Still Demonstrating/Prostesting at the KH and Support is Growing

by Corvin 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Corvin, whatever helps your girls be safe and heal is a good thing in my book. But chalk me up as concerned too about the picketing. (And I'm from the northwest where someone is ALWAYS picketing something.) I would suggest that you watch your conduct VERY carefully (like the shouting "loud enough to be heard inside the Hall") because it would be an easy task for the elders to get 20-30 people to show up and testify to you screaming abusively and irrationally--in their opinion, theocratic warfare strategy. That could hurt your case.

Perhaps if you intend to do the picketing you could continue video-taping the protest? And tone down your personal volume-- your presence says everything that needs to be said. And especially, I am concerned about what advice your attorney gives you about continuing the picketing.

That being said, I do believe that you in no way want to jeopardize your custody fight. And if it were endangering that, you would postpone your picketing efforts until you had gained full custody.

And also, for the record, I think you are right, even if I'm worried about your timing. If many Halls across America had pickets happening outside their doors on Sundays, the WTS would be forced to make some policy changes.

Odrade

• reganashe
    reganashe

Corvin,

You are in El Cajon?????? What hall are you talking about? I grew up in Spring Valley and spent lots of time at El Cajon Kingdom hall. I will be in El Cajon this weekend. I would love to see you in action.

Jasmin

• Corvin
    Corvin
    You are in El Cajon?????? What hall are you talking about? I grew up in Spring Valley and spent lots of time at El Cajon Kingdom hall. I will be in El Cajon this weekend. I would love to see you in action.

Jasmin

Jasmine, I am talking about the Claydell Hall on Claydell Street. Valley Congregation.

email me before you come, there are certain guidelines we must go by to avoid legal problems, and I will explain.

[email protected]

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

A true Child Advocate is tough for opposers to deal with. Things like picketing and public speaking disturb people, especially those who want the advocates to lay down and shut up.

I was angry too, when I went into this (although I spoke in front of disgruntled school board administrators)---angry at the injustice, insensitivity and apathy of those who "knew better", as well as the ignorance of those who didn't know what was going on behind the scenes.

The feeling I think best could be called righteous anger, or indignancy---from the failure of those to do what they SHOULD have been doing all along. Bringing it to the attention of those who truly DON'T know all sides is always difficult---but needs to be done!

I think the timing is good, as there is some litigation involving the WTS in Napa County which will be helpful in the "eye-opening" of those in that area. The JWs AND the regular public should be made aware of the ludicrous way that abuse is (is not) handled by the WTS, and SOMEONE has to take the reins and make a stand! Sometimes it TAKES a nudge and a cattle prod to get some action to make necessary changes.

WE know that Corvin isn't a "nutjob" or a publicity seeker for his own concerns, but someone who has experienced the horrors of the WTS on a personal level---who BETTER to do something to make people sit up and take notice of what the WTS tries so hard to defend and cover up?

Hopefully, some of the JWs will take these things to heart and that Jehovah just might BE "taking care of it" by exposing these religious frauds for what they are! Whatever the case---what's right is right---and what's wrong is loathsome and also illegal!

YOU GO CORVIN!

hugs,

Annie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Corvin , I have followed your story as much as I can and I do hope that your other daughter is coming on OK.

I admire what you do, Godammit I would love to do it myself. Your hope must be to find someone that is on the fringes and willing to search the net to read silentlambs . Unfortunately, the established dubs just love persecution (as they see it) It is all the WT prophecies coming true and they feel vindicated.. So I do wonder as to the real effect of the protest. If it were me I think I would try a softly one to conversational approach , like the street work . But you never know. If one person stopped their study, then it is worth it

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Hopefully, some of the JWs will take these things to heart and that Jehovah just might BE "taking care of it" by exposing these religious frauds for what they are! Whatever the case---what's right is right---and what's wrong is loathsome and also illegal!

Thank you Annie.

Sincerely

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Let the JWs revel in their "persecution" all they want... at least your children will be safe.

It's like ants running around their anthill protesting the lawnmower you just rolled over them.

What do you care if they are crying "persecution" amonst themselves? All that matters is that the Truth will come out in the public record!

• SAHS
    SAHS

?Corvin?:

I admire your motivation and tenacity. You can be sure that it will give many folks at the KHs something to think about. It would be satisfying for all of us to know that the situation finally worked out amicably for you and your children.

Just make sure that you know what the legal boundaries and ramifications are for any decisions you make. I?m certainly not knowledgeable about the functioning and strategy of law, but if you have any such doubt or concern regarding a particular course of action, I would run it by a legal professional whom you trust beforehand. It seems that the only way a person can be successful in these types of situations involving the justice system is to make sure to always play by its rules.

I?m sure that you have no doubt already taken the legal possibilities and ramifications into account so as to work with the best strategy possible, as you seem to be a fairly intelligent man. Just make sure that you get whatever information and advice you need to give you that effective edge.

If I weren?t in the situation I?m in now (still stuck with a JW family before I can manage to make my ?run for it?), I would love to come over there and lend a hand with the ?sign department.? In any event, you do what you need to do. Don?t worry about any undiscerning posts here (very few)?chances are, they?ve never been in your predicament. Good luck, eh.

?SAHS

• avishai
    avishai

I don't feel Corvin attacked navigator at all. Disagreed? Yes. I also don't buy the whole "Heavenly forgiveness" thing, and disagree. If the god of the bible exists, hell, I have'nt even forgiven HIM yet. Not when you see what gets done to kids in my field. (see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/53136/1.ashx) I also don't buy the whole "This is just projection" thing, and frankly, if I did'nt understand that navigators post came from the kindest of intentions, I'd be pissed and insulted by that, too. Being angry because I had to wake up to my brother, my 4 year old brother wake up screaming because he'd been threatened with death and molested and had it covered up IS NOT PROJECTION!!!! I HAVE NO FRAME OF REFERENCE FOR "unconscious guilt" WHEN IT COMES TO MOLESTATION AND CHILD ABUSE!!!

Corvin souds like he has his bases covered when it comes to legality. I'd like to join him personally. I'm looking into bus tix.

• bisous
    bisous

((((( Corvin )))))

I wish you nothing but the best of outcomes in this pursuit. While picketing is a long recognized form of protest in the US, family courts (as I'm certain you are painfully aware) can vary in the tenor of their attitudes....from more liberal to ultra-conservative....from pro-mother to pro-father to pro-child, dependent upon the judge.

I hope that you have considered all the possible outcomes and ramifications of your actions and that they in no way impede your primary goal of securing freedom from abuse for your kids. Erring on the side of caution in the short term may be a bitter pill to swallow ... but the right course of medicine given your desired result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit