resist fruit and ate it. Innocent children die in Tsunamis, washed out to sea to drown, because one person ate something that wasn't on the menu 6000+ years ago. That is neither fair nor balanced.

Punished by whom? God isn't punishing anybody. All he's doing is allowing Adam's offspring to have things their way for a while. And if I may say so without sounding too offensive, YOU yourself serve as a living example of one who still wants it your way. You refuse to recognize that there even is a God, and by doing so it means that there's no other "way" but YOUR way. Really, you've as much as eaten of the fruit yourself since you insist on having it YOUR way. That's really all that Adam did. By eating of the fruit he said that he preferred to watch over himself without God's intervention.

(B) Christ's ransom bought back the lost perfection..... but the murder, starvation, earthquakes, Tsunamis, and disease continue to happen. So the ransom was paid, the accounting books should now be balanced, and yet the death and mayhem continue. That is fraud.

The accounting books have indeed been balanced. Even so, there are some unfinished details that have to be taken care of before the benefits of Christ's ransom go into effect. One such detail has to do with the "appointed times of the nations". Those appointed times have yet to run out. They include a time when the 8th king will rule the world. That "king" hasn't arrived yet, and the benefits of Christ's ransom won't go into effect until the 8th king has had it's chance at world rule.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    First, Jehovah didn't cause the recent disaster that you refer to. Second, he's never gone back on his promise that you refer to.

No, but First, IF he exists he could have stopped it! Second, he's never gone back on his promise because he never made it because he's never existed!

We're supposedly made in God's image. Well, my first reaction is to want to save all the 100,000 plus who died. If I am made in God' image and I want to save them, why wouldn't he? Or are we talking about two different kinds of images here? Is my image superiour to God's? I cannot be made in his image and want to save if HE allows them to be killed!

If a man loses his life in the act of saving someone it is called a godly or unselfish (and brave) act. Almighty God was in no danger of perishing by saving just one of those people.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    First, Jehovah didn't cause the recent disaster that you refer to. Second, he's never gone back on his promise that you refer to.

No, but First, IF he exists he could have stopped it!

That's like saying, "God could have stopped Adam from eating the fruit." God gave Adam a choice, to eat of the fruit or not to eat of it.

• City Fan
    City Fan
    Even so, there are some unfinished details that have to be taken care of before the benefits of Christ's ransom go into effect

Why should this be the case? For what possible reason would a 'loving' god stretch the time period of wars, famines and natural disasters 2000 years beyond the death of Jesus? And on top of that to make it even more difficult for man to solve the Earth's problems he's also thrown Satan down to mislead mankind and 'blind the minds' of unbelievers. Not exactly a fair playing field is it?

Fortunately I see end-time religions for what they are, nonsense. The bible writers expected Jesus to return in their lifetime. This generation will by no means pass away, remember? Failed expectations should not be turned into future prophecies.

• melmac
    melmac

God did not give those victims any choice... your reasoning is clearly faulty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit