What Are Some of Your Favorite Urban Legends About JWs???

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I remember the tale of 2 sisters that were preaching in this most dangerous building in NYC. Supposedly they spoke to this dangerous criminal being sought by the law. Supposedly he had killed many people that had come to his door. Why didn't he kill the 2 sisters? When he was asked by the police this he said: Not with those two giants standing next to them.

Cheeeeeeeeeeesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The moral of the story is that Jehovah had sent these two angels to guard the sisters in the preaching work.

I've heard several versions of this same story.

DY

• jws
    jws

How about the one where some Witness was watching Bewitched and the same thing that popped up in Samantha Steven's living room, popped up in the Witness' living room. Of course, once she yelled out "Jehovah", it disappeared. Ditto for those that watched I Dream of Jeannie.

Funny, we couldn't watch Bewitched because it had witches, but for some reason I Dream of Jeannie was OK. Maybe my dad liked the costume better...

As far as Michael Jackson being a JW at one time, I think that's more than rumor or legend. I've heard interviews with family members and seen shows that seem to confirm it.

As far as rumors, I remember reading one on this board. It goes something like this: 2 JW kids were at a wordly party and ended up playing with a ouiji board. They asked it if it feared the Jehovah's Witnesses and it replied that it didn't - that they have their children. At which time, the JW kids fled in terror.

I remember stories about one lady at the hall who liked watching scary movies and it was inferred that those were movies about the supernatural. One night, after watching one of these movies, she went to bed and saw the sheets floating above her bed.

I remember one about some JWs who had presumably bought a picture from a yard sale. I think most of the family was out for a drive and somebody was left at the house. They noticed the picture was crooked and when they straightened it, the family was suddenly transported to another town some 60 miles or so away. Needless to say, they got rid of the picture. I think it might have been neat to have when I was a kid. Having a secret party and find out mom and dad are on their way home, straighten the picture and POOF - more time to party!

I vaguely remember something about some posessed tiki doll coming to life. But then again, I remember seeing (recently) a movie from the 70's with the exact same thing. But I'm sure I heard it when I was a kid as something that happened to a JW. At least I know what movie they were getting it from.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

the smurf story was a classic tale one I will never forget.....I was very little and scared to death of smurfs even if the cartoon came on, I'd freak. well, I'm definitely over that one.

The one about the pioneer sisters, I heard another version that went like this....an Avon lady was working the neighborhood the same time rang on that same killers door and was shot dead.....when asked why he didn't kill the Witness lady, he said because of the 2 big guys (angels) were beside her.

• minimus
    minimus

In 1963, the Watchtower & Awake put out some articles about being attacked by the demons in the invisible realm. They concentrated quite a bit of sex with demons....hence the preoccupation with some hapless sister having Rosemary's baby.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

How do you have sex with a demon anyways? I mean I'm no expert but it seems a bit IMPOSSIBLE to me. I mean I watched the movie "Ghost" and if anyone was going to get it on, it would have been Demi Moore and her dead husband and all he did was move a penny in the room. So, I don't believe it!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't know how widespread THIS nonsense was, but up here in the Lake Ontario area of NY, we had this thing about hot-dogs. They were supposed to contain blood byproducts or some such stuff---only one company didn't have the (supposedly) dreaded ingredient, and it was a very expensive local brand. One Pioneer sister went around to all the markets around here and ASKED the store managers about it.

The same thing with Wonder bread---it was supposed to be made with some sort of blood part to make stronger bones! (duh)

Whatta bunch! Always with the FEAR tactic!

Annie

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Someone on here mentioned one legend that red Skittles had blood in them.

I was told to throw out all my Led Zeppelin albums because Jimmy Page sold his sould to the devil to become the world's best guitar player. I've heard this one a few time. Now, I've read Hammer of the Gods, and Jimmy did dabble in the occult, but he never sold his soul.

I remember one where a pioneer sister was in dyer need of a new bed. She was driving down the road, and lo and behold, in the middle of the road was a brand new mattress, still in the bag!

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah God always seemed to find a decent car for a pioneer.

• needinfo
    needinfo

my mother always told me as akid growing up if im having a bad dream or think the demons are playing with my mind while i was trying to go to sleep just put hte bible on my pillow and it would all go away...............never worked but they had me scared of everything

• karategirl
    karategirl

I remember being told of a man that was pioneering and living simply. One day he was almost out of gas and had no money in his pocket. He also had nothing to eat for dinner. However he had scheduled a return visit with someone that was somewhat skeptical. He decided to go anyway leaving everything in Jehovah's hands. Not only did the return visit result in a study but the individual offered to feed the brother. Then as he was leaving he looked down on the street next to his car and found a quarter. Just enough money to get gas for the ride home. What blessings!!! Oh and having sex with demons I'm not sure since we were taught that they were no longer allowed to take on human form after Noah's day. Maybe the single sister started the urban legend to cover up her promiscuity. Stephanie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit