Covenant with Noah, VOID!!! So much for the rainbow..........

by deceit 81 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Humans kill more people than tsunamis ever did.

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

Hi, It wasn't God's fault that it happened in the first place. If you look at a globe of the Earth, you can see how the continents once fit together.... the Earth is constantly changing, and people unfortunately, happen to be there when it does, resulting in untold grief and suffering. But I don't think God did it on purpose. Beth

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Oh he did it on purpose all right! He hates us!!! *runs off crying*

• Jez
    Jez

When a natural disaster strikes, I am reminded of that the earth is not stagnent, it is an ever-changing entity. If God put that into motion, ie. earth's evolution, then would it not make sense that he also put into motion the fact that everything that God created, evolves. That would include humans, their minds, their laws, their principles etc. That is why I believe that the bible is nothing more than a glimpse into a stage of human evolution. A glimpse of an ancient ppl's understanding of the world, way of life, myths, customs and traditions.

Take the bible for what it is. A short story sprinkled with historical facts.

Jez

• prophecor
    prophecor

Forgive me for being of the Art Bell like mind set, but there was an interesting point that resident talk show host, George Noory presented on his coast to coast AM radio program a couple of nights ago.

Now. mind you, this is nothing other than conjecture here, but his statements kinda' got me to thinking. Have you ever thought that the billions of gallons of crude oil that are removed from the earth, due to drilling in the earth's core, might over time, contribute to the problems of those same teutonic plates moving over time? We've pulled immeasurable ammounts of crude oil from the heart of the earth over the past 100 or so years, with the advent of technology during the industrial revolution. Might we be able to reason that this type of pillaging of the planet's resources, in the long run, just might have something to do with the planet's response to mankinds lack of knowledge regarding his home here on earth?

Multiply that times the many other chemical and biological destructive forces that have resulted from mans mismanagement of the planet and you have a potential recipe for disaster.

Those of the generation that remember WWII might remember the arms race of the 40's thru the 60's. The earth was given to untold destructive forces in the developement of nuclear weaponry. Hydrogen bombs, Atomic bombs, and nuclear explosions of countless testing upon the earth's surface, as well as underground might also be viewed as a source of earths eventual response to the destructive forces that we as humans have placed upon the planet .

Have you seen the results of a man made underground nuclear explosion?, it is a frightening thing to witness, but there exist film footage of such events, and it literally shows what can be likened to a man made earthquake.

When you take a closer look at the destructive forces that we as humans have visited upon this planet, it can be seen how a disaster of this magnitude might have been in the making, long before any of us were even born.

The earth is timeless, it does not have to respond to man in the times that would be in our best interest, and without a fuller understanding of the absolute inner workings of our home, it will not. We will continue to be beset with hurricanes, such as the four that were visted upon Florida just this year, volcanic eruptions like Mt St. Helens, wildfires that take out entire states, blizzards like the east coast winter of 96, and much of this I cannot just pawn off on Jehovah, nor will I even give Satan a share in this, unnesescairilly, for we often give the Devil way more credit than he is due, but man needs to pay closer attention to the things that He has done, and somewhere down the line, we might all see ourselves and hopefully God, in a more correct light.

He is omnipotent, He is all powerful, He, however, is not the Genie in the bottle that will always magically make everything OK.

Much Respect.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Schizm, please know that I say this with a smile and a hug/handshake/whatever:

=====================================
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." (Stephen Roberts)
    =====================================

I'm upset with myself in mislearning all that bible stuff WT taught me: I was sure that WT taught me that Adam & Eve were PUNISHED by being kicked out of the garden, as a result of breaking the rules. Maybe I should go deeper than My Book of Bible Stories, sorry, my bad. (end sarcasm)

Even if you point is correct, this still isn't fair: Man "has it his way for a while", but in addition to dealing with the social problems of man-rule, he also has to deal with a broken planet. In other words, your scenario has god tipping the scales in his favour like a petulant, scorned lover: "They want to be on their own, do they? I'll show them.... time to make the planet an unstable geologic mess!!!!!" This wouldn't be happening if you would have stayed in the Garden. Tsk tsk.

I digress: As I recall, Satan (posing as a snake) told them that in the day they eat from the forbidden fruit, they would become like god, knowing the difference between good and bad. IMHO, that is exactly what happened, so Satan (the "father of the lie") did not lie, at least on this occaission. This whole story just doesn't have consistency. But that is another story.

If I may mirror you: And if I may say so without sounding too offensive, YOU yourself serve as a living example of one who still wants to go on believing in fantasy instead of accepting the obvious facts all around you. But that's OK, you've got a lot of company! ;)

As for the WT trademark "appointed times of the nations" stuff, well, that wasn't even in the original deal (when they were kicked out of the garden, but not punished). IIRC, you've taken a scripture the purports to be a prophecy, but which has been shown to have been written after the events it prophesied, and then (magically) said that it will have a "greater fullfillment" based on the idease that Chuck Russel stole... erm, borrowed with extreme prejudice... from Barbour, in the late 19th century. That makes as much sense as the weird stuff I hear from from Scientologists; the difference is that you and I will likely agree that Scientologists nonsense is pretty nonsensical. Oh well.

~Quotes, of the "let's discuss this over a beer" class

• gumby
    gumby
    I repeat: Their choice was made for them, by their forefather Adam. It's the same as if your children went hungry due to your failure to provide for them. It's YOUR fault that your own children are skinny, not God's.

In other words....the children are being punished for their fathers sins...(Adam)

This is a total contradiction of gods own word and is blasphemy. I vote we stone Jizzum.

Gumby

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I repeat: Their choice was made for them, by their forefather Adam. It's the same as if your children went hungry due to your failure to provide for them. It's YOUR fault that your own children are skinny, not God's.

In other words....the children are being punished for their fathers sins...(Adam)

No, the children are reaping the consequences of their father not having been responsible in feeding them. If you spend all your money on booze, Gumby, and therefore have no money left to feed your children and they get sick, who is to be blamed for your children becoming sick? You'd say that God is to be blamed. But I'd say that YOU are to be blamed.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Where is it written that Jehovah brought the disaster? It is also written that the wild beast attacks the holy ones. Was this an act of God?

Brownboy

• Schizm
    Schizm

It appears that Gumby has chosen not to answer my last post to him. Could it be that he can't contend with what I've said? Looks like it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit