Does the Bible scare anyone else here sometimes?

by missy04 126 Replies latest watchtower bible

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Little Toe:

I think you know the answer to that as well as I do, remembering a bit of your background. Instead of me going on and on, we could all read up on 'Paradise' in the Reasoning book, starting on page 284.

afin

• gumby
    gumby
    we could all read up on 'Paradise' in the Reasoning book, starting on page 284.

Yeah....that way we could all be in "unity" in our conclusions on the matter.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

We could all do that, especially if we had our library to hand (which I don't), but I asked you for an opinion, not a reference to a book whose authority I have no respect for.
    The Reasoning book" isn't even a half decent subordinate standard to the bible, so why refer to it like it's inspired?

I have no desire to presume on what you believe, and so would love to hear you answer "in your own words", instead of reading what's been underlined.

• gumby
    gumby

* LT gets all grumpy and stuff*

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

AFIN, this is my take on the bible.

The Old Testament is nothing but a collection of fables. The New Testament is an encounter with an Extraterrestrial life form (Jesus). If you apply this to the New Testament, it all makes much more sense. The pregnant virgin (who says ETs need to have sex to have a baby), the star (light from a spaceship), the ability to heal, the resurrection, it all makes sense if you see Jesus as an Extraterrestrial.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Little Toe:

I don't look to the Reasoning book as an inspired book. Those are your words. I look to it as a guide to understanding the scriptures. The reason I suggested we get our answer there to your question is that it is a reference we are both familliar with.

As for my own opinion (not from the underlined text), Jesus was giving the dying man hope for a future.

afin

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Naww not Grumpy - Happy - Hi-hooooooo!

I just find it ironic when someone flaunts in here thinking they know it all, and dogmatically asserting a position that is foundless in their experience.
    It appears that the dude hasn't got a clue about bible translation or New Testament history, such as Leo (et al) are encouraging him to consider. All he has is some dubious faith in some faceless (AKA Fred Franz, and a couple of others of dubious knowledge) translators, which he places on a par with his faith in God.

Me, I know a-nuthin'

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

AFIN:
    Sorry dude, but you've not anywhere near answered my simple questions.

So when would Jesus be in paradise with the "robber"?
    He gave up a physical body to go to heaven, didn't he?
  • gumby
    gumby
    It appears that the dude hasn't got a clue about bible translation or New Testament history, such as Leo (et al) are encouraging him to consider. All he has is some dubious faith in some faceless (AKA Fred Franz, and a couple of others of dubious knowledge) translators, which he places on a par with his faith in God.

So, then, your saying he's just like we were before we got out?

Gumby

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Little Toe:

In reference to your reply to Gumby, I CAN read other posts. If that's your opinion of me, and I've done nothing to insult you, forget it. You don't want honest dialog, you want to make yourself look good. Well, keep trying!

afin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit