I'm gettin me a couple more wives!

by gumby 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby:
    Just because two can become one, does that prejudice 3 or 4 becoming one flesh?
    Surely a plurality children are "of our blood", so why disallow multiple wives?

Most of the OT is about ownership, and certainly the idea of producing lots of bastard offspring and not supporting them seems pretty poor ethics. Therefore, why not give them a legal security by allowing polygamy?

LT...I was talking about this statement of yours. Is this the common christian explanation of Polygamy and Bigamy? Do you feel this is in harmony with God's original plan for Adam and Eves offspring,....that' being of having more than one wife?

This is a new thought.....but if I wren't braindead I would think I could come up with a scripture to prove God intended one mate from the beggining. If you prove me wrong....I'm retiring for good.

*waits for one of the brainy bastards to bail him out*

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

* j8ust remekmbered one*

"And the TWO will become one flesh".

*stinks tongue out real far at LT that thinks he's brainy bastard*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hey, I'm no brainy b*st*rd, I'm just giving ya some cheek

You're correct in saying that Jesus said that the two will become one flesh, and that he uses the example of Adam and Eve. The discussion was about divorce, though, and on that pretense a few Christians have excused their polygamous culture.

The only other place that I recall is in reference to Elders being husbands of one wife, which seems to indicate that polygamy occured in Paul's day even in the Christian church, albeit it was frowned on by him. He never attacks polygamy per se, though. Just adultery and fornication...
    ...oh, and incest and homosexuality.
    Did he mention bestiality??
    I don't recall.

• gumby
    gumby

LT....I'm thinkin both you and I are spiritual rusty heathens!

If we read NT bible passages we notice family head even other than those in official positions....such as Jesus father Joshep,.....had only one wife. Can you think of a few?

BTW....what time is it were you are right now?

Gumby

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Hey, I'm no brainy b*st*rd, I'm just giving ya some cheek

Be careful where you show those cheeks dear! Ya might get a bit windchapped!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Gumbastard-- more wifes .........you need your freakin head examined!

----------Hill ( i got a couple of ex-es your welcome too best pal class)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

GUMBLY YA OLE FART.

WHY DIDN'T YOU DRIFT INTO MY LIFE ABOUT 40 YRS AGO??

I COULDA USED ALL THIS INFORMATION ON WIVES & FORNICATION & ADULTRY & CONCUBINES.

ITS IN THE BIBLE BUT THE OL FARTS AT BETHEL WERE TOO BUSY PAWIN EACH OTHER

TO PUT IT IN THE AWAKE RAG.

BTW, STAY OUTA UTAH, THEY'R STARTIN TO CLAMP DOWN ON THIS MORE THAN ONE OLE LADY THING.

YA SEE THEY'R MARRYIN 15 YR OLDS AND ALL THE BIBLE STORIES AIN'T IMPRESSIN THE STATE PROSECUTORS. CLOSE MINDED BUNCH AIN'T THEY??

Outoftheorg

• gumby
    gumby
    CLOSE MINDED BUNCH AIN'T THEY??

LMAO....I ain't saying nuthin!

Hey ya bastard....I'm only 50...how old are you?

Gumby

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    ....I'm only 50..

well,l if you are serious about this multiple wives thing then I'm going to buy more Pfizer stock !!

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbigamist Bastard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit