Does the Bible scare anyone else here sometimes?

by missy04 126 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    You COULD return to the society someday but the likelyhood is quite small.

...because once you discover what a normal, healthy life is like, you'd have to be insane to want to throw it away!

SNG

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

You all sound like a group of very nice people. I did not come on here to argue scriptures. Most of you are as familiar with the bible as I am. We can agree to disagree. My worry is that Missy will make a huge mistake, one she could very much regret in the future. My hope for her is to be sure of all her options now. Wishing everyone the best,

afin

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    You all sound like a group of very nice people.

It is very unusual for a JW to come on this message board and say this. Thank you for seeing through the "Apostate" label, AFIN.

• missy04
    missy04

Yah, I think everybody here is really cool, too.

I don't think that I will regret not going to any more meetings..I just don't beleive in it, and I really can't accomplish anything big with having to be here for three meetings a week..I want to work with my sister in her construction cleanup business, and she lives an hour and a half away. If I beleived in this, I could do it. But I don't beleive in it, and so I just can't.

I am giving myself a few days as my deadline to get a little bit of guts and tell them what's on my mind.

****SCARED!!!****

But I gotta do it....I'm such a wussie.....uggers.

Sarah (missy is just a nickname)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    My worry is that Missy will make a huge mistake, one she could very much regret in the future.

That's my worry too - I have met a couple of people, corresponded with dozens more on this database, and have a distinct impression that the numbers get into the thousands... WHEN you think about all the false predictions made by the WT, and the fact that by making the choice to pursue the Witness life millions of people have made decisions to

1.) not pursue higher education

2.) work part time during years normally associated with entry level jobs

3.) avoid military service, running for office, or joining the PTA

4.) reduce working hours and scrimp on saving for retirement

5.) avoid involvement with their communities (as to building genuine relationships with their neighbors)

These five are but a handful of decisions, BAD decisions, that have ruined the lives of countless people. These are decisions that the WT has implicitly encouraged or directed should be made. I know many people who have regretted their choices to serve the Watchtower. I have never yet met anybody who died at Armageddon.

The REAL bad decision is to become a Witness, especially when you are young and have options.

CZAR

• missy04
    missy04

Yah...I could tell u a long list of things I have missed out on in the last 8 or 9 months, CZAR

• gumby
    gumby
    I am giving myself a few days as my deadline to get a little bit of guts and tell them what's on my mind.

Missy.....you might want to go over some old threads on this subject of 'how you leave the Organisation'. There are some bad ways to leave and some smart ways to leave. If you let them know what's on your mind ....are you prepared to face the consequences of being DFed and lose family and friends? You can leave without suffering those consequences if you leave in the right manner.

Gumby

• missy04
    missy04

Gumby,

well if there is a better way to leave, I'd like to do that. I wouldn't be disfellowshipped because I am not baptized or anything yet. I'll read up on some of the posts like u said.

Sarah

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

The bible itself does not scare me, anymore than a Scandinavian legend of Giants.

What scares me is the people who take the bible and formulate beliefs for themselves and then try and reflect/inflict those beliefs upon the rest of us. Their actions prove that they don't believe them either, but others still get harmed in the process. So, is it just an excuse to be vicious and crude? I think it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit