We walked out of my mom's memorial service

by tyydyy 120 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Tim and Xena.

And of the nastiness perpetrated by the Dubs. It proves once again that the JW organization, and a huge percentage of individual JWs, are swine.

AlanF

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Sorry for your loss ...

• Perry
    Perry

Tim,

So sorry for your loss. You must have been livid with adrenaline during some of those confrontations. Sounds like you kept your cool and handled yourself with dignity. Being subjected to such disrespect and condecension is our lot. You are not alone.

Wishing you much peace and self respect.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I would like to say thank you to all who have expressed their condolences and concern. There is so much empathy in this group of people and I don't think we learned it from the Dubs. Most of us have suffered in one form or another from being JW's. Your feelings for your fellow human being is what proves that they don't have IT. Because I can see the contrast between the love of the organization and the love of friends and strangers here I choose to come here and be with the kind of people I want to emulate. Thank you all.

TimB

• Golf
    Golf

Such moronic behaviour, what else can I say?

• Panda
    Panda

My condolences. A Mom's death is really almost unbearable. I sorry for your loss . The treatment you received from the brothers and your Dad are the typical CONTROL methods employed by the cults. They must control you even when you are no longer under their direct control. What sad little people. How ignorant and selfish. I'm glad you're outta there.

About 21 years ago my Mom died, she was Catholic I was a JW. I went to the wake and the funeral and was treated like the grieving daughter. No one even mentioned my religion. We were all there to get my Dad through this horrible time of his life. And to rememeber my Mom.

A few years ago my Dad died. My husband was one of his pallbearers at the Catholic funeral. No one objected to his taking part even though he wasn't catholic.

When my mother inlaw died my sisters inlaw insisted that their brother (my JW husband though inactive) give the eulogy. No one thought anything bad or negative about a son eulogizing his Mom. Can you imagine some "outsider" giving the memorial talk at a KH? Never happen because the cult must keep tight control.

And that comment from your Dad!!! good grief.."I have a photo of a CHristmas tree in your house." Oh yeah Dad and what were you doing there photographing the Christmas tree? And why wait so long to tell anyone? AND I've seen plenty of turkey's on JW tables on thanksgiving and Christmas...sheesh they really are insufferable.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

"It is more than sad and pathetic.............it is evil in and of itself."

Geez Danny you sure are get'n weak in the truth .. and I'm worried about your meeting atendance too

best wishes to mrs bear!

irregular unc

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a sick, screwed up religion.

Bangalore

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Is this practice still current?

Just wondered as in-laws are in their 80s. The only family here is my husband, his brother and a cousin. Brother DF years ago husband DAd, cousin is a parsee.

LI

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

certainly was in 2005 LI when my father passed , the week leading up the funeral it was stated that I could attend the funeral at the cemetery and the reception at my mothers house, then 2 or 3 days before the funeral I get a call from my mother telling me it might not be possible that I attend the reception, I ask why and it boils down to how I DA'ed myself 12 years earlier in a staged deceitful telephone call between the PO, his sidekick (they know who they are) and myself, basically I played dumb and stated I could not recall the call all those years ago, still a decision had not been made but I was still allowed to attend the service, in the car park of the cemetery my elder BIL questioned me once more about this bloody telephone call 12 years previous , I let him have it telling him that those 2 elders had bullshitted on my JC and had conducted a telephone call that was callous,deceitful and down right illegal, that seemed to settle things and it appeared I was off the hook and ready for the reception, during the service the PO was standing along side the chapel and I caught the scumbags eye and he gave me the nastiest stare if looks could kill, I just laughed it off, later in the car park the chairman on my JC who is a decent man and no longer in my old cong met with me and made no mention of these stupid events that were unfolding that day ( he was at the hospice the night my father passed).

The events left a bad taste in my mouth and luckily have been the last time I have had any contact with these stupid,rule obsessed Pharisees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit