We walked out of my mom's memorial service

by tyydyy 120 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Sorry to hear about your loss. Even after going through a similair "JW experience" when my father passed a year and half ago, it still shocks me to read stuff like this.

The cruelity done in the name of religion knows no bounds.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

tyydyy and Xena,

I'm sorry to hear this. Sorry for your loss and then to have the inhumane behaviour of "god's people" bubble quickly to the surface. I don't know if I could have been as dignified as you were in such a circumstance.

"Jehovah's Witnesses: The nicest group of evil people you'll ever meet"

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

tyydyy & Xena,

I don't have words enough: this is just awful.

Glad you had your own memorial.

my sympathy.

• Valis
    Valis

Tim, that is horrible man. Also, my condolances to your family and to you my friend. That certainly was a display of Christian kindness huh? I honestly don't see how they sleep at night acting that way towards people. sheesh....I'm glad though you had a moment of your own for your mom. It probably represents more closure and good feelings for you than anything that would have went on at the hall. Take care Tim and have a cold one on me.

Travis

• Carmel
    Carmel

Only one step removed from "Taliban". My symapthies!

carmel

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know all too well what you are going through at this time.

Reading this thread really gets my blood pressure up. However, I'm not surprised at the so called "loving" actions by these so called "brothers".

I wish more witnesses would realize that family ALWAYS comes first. Whether nor not they believe in the basic dogma's of the religion. FAMILY IS FAMILY. These friggin elders, MS, or whoever else in the Kingdom Hall CAN NEVER REPLACE FAMILY. EVER!!!!!!

Again. I'm very sorry for your loss and I'm sorry that these so called people have to make a sad situation even worse.

El Kabong.

• Preston
    Preston

tyydyy and Xena,

I'm sorry, about what happened

I would of caused a scene but I'm happy that you guys are above their high-mindedness

God's spirit was more prevalent in your humble ceremony

than in any building that shoved aside human emotion and kindness

Shame on the Jehovah's Witnesses for putting salt in your opened wound tyydy

You are what Jesus referred to when he talked about the salt of the earth

And may your mother live on with you guys

- preston

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I'm sorry for your loss & the extremely cruel way you all were treated. I think you were right to refused to play the game, & have your own remembrances of her.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    I am so sorry. I totally understand. My grandfather passed away a year and half ago and my JW mother begged me to take her back to Canada for the funeral, after I paid all our travel expenses and got there I found out that I was only invited to the KH for the "talk" and then to the grave for the burial. My sister and I are both DF'd and we were literally told to leave our grandmothers house and when we refused (it was an outside BBQ) they all went inside. I am talking about 100 people, went inside the house and left us sitting outside on porch. They locked the house, they closed the blinds, and at that point I KNEW I was done.

HOLY COW, tickled pink! That is pathetic! I'm sure that they all sat around too congratulating themselves over their righteousness. That is absolutely...I'd say unbelievable but I believe that these people are capable of anything because they are blinded by self-righteousness and arrogance.

Tim, it amazes me, how we df'd (or in your case not even df'd or da'd!) family members are all well and good to call on when there's a job that the witness siblings don't want to do, eh? I went through the same thing with my family, consoling my parents, cleaning with mom (who is completely emotionally disabled, she never leaves her house.) I was a great person to call to do 'go between' for my elder uncle and my mother when things needed to be worked out and she wasn't speaking to him. But when time came for the family gathering.. (public place, and there would have been non-jw family present) I was informed on no less than six different occaisions that I would be 'handled as a df'd person' meaning, ignored. They implied that they didn't want me to come because it would make so many 'uncomfortable'. I didn't go because I didn't want to give them another opportunity to abuse me and my husband who has never been a JW.

I have a child about the same age as yours. She chose not to go to the memorial service for her great-grandmother because, in her own words, "she couldn't bear to see her aunt" who has been shunning her along with me for the past two years. This is a woman who was constantly in the child's life, and then one day she just decided that she wouldn't deal with me. I wouldn't let her just stop by and pick my kid up to take her off and brainwash her (child came home saying "Mommy, I don't want you to die.") and so for two years, no contact. My daughter has grieved that loss like a death. You can tell your daughter when you talk to her that there is another little girl out there who is going through just the same thing, and I will tell my daughter and then they can think of each other and feel stronger knowing they're not alone. I don't even want to think of the damage this is doing to her psyche but the only good thing is she says to me "Mom, I could never treat you that way no matter what." She doesn't want to be a witness because she sees how the cult has torn our family apart.

Then out of the blue last week my sister send my child a gift through my parents. I was angry that they didn't ask me if she could have it first. Because she was excited for a moment...then depressed all the rest of the week. These people play games with the emotions of even children, it's not right. I don't know how they justify what they do.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to everyone who has experienced this cruelty. It is just revolting and I don't know how anyone could claim to follow Christ and do what they do.

essie

• bisous
    bisous

Xena,

What a great example you all set for your daughter, very hard to explain now, but one she will be proud of you for in the future. I'm so sorry that you had to experience this, but frankly not surprised in the least.

I'm glad there was time to say goodbyes away from the meanspiritedness of the cult ... how proud Jesus would be of their actions eh? what a Christian display .... errrggh

Big hugs to you and yours, kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit