What Are Some of Your Favorite Urban Legends About JWs???

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Heard one told about a elder/brother that was doing some unJehovah-like things but keeping it in the closet. Well brother so-so was giving a talk and Jehovah felt the need to let other elders know that brother so-so was doing some shady sh*t on the DL. So while brother so-so was giving his talk he started speaking in tongues but didnt know he was speaking in tongues because Jehovah was letting everyone else know that he wasn't right. I guess he was disfellowshipped or something. Never heard anything else about it other than the warning that Jehovah will bring to light anything that you are sneaking and doing.......This did kinda freak me out and I always wondered if Jehovah would secretly put a tattoo on my forehead that I couldn't see telling everyone I was having premarital sex....

• minimus
    minimus

GREAT STORIES!

• lawrence
    lawrence

There was a brother, former cop, who became an elder. He would be called on to pray, and two brothers could tell by what he said and what he didn't pray for (forgiveness) that he was guilty of something. So somehow (followed him and snooping) they caught him having an affair, and the circuit said that even the prayers can be examined by Spirit and revealed.

• minimus
    minimus

That's the type of thing that ENCOURAGES JWs to snoop and pry "for Jehovah".

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

In another incredibly foreign country, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, once upon a time, Brother FakeName witnessed to the local prison population. Sure enough, the biggest, meanest, nastiest prisoner on death row became a die-hard JW. Special permission was given by the warden to baptize him. Well, he apologized to the guards for his former behaviour, but the sentence was never commuted. The Brother FakeName accompanied the prisoner to his hanging, and as the trap door fell away, the prisoner whispered, "Jehovah, help." BUT... the guard closest to him heard what he REALLY said, "Jehovah, help Brother FakeName." Aww. -Source: Circuit Assembly

yeah i remember that 1 (or one similar)as a kid.it was from japan and when the Guy..remember he was a convicted Murderer.....was executed ,the Governor ,witnesses to the execution etc were bawling theyre eyes out because of his "right hearted ness"and "sincere repentance"and "much interest was then shown for Gods Word".

(i could use them in Minimus other thread!)

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Yeah, I thought it was Japan. I wonder if the even have the death penalty in Japan?

EDIT: Yep, they do. Dammit!

Speaking of which there was an article about a man who survived Hiroshima because he was imprisoned for preaching. I've heard from other sources non-JW sources that a prisoner was the sole survivor of Hiroshima (no mention of him being a JW), and there were quite a few names and dates in the article, so it could be true.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Mungoboab

Yeah,i remember that 1 too!

Thing is,i wonder how many JW,s WERE killed in the blast.Why werent they saved?

(the amount of times ive had this out with my Dad,you know,when they say such and such was saved cos he went to the Hall etc etc...)

• blondie
    blondie

*** g85 8/22 p. 8 Hiroshima?Has Its Lesson Been Lost? ***

But many individuals in Japan have already made a personal decision in this regard. One such individual was in the Hiroshima prison at the very time the atom bomb exploded, but he survived that holocaust in one of the prison?s deep cells. He was not in prison because of any criminal offense. Rather, he was conscientiously opposed to participating in war. He was one of Jehovah?s Witnesses.

yb73 p. 221 Japan ***

The Miuras were among those arrested by the police on June 21, 1939. They were put in jail in Hiroshima, and their young boy was sent back to his grandmother in Ishinomori. After eight months, Sister Miura was released, so that she, too, could return north to care for her son. Brother Miura was detained for more than two years before he was brought to trial. His first and second trials were in camera, and his appeal to the higher court was rejected. Since the courtroom now provided his best opportunity for giving a witness, he did his best to testify concerning God?s kingdom. The investigating officer was very angry with him, regarding him as unpatriotic. He had to submit to hair pulling and other mistreatment. After three years in prison, he was found guilty of violating the Peace Preservation law, and was sentenced to five years? imprisonment. The judge told him that, unless he gave up his faith, he would be in prison all the days of his life. However, the Bible continued to give him strength and comfort.

Finally Katsuo Miura was released from Hiroshima prison. How? Let him tell the story in his own words. "It was the morning of August 6, 1945, seven years after I was arrested. . . . All of a sudden, a weird light flashed and sparkled on the ceiling of my cell. It was like lightning or magnesia flashlight. Then I heard such a terribly loud roar as if all the mountains had collapsed at one time. Instantly the cell was shrouded with a thick darkness. I shoved my head under my nearby mattress, to escape what appeared to be a dark gas. After seven or eight minutes had passed I pushed my head out from under the mattress and . . . looked through the back window. I was thunderstruck! The jail workshops and the wooden buildings had all been crushed flat. . . . On the morning of the third day after the explosion, forty-five of us prisoners were tied together with ropes, and we were led in our prison garb two miles to the railway station for transfer to another city. It was then that I saw the terrible plight of the community. The whole city was a ruined field as far as the eye could see. . . . Everybody looked depressed and without hope. Two months after the atom bomb I was finally released from jail." Brother Miura then rejoined his wife and son in the north of Japan.

w83 7/15 pp. 21-22 "Seek Peace and Pursue It" ***

Whatever the situations that may arise in this violent world, Jehovah is able ?to safeguard his people as the pupil of his eye.? (Deuteronomy 32:10; Daniel 3:19-27) He is even able, if he so chooses, to preserve his own through such a horror as a nuclear holocaust. This was demonstrated on August 6, 1945, in the experience of a faithful servant of Jehovah who was undergoing persecutions in Japan?s Hiroshima prison. On that morning a departure from his usual schedule placed him in such a position that he was unharmed by the atom bomb?s explosion. Most of the prison was flattened, but much as Rahab survived the fiery destruction of Jericho, Katsuo Miura survived the devastation in Hiroshima. (Joshua 6:23, 24) He was thankful to Jehovah, as he expressed it, that he was ?atom bombed out of prison,? in order to spend the remaining years of his life in pioneer service. (Compare Psalm 116:15.) Nothing is too wonderful for our Sovereign Lord, "the true God, the great One, the mighty One, Jehovah of armies being his name."?Jeremiah 32:17-19.

But can JWs depend on the WTS God to save them even if they are at the KH:

g85 11/22 p. 9 Bomb Blast Levels Kingdom Hall in Australia ***

"It could never happen in a country like Australia!" But it did. At 9:35 Sunday morning, July 21, 1985, David Winder began his Bible discourse in the Casula Kingdom Hall of Jehovah?s Witnesses, in Sydney. Twenty-five minutes later, a bomb blast blew him through the roof, demolished the hall, killed one man, and sent to the hospital 46 of the 109 present. It couldn?t happen in Australia, but it did. This firsthand report from the Watch Tower Society?s branch office in Australia reveals the horror and the tragedy of that morning, but it also underlines the thrilling determination and faith of the Witnesses there to press on in meeting together and in publishing the good news of Jehovah?s Kingdom.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I remember that our congregation had a low amount of field service hours and the finally one of the pioneer sisters got DF'd for being apostate and then everyone was talking about her being an apostate is what was hindering the holy spirit and now everyone would have lots more hours and we'd have more blessings.

• minimus
    minimus

If it's in print-----it MUST be true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit