We walked out of my mom's memorial service

by tyydyy 120 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Tim,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. There are many people out here who send you their most heartfelt sympathies. I am glad that you had your own personal memorial with those that could truly share with you in your time of sorrow and remembrance. Those people back at the KH are emotionally and socially retarded to behave in such a manner at a memorial service. What a terrible witness they give to everyone as to the true nature of their religious practices. Maybe seeing you stand up and leave will wake some of the JWs up and make them think about what they are doing.

Much Love to you and your family,

cybs

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((tyydyy)) & (((Xena))) My condolances on the loss of your mother and I'm so sorry you were all treated in such a horrible manner. I'm glad you were all able to get together and do something that felt so right in spite of it all.

Lisa

• Princess
    Princess

I'm really sorry for your loss. They just don't get it and they never will. Sounds like you had a much nicer and much more meaningful memorial than any witness could offer.

Rachel

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((tyyday))) (((Xena))) My sincere condolences for your loss.

I guess they made another "fine witness" to the general population with this abhorrent behavior. I'm glad you were able to have an appropriate service with those that knew & loved her the most. In that, you honored her well.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I am so sorry for your loss.

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

What a terrible thing they did. You have my deepest sympathy.

• bebu
    bebu

That makes me so angry! And to hear that this is not so unusual, either!

Tyydyy, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I myself just came back from a funeral today for my husband's dear grandma. There are no JWs in this huge clan, and it was a warm time despite the tears.

A double-edge sword for you, though. I'm sure you didn't want to be in the midst of this group; however, to have such a knife twisted in you like that is shockingly cruel.

I'm 100% positive that your mother was truly remembered and appreciated better with you, than with them. They only had a sales event.

bebu

• fairy
    fairy

I feel so sorry for you all......you have to ask yourself "where is the love?"

they will be accountable for what they do.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

How terrible for you - I am sorry. Unfortunately, this situation happens only too frequently in an organisation that values dogma and rules over people and their feelings.

Eyeslice

• Brummie
    Brummie

You guys are great, so sorry to hear of you're sad loss but glad you held you're own against that disgusting religion.

((((all involved)))

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit