Does the Bible scare anyone else here sometimes?

by missy04 126 Replies latest watchtower bible

• missy04
    missy04

Repeating myself:

A Friend In need:

I still attend some meetings, and "shouldn't" be on this site posting or even reading, I'm sure. But then I wouldn't be considered good association, either.

Why are you here? Aren't we apostates?

• jgnat
    jgnat

AFIN, I am going to make a big leap here, and assume that you allow the GB some imperfection, as they are mere men. You have then attributed the same faith you give God to imperfect men?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

jgnat:

I don't attribute my faith to men (GB). They are used by God through his holy spirit to dispense God's will. Therefore my faith is totally in God.

Missy:

We all have choices and the freedom to act as we see fit. I'm doing as I see fit. An apostate is one who speaks or acts contrary to the scriptures after having accurate knowlege. Maybe I am guilty by association, I don't know.

afin

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    That is because I have full faith that they are the true representatives of God and Christ Jesus.

My big question is, why do Extraterrestrials need representatives? It's also difficult to refer to these representatives as men in black when they wear polyester blue, brown, beige, etc. Personally, I think Extraterrestrials should be able to speak for themselves, just like Jesus did (even though he was only human physically). He didn't need any men in black to dictate what he was saying or doing. He did it all himself.

Your men in black theory doesn't work very well. The Governing Body will tell you that they are inspired by the Extraterrestrials, but we've never seen a Governing Body member actually have a conversation with the ETs, nor have we ever seen any pictures of them with the ETs. The only way they could have any credit is if they were in fact ETs themselves, but they have admitted they are not. They are imperfect humans who say they have association with ETs.

Personally, I can't see why ETs would want to bring on Armageddon on Earth since we aren't in competition with them. Why would there be a war of Humans vs ETs?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

A friend in need,

I don't attribute my faith to men (GB). They are used by God through his holy spirit to dispense God's will. Therefore my faith is totally in God.

uh ??? ... who told you that ? ... the GB ... What do you think there gonna say ?... "No we are talking for ourselves to screw you. You can wait for that it will not happen ...

We all have choices and the freedom to act as we see fit. I'm doing as I see fit. An apostate is one who speaks or acts contrary to the scriptures after having accurate knowlege. Maybe I am guilty by association, I don't know.

Well you are guilty of talking and questionning ... well check the bible, it doesn't say to follow anything blindly : (check 1 thesa chapt 5 : 21 and while you are their check the 22th) and get a clue in what kind of organisation you believe ...

So Actually the GB find ways to make you feel bad when your doing what "the God from the bible" says to do.

So Now where and how are you gonna inquiering ? in asking the answers to the GB ? ... so again : What do you think there gonna answer to you ?... We are wrong, we are screwing you ... ... and you like it, and you want more ... ... now we will count from 5 to 0 you will wake up and still won't get it and buy or books for yourself and for the sheeps when you pionneering ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... 0

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Missy - Thank you for posting a very good question. One I'm sure troubles many who examine the Bible. I'd also like to apologize that your thread has been hijacked - although some very good points have been made - and we have a very good example of blind submission to an organization.

Yes, I also am frightened at times when I read the Bible - mostly the OT. God in the OT is just plain mean. Sorry if that offends anyone but come on - He killed Lots wife for looking back on her burning home, family, friends, keepsakes and pets. Why not have pity on her grief process? I have hundreds of other similar questions. Ananias and his wife were killed instantly for greed. Who among us (JW's included) have never been guilty of a moment of greed?

So I'm not sure what the answer is. I do read the bible - mostly to clear up all the religious abuse I suffered and to see for myself what the bible says - without added distortions or mental gymnastics. I do appreciate Christ's words - He was very kind, loving and non-judgemental. I wonder what he will say when it comes time to judge people who blindly follow - and blame their beliefs and actions on their religious leaders?

I do also pray and feel confident that my prayers are answered. I also think its important to realize that as JW's (as is true in other cults) we have been subjected to phobias.. So it makes sense that you are filled with fear --- Please keep reading - I do believe in a God of Love.

My best to you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bubbamar, that is an excellent reply. You reminded me of when I was young, when I first investigated Christianity. I trusted Jesus more than all the other characters in the bible, so I got myself a red letter version and just read his words. Maybe something similar will help you, missy. By the way, missy, you have a natural skepticism about you that I find very refreshing. I am confident you will find fruit at the end of your search

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

AFIN:

I admire your willingness to debate the issue, I've read your responses and have to assume you are sincere in what you state, but I'd have to say:

(GB). They are used by God through his holy spirit to dispense God's will.

As a bible believing christian, which you claim to be, can you show how your statement is biblically correct? Can you show why God needs to have a few aged men in Brooklyn dispense holy spirit for Him? This is not meant to be belligerent but a sincere attempt to reason on the statement.

These other comments from you appear contradictory:

my faith IS totally in the bible (NWT)
    My belief in the society is strong enough that if they see fit to change a belief, I would agree.
    That is because I have full faith that they are the true representatives of God and Christ Jesus.

What is your faith centered on? Christian faith is not in any person or organisation but in knowing God. Do you know Him?

Be in no doubt about this: the WTS have usurped the position of Christ who, alone, is our mediator. The WTS can never take his place, yet sadly, that is the position that so many find themselves in. Many of us did too.

Cheers, Ozzie

• toreador
  • a friend in need
    a friend in need

ozziepost:

I appreciate your sincere attempt to reason on the issues. There really isn't a lot more to say. You are very familiar with my beliefs. I believe the F&DS class are used by Jehovah.

Yes, I know Jehovah. I know him through his word, the bible. The WTS has not usurped any position. They allow themselves to be used and guided by Jehovah.

afin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit