We walked out of my mom's memorial service

by tyydyy 120 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

My Brother, my sister, myself, Xena and those with us walked out when we were called aside and asked not to attend the reception after the memorial.

More details to follow......

TimB

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Tim........sorry to hear of your loss. It's a shame to have to deal with a narrow minded cult while coping with the loss of you mother.

~~~Hill

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

We came back to my house and had our own ceremony where we all stood around her picture with candles flickering in the cold night air and talked about what we loved about our mom and what we are going to miss about her.

• Poztate
    Poztate

They sure show LOVE by their actions. They are forced to allow you to be at the memorial,being open to the public and all....BUT they shut the gate at the reception.Only true believers get to go there.

The memorial you privately held with only those close to your mother is far more meaningful than anything the cong could ever do.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Oh my christ.

Friggin twits.

Sorry.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    we all stood around her picture with candles flickering in the cold night air and talked about what we loved about our mom and what we are going to miss about her

That is a lot more meaningful than the wt schlock they spew at king hall funerals. My condolensces on your loss. Retelling all those things must help in letting go, i imagine.

S

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am soooo sorry..

I know something similar happened to my ex when his dad died.. I think that is just horrible

• Will Power
    Will Power

Unbelievable, but sad to say I'm not surprised.

my condolences.

will

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You guys got off light - I had guards posted to stop Mrs Ozzie and I getting in!!!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I was afraid that was going to happen. If the JW's weren't filled with paranoia you'd think they would use the occassion to invite you back and give you the warm fuzzies about how you were missed. Just goes to show there is no reason to ever step foot in a kingdom hall again. Not even for the funeral of a loved one. I'm glad you guys left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit