Does the Bible scare anyone else here sometimes?

by missy04 126 Replies latest watchtower bible

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

psuedo:

In Sherry's comments( paragraph 4), above mine, is what I'm refering to. She felt that Jesus was saying that they would be in paradise that day.

afin

• Satanus
    Satanus

Um yeah, it does scare me a bit what american fundamentalist christians and israel are doing w the bible. Lots of spilled blood and oppression because of the combination.

Nistory of the bible, as czar and leolaia stated above. So basically, the catholic church chose what went into the bible, and the catholic church came about as a result of the guys that constantine chose to favor. 'Course, most of it was basically stolen from the jews, as a piece of jewish culture absconded and foisted onto the whole of europe as a controling mechanism. Later, it was dragged over to here, north america, the new world.

S

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Afin, there were NO COMMAS in the writings at that time. Those were added in later by men who were trying to prove their particular agenda by the liberal use of and decision of WHERE to put those commas!

(in all due respect to your beliefs).. and, it really doesn't matter what his crime was, seems the punishment was death.

Sherry

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Sherry:

You are welcome to believe your own version of the way the scriptures are written. I was just showing how it is written in the bible.

afin

• avishai
    avishai
    Um yeah, it does scare me a bit what american fundamentalist christians and israel are doing w the bible

Don't forget that islam also springs from Judaism and Xtianity.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

afin,

In Sherry's comments( paragraph 4), above mine, is what I'm refering to. She felt that Jesus was saying that they would be in paradise that day.

Yes, that is how I understood your reference.

" amen legw soi " or " amen leqw umin " ( "Truly I tell you," or "Truly I tell YOU,") was a common idiom used by Jesus. If you will notice this phrase appears well over 60 times in the NWT. The Translators of the NWT chose to include the word "today" with the idiom in Luke 23:43. My question still stands: Why would Jesus find it necessary to change the idiom and stress that he was telling the criminal something on that "day"?

pseudo

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

psuedo:

I don't claim to be any expert but could it be that that was the last day he could tell them anything as a human creature on earth?

afin

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

afin,

There is really no need for Jesus to stress that he was telling this to the criminal on that "day". It's not like it was a casual conversation that they could resume on some other "day".

pseudo

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

psuedo:

I'll give you a 'for instance'. Tonight, I am posting on this site. Does that mean there is some deep, mysterious reason I used the word tonight? I used a comma too.

afin

• Jez
    Jez

A friend in need said, Jez "Do the names Ruth and Ester sound familiar?"

Maybe if you look in the Table of the Books of the Bible and check under WRITERS you will notice that Ruth and Ester are not listed as bible writers. So I don't know what the hell you are talking about but the bible IS from a totally male point of view.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit