I'm gettin me a couple more wives!

by gumby 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    K Big T..nuff about heads....it's called "the red part".

ROTFLMAO !!

• gumby
    gumby

You heard of the red part before????? I though I was the only one....and my dad...I heard it from him.

I have a correction to make on my math and got kicked in the arse for downin Big T's math.

365 days a year.....300 wives. That's lacking 65 women to have a new one each night. (wonder why I said night?) Anyways...I figure every three days if you didn't mess around in the tent in the evening*tries to be discreet*, you would only be horny about 30 days a year which ain't to bad. I'm figurin this on it takin 2 days to get horny. Anyways...I know what I mean, and that's all that counts.

Gumby

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

you've never heard of more than once in a day eh? Some husband you are gonna be ! pfft !!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    It was near 2am.

Btw, in countries where polygamy is openly accepted there are still folks who remain monogamous. Just because one can do something, doesn't mean that one has to

Now this thing about red bits. Here they're purple, so I'm a bit concerned for ya, buddy...
    ...I'm also getting real concerned about your Math.
    How many fingers am I holding up?
    LOL.

Andi:
    Sitting can be a problem, but not for me

Tex:
    I used to ponder the wives thang, too. That was a whole lotta weddings!
    As for big one or little one - it was the big bottle of oil, of course!!!

• gumby
    gumby

LT....your about 7 hours difference from me .

As for Polygamy, I cannot see a truely content set of wives that must share a man. I've seen some shows on the Mormons that interviewed the wives. The wives act as though the sharing of their man is just fine with them but inside.....they call each other nasty names i'm thinkin.

Do you suppose that monogamy is a conditioned thinking? In other words.....if it's a common practice in some places and it's all some know.......does it really work? Can women for example,.....be content to share their hubby?

Below are some biblical problems on the subject I found from a site.

Gen.4:19
    And Lamech took unto him two wives.
    Gen.16:1-4
    Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar. And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai. And Sarai ... gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife. And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived.
    Gen.25:6
    But unto the sons of the concubines, which Abraham had....
    Gen.26:34
    Esau ... took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite.
    Gen.28:9
    Esau .. took ... Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael ... to be his wife.
    Gen.31:17
    Then Jacob rose up, and set ... his wives upon camels.
    Ex.21:10
    If he take him another wife....
    Dt.21:15
    If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated....
    Judges 8:30
    And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.
    1 Sam.1:1-2
    Elkanah ... had two wives; the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah.
    2 Sam.12:7-8
    Thus saith the LORD God of Israel ... I gave thee ... thy master's wives....
    1 Kg.11:2-3
    Solomon ... had seven hundred wives ... and three hundred concubines.
    1 Chr.4:5
    And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
    2 Chr.11:21
    Rehoboam ... took eighteen wives, and threescore concubines.
    2 Chr.13:21
    But Abijah waxed mighty, and married fourteen wives....
    2 Chr.24:3
    Jehoiada took for him two wives....
    Mt.25:1
    Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
    1 Tim.3:2
    A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife....
    Titus 1:6-7
    If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Yup, like I say, your Math sux.
    It's five to one here. That's eight hours difference - LOL.

As for the Mormon thang, were they thinking it, or were you?

And as for those scriptures, other than the one about Bishops (Elders), where is the restriction on the Laity?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Didn't Jesus say it was due to their "hardheadedness" that God allowed this?

Are you "hardheaded" Gumby?

• gumby
    gumby

Confused....your as braindead as I am, that about divorce*acts like LT*

LT,

Mt.19:9
    Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
    Mk.10:11
    Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
    1 Cor.7:2
    Let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
    Eph.5:33
    Let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
    Gumby
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos

ROFL @ cjw...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Matt.19; Mark.10.
    Hardheartedness.

The disciples got the point, too. They felt that an inability to divorce made marrying a bad option.
    At no point was polygamy raised, though

Hence, I believe, it's an encultured thing to look down on polygamists, as if they are unfaithful. Some can do it, some cannot (and I mean on the part of the wives as well as the husbands, here). I think we probably agree that faithfulness is pretty rife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit