Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• bebu
    bebu

There is something nutty about the reply thing today...

• bebu
  • bebu
    bebu

Something is nutty about the reply and edit function today...

bebu

• bebu
    bebu

((((Mario)))

Like you said, a father's love never dies... And Talia still lives in that love. I am certain that God reveals to her how deeply you love her. She knows. She knows fully.

May you know peace today, Mario.

Beverly

• angelkins
    angelkins

bttt

• hubert
    hubert

bttt

Keeping you in our thoughts, Mario.

Hubert and family

• bebu
    bebu

Thinking of you today (again) Mario.

bebu

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Greetings Family:

During the recent holiday weekend (Memorial Day), I was invited and offered passage to visit my father's relatives in PA. I accepted under the condition I return to spend quiet time on Talia's birthday and ensure her loyal ones received copies of the newspaper announcement. Before I continue about the family trip, I again want to thank all of you for contributing and sponsoring the memorial remembrance I was able to place in the local newspaper on that day.

Many who read the memorial announcement called and offered their regrets once more and also offered continued support for Marina and I. Speaking of Marina, this past weekend we experienced a major breakthrough. Our mutual reminiscence of Talia's life has not gone particularly well, due to timing, conflicting emotions and basic age/gender differences in personality and grief management.

However, for the first time, Marina actually spent the ENTIRE weekend in my tiny little apartment, which we jokingly call the "Bat Cave". She stayed overnight on Friday and Saturday. I assisted her with some year end assignments and school projects and she assisted me in some cleaning and maintenance. We got along very well and never argued at all during the entire visit.

I talked about PA and the extended family. She talked about a new friend at school named "JON", with whom she booked an appointment to "hang at the mall" and my role was providing available transportation. I later found out that Marina considers JON her new and first boyfriend. She has not told her mother or her JW relatives.

I only asked her to be careful, trust her instincts, and remember this is only the very beginning of a long life of interacting with thousands of people and not too take things too seriously given the age group and circumstances. She agreed and understood everything. We watched some old videos and then ate leftovers (raisins & tuna). We laughed quite a bit.

Marina asked me to promise not to kill myself because then she would have to do the same if I comitted suicide. She also asked me to remember Talia's mischievous side and that Talia would certainly not take her own life if some of us had perished instead and that Talia would not hesitate to enjoy life and take advantage of things. It was a little comforting, only a little. I will continue thinking about that and wondering how things could have turned out under different circumstances.

I have also been in contact with the attorneys again and the original divorce case has been dismissed by Judge Murray of family court. That occurred this past Friday and a new case has been filed and custody is the central issue of debate. It seems the Fuller Family may be sponsoring Tonya's battle to prevent my assumption of custody. My initial instincts were obviously wrong.

I foolishly assumed that the Fullers were too embarassed to have aything to do with either of the court cases. They usually shy away and hide from exposure like most JW's and run from any public attention.

So, my eventual divorce is once again lingering, and custody of Marina is tottering. At least we are getting along and enjoying our short time on the weekends.

That is all of the latest news for now. Please accept my gratitude for all that everyone has done for us. I can't thank you enough and promise as soon as any settlement is received, I will begin small payments to reimburse all of you for having faithfully, unselfishly, and lovingly supporting us throughout a very bad winter and terrible tragedy. You are all heroes to us forever and we are your family!

MJB

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks for the update, Mario.
    You are in our thoughts often!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

((((( MARIO & MARINA )))))

My heart leaps whenever I see that you've made a post. I care about how you are and am grateful for the updates. Would be most honored if you would consider me part of your JWD family.

Best wishes always!!!

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit