Covenant with Noah, VOID!!! So much for the rainbow..........

by deceit 81 Replies latest jw friends

• deceit
    deceit

Was it not Jehovah?s promise to never kill humans again by means of massive floods? I guess knocking on 100,000 deaths is just a minor slip-up. Knowing the response of JW's to the horrible situation in Asia and their reasoning of it, makes me feel indescribably sick in the stomach! eg. one said to me 'just proves the end is closer'. I am empty for words..........

• eljefe
    eljefe

I thought about this as the death count went higher and higher. This is the most poignant evidence that God doesn't care/exist.

Worst of all, most of the dead were children because they weren't as fast and strong.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Well not MOST of humankind.

I hate lawyers and Jehovah had a damn good one.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

maybe they meant this rainbow (shudder)...

actually, the covenant has a disclaimer of sorts... the word "all". i guess "thousands" are ok...

12 And God added: ?This is the sign of the covenant that I am giving between me and YOU and every living soul that is with YOU , for the generations to time indefinite. 13 My rainbow I do give in the cloud, and it must serve as a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 And it shall occur that when I bring a cloud over the earth, then the rainbow will certainly appear in the cloud. 15 And I shall certainly remember my covenant which is between me and YOU and every living soul among all flesh; and no more will the waters become a deluge to bring all flesh to ruin. 16 And the rainbow must occur in the cloud, and I shall certainly see it to remember the covenant to time indefinite between God and every living soul among all flesh that is upon the earth.?
    --New World Translation Genesis 8:12-16

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Well, I bet the mother that lost 11 children to the water, and others who lost their entire village, etc., fell like all the flesh has been destroyed by the water.

So sad...but yes, I thought of this too. A 100,000 and rising, that is a lot of people.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    So sad...but yes, I thought of this too. A 100,000 and rising, that is a lot of people.

the picture on today's front page was sadder than sad... a couple weeping over their young son, who was lying dead on the beach. just three people out of thousands and thousands...if that were my son i'd walk straight into the ocean, no doubt about it. it's times like these i start wondering why god doesn't do anything about it i mean if i were god i would not turn a blind eye... god could probably just think in your direction and save you. i hope someday i understand that once and for all.

• LDH
    LDH

Incense, Go in peace, keep warm and well fed!

Cute ain't it--That's what Jehovah does, from what I can tell. Takes absolutely NO VISIBLE ACTION to alleviate human suffering.

But his 'true followers' have to evidence their faith BY their works. Why doesn't Jehovah have to do the same?

Why is it that God always seems to assist other humans INVISIBLY but his true followers are expected to do everything VISIBLY?

Lisa

Random, where can I get the name of that lawyer? Class

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

That is a very good point, LDH.

• LDH
    LDH

Eyebrow,

Thanks. I gave at the office.

Lisa

Invisible Helper Class

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Was it not Jehovah’s promise to never kill humans again by means of massive floods? I guess knocking on 100,000 deaths is just a minor slip-up.

First, Jehovah didn't cause the recent disaster that you refer to. Second, he's never gone back on his promise that you refer to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit