I'm gettin me a couple more wives!

by gumby 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Leviticus 21 13 " 'The woman he marries must be a virgin. 14 He must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, or a woman defiled by prostitution, but only a virgin from his own people, 15 so he will not defile his offspring among his people. I am the LORD , who makes him holy. [1] ' "

Deuteronomy 22

Marriage Violations
    13 If a man takes a wife and, after lying with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, "I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity," 15 then the girl's father and mother shall bring proof that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate.

How the hell are the parents supposed to prove she was a virgin??

• kls
    kls

Even the teachings in the Bible are anti female. Why can't women have multi husbands i think that would be great, they go out to work everyday and i sit and count the money.,,,,lol

• Sassy
    Sassy

ok, you all know the real reason why he didn't step in an say that there would be no more than one wife at a time don't ya?

that queen bee issue thing.. eventually it is survival of the fittest.. and one woman kills them all..

OR.. they drive the man so crazy he realizes on his own One is MORE than enough...

so see.. in time man would figure out the wisdom without much need for reinforcement..

• jgnat
    jgnat

When my daughter married in to her African family, they were happy to explain to me the cultural advantages of multiple wives. The way they run it back home, first wife runs the show. She assigns the household duties, and sets the bedroom schedule. Now, think about this for a moment, ladies. You have a few subordinates to hand out the chores to, AND you decide what night the hubby comes to bed with you. The rest of the time you have peace and quiet. I started to entertain the possibilities, and I have to admit, it is a pretty cool system! I wonder, however, if there are many men who could handle the strain.

The trick is to be number one wife.

• Sassy
    Sassy

that still wouldn't work with me, they could do other chores, like CLEAN.. but, I still want a man in my bed daily....

• Balsam
    Balsam

Good Grief, can you imagine being bossed around by more than one woman at a time. I'm a woman and I say one woman is bad enough. I've got two sons and would feel nothing but sorry for them if they thought they needed more than one gal at a time. LOL Can only be a bad deal for the guys. Even lots of sex wouldn't make up for the grief. LOL

• gumby
    gumby
    Even the teachings in the Bible are anti female. Why can't women have multi husbands i think that would be great, they go out to work everyday and i sit and count the money.,,,,lol

Good catch For the same reason every single child that came from a bible hero was a male. Everytime. The Jewish men and writers of the O.T. were like Mormons. Screw, have kids, brag about your great sons. They were also slimmy bigamist because THEY were gods chosen people......just ask them or read their holy book. ( talkin bout bible days....no I don't hate jewish people) Shotgun, you made some intresting comments with scriptures. I'd forgot some of those laws. Poor jewish women who were not virgins eh? They weren't wanted. LT, your idea's didn't fit with gods laws on adultry....unless you feel jesus words meant you could have multiple wives....just don't be pokin someone who isn't one of your wifes. Or was you funnin me? Preston......come again? Xena......maybe we can find us a religious group who follows your ideas....I likes it!Stepher.....you woulda kicked them hebrews in the nutsacks had you lived back then. I still haven't heard a good argument for the justification of this practice from a biblical perspective......wher'es all the bible nerds? *promises he started this thread will no ill intent, only curiousity* Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumlonghorn

So you're getting a couple more sheep?

S

• gumby
    gumby
    So you're getting a couple more sheep?

That's right partner....I gonna become a damn sheephearder*talks in John Wayne voice*

I'm thinkin maybe these dang bible stories were bout men and sheep and not real ladies.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Steph:They parents got the bloody bedclothes from the wedding night as a present to keep against that eventuality

jgnat:That was also the way in ancient Japan, too.
    It's a completely different culture from what we're used to in the West, but it reduced cheating, and everyone knew where they stood.

Gumby:No, I wasn't joking, that's how it worked.
    If you marry the girl before you have sex with her then it's neither adultery or fornication.
    Adultery is having sex with another persons spouse, right?
    Fornication is having sex with someone not your spouse, right?
    Ergo, marry everyone you want to have sex with...
    ...just not outside of Utah

Oh, and just for you: Song of Solomon 4:1 "...thy hair is like a flock of goats..."

They were obsessed, I tell ya!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit