I'm gettin me a couple more wives!

by gumby 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shotgun:Even worse, they carved their newspapers in stone.
    Imagine being a paperboy!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Kat:

And hey what better way use a male who has a almost unexhaustable ability to reproduce with as many women( who get tired of being pregnant and giving birth over and over again) as possible.

When did you meet Gumby??
    FMZ would corroborate your statement!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...oops - forgot the sheep:

• gumby
    gumby

Hey you early risers.....thanks for jumping in on this.

Actually, I really do want to do some research on this to see exactly how god justified allowing this. I realise Jesus said it was allowed out of the jews "hardheartedness" and Moses made a concession to it, but I've never known god to allow sin that goes against his arrangement...other than allow some mentioned in the bible to live after commiting death worthy sins.

God brings man and woman together and says 'they shall be one flesh', then allows Polygamy, Bigamy, and Concubines..........it's never made sense to me even from a biblical perspective.

LT, Shotgun, RM..........you guys KNOW you envied Solomon.....admit it you bastards! It wasn't like he had to take them all shopping ya know? He prolly just went into their tent for 15 minutes or so and then went to the next wife. I wonder if the had A&D ointment back then for sore dingers?

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:Is a man one half of a "one-flesh" arrangement, or the stalk of the pomegranate-type-flesh-pot?
    Just because two can become one, does that prejudice 3 or 4 becoming one flesh?
    Surely a plurality children are "of our blood", so why disallow multiple wives?

Most of the OT is about ownership, and certainly the idea of producing lots of bastard offspring and not supporting them seems pretty poor ethics. Therefore, why not give them a legal security by allowing polygamy?

The concession that was made for the Jews was regarding divorce, not marriage

LT of the "jealous of Solomon" and "I've looked into this" classes

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I don't think I could handle multiple nagging wives. The novelty would soon wear off and I'd spend the majority of my life drunk in some bar.

Walter

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...or sit on the corner of a dripping roof?

Just make sure you don't have any power tools up there with ya. Besides electric shocks, it's easy to impale yourself, allegedly

• shotgun
    shotgun
    I've never known god to allow sin that goes against his arrangement...other than allow some mentioned in the bible to live after commiting death worthy sins.

Are you sure about what the bible says about sin, the surrounding nations must have considered them to be sinners for sure with their screwed up moral reasoning.

I think the only thing they got right was taking a dump outside the City, not sure why they used a stick to wipe their bum instead of an Olive branch tho.

Exodus 22

Social Responsibility
    16 "If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife. 17 If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he must still pay the bride-price for virgins.

Leviticus 21
    13 " 'The woman he marries must be a virgin. 14 He must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, or a woman defiled by prostitution, but only a virgin from his own people, 15 so he will not defile his offspring among his people. I am the LORD , who makes him holy. [1] ' "

Deuteronomy 22

Marriage Violations
    13 If a man takes a wife and, after lying with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, "I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity," 15 then the girl's father and mother shall bring proof that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate.

In the case of Lot this was easy because he knew his daughters slept around and could vouch for them.

Deuteronomy 22 27 for the man found the girl out in the country, and though the betrothed girl screamed, there was no one to rescue her.
    28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. [1] He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Fifty shekels was the fine for rape.

Judges 21
    So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11 "This is what you are to do," they said. "Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin." 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at in .

In short, murder of women and children ok but save the virgins…praise Jah you people.

Ezekiel 44
    No priest is to drink wine when he enters the inner court. 22 They must not marry widows or divorced women; they may marry only virgins of Israelite descent or widows of priests. 23 They are to teach my people the difference between the holy and the common and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.

This law was for the Priests to follow…do you suppose a Priest wrote it?

• Preston
    Preston

Unfortunately Gumby...you're a Gumby, and our current laws state marriage is between a man and a woman...

• Xena
    Xena

Preston if you start allowing claymation to marry who knows where it will end????

I still stand by my personal reasoning that the person who can achieve multiple orgasms multiple times gets to have multiple spouses and/or partners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit