What Are Some of Your Favorite Urban Legends About JWs???

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That Prince is a JW. I told my Mother this and she said "I don't believe *that*! That nasty Devil could never be one of Jehovah's people." If she only knew.... hehhehe.

Country Girl

• Swan
    Swan

Does anyone remember reading an Awake! article in the 80's where a man was so demonized that he knew the demons by name and could open the drapes with his mind?

This seemed very far-fetched to me at the time and added to my growing doubts.

Tammy

• karategirl
    karategirl

I too heard about demonized objects not burning. Also heard about a woman that had found a book in her home awhile after she had been studying she forgot to throw away. It was on the occult. It was late at night so she put it on her front porch and was going to walk it out to the garbage in the morning. Apparently she heard noises in the night outside her window and no one was there. When she woke up in the morning the book was laying on the kitchen table. She of course tried to burn it and it wouldn't burn. Not sure how she finally got rid of this indestructable object. All this demon stuff is such a trip. Don't forget about playing metal records backwards would say satanic things. Also that AC/DC stands for Against Christ Devil's Children and KISS stands for Knights in Satan's Service. I also remember hearing this stuff from non-JW sources too.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

This is one I heard. A pioneer in Fort Lauderdale, FL claims to have had an encounter with a serial killer nick named by the media the "Pillow Case strangler". I am not from the FL area and don't know if there is such a serial killer with that name (nothing came up on google). Anyway the story went it's a younger man who likes to pick up old women, take them back to his place, then strangles them with a pillow case and dumps their bodies.

This pioneer claimes to have been approached by such a man and he asked her if she "wanted to have a good time". She told him to get lost and he kept on following her. Finally she called out to Jehovah for this man to leave her alone. It freaked him out and he got in his car. She then met up with her FS group and told them what happened and one woman said that it sounded like the pillow case strangler. They then went to the police and they said it sounded like the serial killer. She sat with an artist and did a sketch and gave them the make of his car.

That is the most outrageous urban legend I have ever heard of.

• jws
    jws
    Dungeons and Dragons was not just a retarded game for nerds to occupy their time, it was a deadly game that could leave you not only demonized but in a mental ward or worse a suicide statistic...the JWs that I grew up with got helped out by a movie of the week (Ithink it was) starring Tom Hanks back in the early 80s.

That would be Mazes and Monsters, also known as Dungeons and Dragons for the video release. Tom Hanks starts to believe he is his role-playing character. Seen some kids back in high who come close to that, it seems.

• blondie
    blondie
    Does anyone remember reading an Awake! article in the 80's where a man was so demonized that he knew the demons by name and could open the drapes with his mind?

*** g86 8/22 pp. 11-12 The Demons Controlled Me ***
    I began reading all the books on occultism that I could get my hands on, obtaining them from public libraries and, in particular, bookstores. One store, operated by a spirit medium, catered especially to those who practiced witchcraft, or black magic. From reading old books on occultism, I learned the names of demons who were contacted in past ages by people who practiced spiritism.
    Then, in my communications with the demons, I began using these names when I spoke with them. And it seemed that whenever I dealt with a particular demon, that one?s personality and the way he worked differed from that of another demon I would call upon. I thus came to know scores of demons by name.

Nothing about drapes though.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    5) MOST DISTURBING: that Jehovah ( and his cloak of protection) could be summoned simply by calling out his name. Was this some kind of SUPER HEROE joke?

Wonder Twin powers ... ACTIVATE!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I heard from a Bethel-light while doing temp work this story RE: the 90 Sands residence building in Brooklyn.

The WTS had "worldly" contractors doing the masonry [brick work] on the building. One Friday afternoon the contractor was rushing to get a certain area done and was doing slip-shod work. I guess a Bethel-lite supervisor saw the poor workmanship and asked their contractor to redo the poorly done area. The contractor said that the work was up to "industry standards" and refused to redo the work.

Then, Jehover got real pissed and saw fit to show the worldly contractor what kind of kick-ass god he really is. Over one weekend while the contractor was working on another part of the building, a storm hit. The contractor still had scaffolding setup in the area of the poorly laid brick.

Guess what happened?

Well praise Jehover, the Almighty God of Armies! That storm started swinging the scaffolding around like kindling in a wheelbarrow! Swinging it around and smashing it into the building. In fact, Jehover smashed the scaffolding right into every last poorly laid brick, damaging it to the point that the worldly contractor had to redo all of the brickwork that was in question!

Praise Jah you earthling man!

Praise Jah those that see his mighty works!

Praise Jah from the mountaintops and from the valleys!

PRAISE JAH YOU PEOPLE!!!

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

The guy who could use the force to open his drapes got that way reading about UFOs, if I remember correctly. When I heard that story, I thought, "Cool!" -Source: Public Talk

On a variation of Winston Smith's story, a group of elders approached the owners of a stadium to rent it for a DC. When the time came they found a large Satanic banner for an upcoming rock concert. The owners refused to take it down. Well, along came a thunderstorm and "ripped the banner in two." -Source: Circuit Assembly

A sister in Japan was preaching alone and came upon a bar known as a hang out for a motorcycle gang. Bravely, she went inside, and the response was so great that she didn't have enough literature to place. So, one ofthe gang members offered her a ride on the back of his motorcycle to the local branch office to get more books and magazines. When the branch office was unable to help, the motorcycle guy slammed his fist down and demanded they give the lady some decent customer service, much to the amusement of the Jainseville Assembly Hall. Of course, most of the gang became Witnesses in short order. -Source: Circuit Assembly

In another incredibly foreign country, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, once upon a time, Brother FakeName witnessed to the local prison population. Sure enough, the biggest, meanest, nastiest prisoner on death row became a die-hard JW. Special permission was given by the warden to baptize him. Well, he apologized to the guards for his former behaviour, but the sentence was never commuted. The Brother FakeName accompanied the prisoner to his hanging, and as the trap door fell away, the prisoner whispered, "Jehovah, help." BUT... the guard closest to him heard what he REALLY said, "Jehovah, help Brother FakeName." Aww. -Source: Circuit Assembly

EDIT: Blondie, you are so awesome for finding that Rwanda story! Once again you've demostrated your reputation.

• under74
    under74

"BUT... the guard closest to him heard what he REALLY said, "Jehovah, help Brother FakeName." Aww."

LMAO...never heard this one before. Hysterical!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit