We walked out of my mom's memorial service

by tyydyy 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Mystery
    Mystery

Tim and everyone -

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope you laughed as well as cried at your memorial service.

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((Tim & family)))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its disgusting how they treated you, so cruel for a 'loving' religion.

• squinks
    squinks

Just effing unbelievable. I am so sorry for your loss. The JW's just never stop shocking the stuff out of me. You should think we would all be shock proof by now!

They have all been robbed of any natural feeling or logic. All they feel or think is what they have been told to feel or think.

Morons!!!!!!!!!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That's really horrible. I'm sorry you had to go through this, as if lossing a mother isn't bad enough.

Kwin

• mouthy
    mouthy

My Deepest Sympathy to you all.

Robots!!! act the way they are programed.What do we expect. Thank God that we were able to break the internal wires they attached to us....I would much prefer the memorial you had at home around Mums picture.....God Bless.Remember their dealings is not done in a corner.....There is a judgement day coming I believe(((HUGS))))

Grace

• Xena
    Xena

Thank you for all your responses, I'm sure Tim and his family will appreciate them as much as I do

The reception was at a public place and it was never indicated at any time up until we arrived at the memorial service that anyone would not be welcome there. Tim actually had spoken with his father prior to this about it saying that he would like to take a moment there to say a few words about his mother...the kind of person she was and his feelings for her...to get some personal closure. So it was an extremely cruel blow to him to have this opportunity yanked from him in that way.

Also neither Tim or I are d/aed or d/fed. I brought this point up to my dub sister outside the Hall and was basically told that the only reason we weren't d/fed was because we wouldn't meet with the brothers...lol which is bs as the brothers have never made any attempt to contact us. We set her straight pretty quickly regarding judging others. I lost what little inclination I had to continue my relationship with her at this point.

I have to say I was never happier with my decision to leave the Jehovah's Witness religion than I was at that moment. It sickens me to think I may have been a party to this type of behavior in my past. Even unknowingly.

Our 9 year old daughter was with us at the time. I took her aside and tried to explain to her that this is one of the reasons we are no longer Jehovah's Witness'. That her aunt, uncle, dad and I were not invited to attend the reception for her grandmother and therefore we did not feel comfortable staying for the memorial service and that we would have our own special service for her grandmother. She cried a bit...I think it was all a bit overwhelming...how could it not be??? I'm sorry she had to be exposed to this but I guess it's good in a way she sees the uglyness of this religion so she can better understand why we are no longer a part of it.

Thanks again for being here for us guys....

• sandy
    sandy

I guess we are all different.

If those freakin idiots tried to keep me away from any service or reception I wouldn't stand for it. How dare them try to keep you away!!!

I know it is not a time for confrontation but some things make me so angry I don't think I could refrain from giving them a piece of my mind.

This is so evil, so uncaring not to mention thoughtless, rude, ignorant, the words to describe it go on and on.

I swear Tim and Family I feel like calling up those J-dubs and telling them off for you and eveyone else these ungodly people hurt.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to think of what to say to somebody who loses a loved one. Nothing we say can ease your pain. We just hope that is brings some comfort knowing that people are thinking of you and your family at this time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That sucks. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever find their lowest low.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good grief.

Absolutely despicable behavior.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I'm so sorry for your loss reading this brought tears to my eyes that you were treated so badly at such a time. Where is the compassion? How unloving, how cruel. I'm very glad to hear you rose above it and had your own special service for your Mother, I'm sure she would have been proud of you for that.

Our deepest sympathies,

Kate and Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit