What Are Some of Your Favorite Urban Legends About JWs???

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I forgot that one, Quotes, the Pope's sister. Of course, no one can track back where these stories every started.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Pope John Paul the Second was almost a JW because his dear sis gave him the Revelation Climax Book.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

The version about the Pope I heard was that his brother in Poland was studying with the dubs.

I heard one brother in a Public Talk tell the story of a demon-possessed stone that crawled back into a home after being thrown away.

I have heard several versions of the "sister" with the big men story.

Another urban legend not unique to JWs was the astronomer's discovery of a missing day in Earth history that could only be accounted for by the Bible's account of Joshua's battle where the sun stood still.

One elder told a tale of how a silver chain was discovered in a lump of coal. It was proof that an antedeluvian person had crafted the chain and that the jewelery had become embedded in vegetation that was turned to coal during Noah's flood.

John Denver was supposed to ask JWs to leave his concerts.

The Awake actually printed that Charles and Diana had received the book "Choosing the Best Way of Life" as a wedding gift. If anyone did receive a letter, it was a standard form reply...Chuck and Di got thousands of gifts.

3rd

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've heard several versions of the two angles protecting the JW's at the door of a boogie man who was going to do them harm but was afraid of the two big men with them.

How about the funny stories told about people's names. You heard any? One I've heard a lot is Brother Dripp and the Watchtower conductor called on Brother Dripps in the rear (of the hall). LOL

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I heard that at John Denver's concerts he would ask if there were any JW's in the audience and to please stand. Then he would play the national anthem.

That would be funny if it was true.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

-Hitler's mother was a Witness.

-A Hutu/Tutsi family was captured by the Tutsis/Hutus. The whole family was about to be slaughtered, and the young daughter asked to pray before being killed. She prayed for forgiveness for being executed, because that would mean she couldn't go out in service anymore to spread Jehovah's Word. Upon hearing this, the executioners were so moved they spared the whole famn damily!

-Frozen mammoths are proof of the Flood.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Oh but that happend to me once, I thought I was crazy, now I know I am.

Shane

• blondie
    blondie

Mungo, that story appeared in print in the WT:

A Hutu/Tutsi family was captured by the Tutsis/Hutus. The whole family was about to be slaughtered, and the young daughter asked to pray before being killed. She prayed for forgiveness for being executed, because that would mean she couldn't go out in service anymore to spread Jehovah's Word. Upon hearing this, the executioners were so moved they spared the whole famn damily!

w99 2/1 p. 12 The Great Potter and His Work ***

Young ones can be taught how to pray, and God answers their prayers. An outstanding instance of this occurred during the Rwanda massacres. When a six-year-old and her parents had been readied by rebels for execution by hand grenade, the daughter prayed loudly and fervently that they might be spared for further service to Jehovah. The would-be murderers were moved to spare them, saying, "We cannot kill you because of this little girl."?1 Peter 3:12.

• under74
    under74

*"Was told of stories of single sisters being harassed by demons that had sex with them because they had watched movies or done something basically that was connected with Satan and the occult."

*"Steven Spielberg once had dream about a demon and used it in a movie - that movie was "ET" and the alien was an exact representation of the demon that Spielberg had dreamed."

*"John Denver was supposed to ask JWs to leave his concerts."

I heard all these and other demon stories....one that had to do with wallpaper being stripped and a demon came out yadayadayada. Demonized stuff not being able to burn well...I think someone else mentioned this. Any heavy metal records could instantly bring demons especially Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, and even Kiss. Dungeons and Dragons was not just a retarded game for nerds to occupy their time, it was a deadly game that could leave you not only demonized but in a mental ward or worse a suicide statistic...the JWs that I grew up with got helped out by a movie of the week (Ithink it was) starring Tom Hanks back in the early 80s.

• minimus
    minimus

Demons don't seem to be that big a deal anymore. Now it's the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit