Still Demonstrating/Prostesting at the KH and Support is Growing

by Corvin 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

We laid low for a week from picketing the Kingdom Hall. I wanted to see how things would go with the emergency hearing before I continued.

Because of the pending restraining order Sara applied for, I cannot go within 100 yards of her or her husband, Mark. Because of the judge's "no contact" order, I cannot let the kids go and demonstrate at her Kingdom Hall for it might be in violation of that order.

Elizabeth approached me last night and asked if she could go back to the KH and picket again. She has her dad's audacity apparently, and she is still pissed at her mom, stepdad and the elders. So I figure, sure, why not? This seems to be bringing her out of her shell and helping her to find her voice and assertiveness, melting away the fear she has been under. I told her the only thing is that she could not go to her mom's KH to demonstrate, that we would have to go up the street (2 blocks) to the other KH. We know most of the JW's there, so it would be good to spread the message. She only wanted to her mom's KH to protest, so she opted out until she was able to go where she preferred.

Meanwhile, my oldest daughter, Elese and her boyfriend, Mike (remind me to tell you the "Mike Story") were set to go with me to the other KH this evening. Mary and Susan went to Sara's KH. Mary's daughter, Crystal and her cousin Austin showed up to pitch in. Mary's ex-husband, Ron (a 7th day adventist) is now interested in what we're doing and is expressing interest in joining us. I sent Crystal home to her dad's with a summary to bring him upto speed. Ron is very active in his church and heads youth groups. It is very possible that he might bring others from his church on board to support us. The support from everyone is overwhelming and so freaking inspiring I could cry.

While standing at the entrance of the other KH where I know just about everyone who attends there, one by one they came pulling past my sign which read: "STOP JEHOVAH'S WITNESS CHILD ABUSE. SILENTLAMBS.ORG". The very same presiding overseer who has known me since I was a young boy, who also told me recently I could be reinstated in just a couple months eased past me with such an arrogant contemptuous smirk, as did his wife, that I could have spit on their vehicle. Another brother smirked and laughed as he went by into the parking lot. When he exited his car, I asked him, "Brother, tell me something. Do you think child abuse is funny? Do you think teen suicided is funny?"

He responded, "yeah, cuz it's a lie".

I shot back with God's own angry voice, "I- DON'T- LIE-!" That stupid smile suddenly dissapeared from his face. (I do that to people, sometimes)

Just then, a sister who I did not know came striding out of the Kingdom Hall yelling at me, "It's ALL lies!"

I held up my sign and point to it and said, "How would like to see documentation?"

She shut up.

Once again I repeated loud enough for them to hear me inside the KH, "I- DON'T- LIE!" Nobody said another word after that.

A very very hispanic JW woman approached Mike and asked in heavily accented broken english what he was "advertising". Mike laughed and said it was something her church practiced on a daily basis. She tried witnessing to him and Mike was dumbfounded at her stupidity.

I just thought I would give you guys a little something to chuckle about.

More later,

Corvin

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Corvin, you know at least some of those jws have doubts loud enough for your protest to bolster. Keep it up. Maybe you'll start a movement. It takes a lot of guts to do what you are doing. But the love of children can do that, give you extraordinary guts.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

All I can say is wow! Perhaps you will shake some from their complacency. And it sounds like your girls are going to have no problems in the assertiveness department. Incredible story.

SNG

• Navigator
    Navigator

Corvin

While a part of me rejoices that you are shaking the complacency of the JWs, I must tell you that what you are doing will be ultimately unsatisfactory to you personally. There is a line in A Course in Miracles that goes "that which you defend against you make real to your own mind." The only way out is to forgive them. Not the kind of forgiveness that the JWs teach, the overlooking of an imagined wrong, but the kind that realizes that the perfect child of God that you are is untouched by anything that has occured on this plane of existence. Jesus warned us not to judge others "lest we be judged". The reason is that we humans tend to project our own unconscious guilt onto others. How can we recognize the flaws in others unless those same flaws exist within ourselves? I understand that we have to live in "this world" and you should do whatever it takes to protect your loved ones from harm on this level. But don't let it get to you personally. Keep your cool! The JWs have chosen to put on blinders about what is going on in their organization. My father used to say "Don't expend effort trying to teach a pig to sing". "It wastes your time and annoys the pig". It is all a movie script anyway in which we have chosen to play the leading parts. It is a trick of our ego selves to convince us that we are mere bodies and distract us from remembering our true home in heaven. You can't be at peace while you are carrying on this battle. Remember the words of Jesus as he was hanging on the cross, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do".

• Corvin
    Corvin
    While a part of me rejoices that you are shaking the complacency of the JWs, I must tell you that what you are doing will be ultimately unsatisfactory to you personally. There is a line in A Course in Miracles that goes "that which you defend against you make real to your own mind." The only way out is to forgive them. Not the kind of forgiveness that the JWs teach, the overlooking of an imagined wrong, but the kind that realizes that the perfect child of God that you are is untouched by anything that has occured on this plane of existence. Jesus warned us not to judge others "lest we be judged". The reason is that we humans tend to project our own unconscious guilt onto others. How can we recognize the flaws in others unless those same flaws exist within ourselves? I understand that we have to live in "this world" and you should do whatever it takes to protect your loved ones from harm on this level. But don't let it get to you personally. Keep your cool! The JWs have chosen to put on blinders about what is going on in their organization. My father used to say "Don't expend effort trying to teach a pig to sing". "It wastes your time and annoys the pig". It is all a movie script anyway in which we have chosen to play the leading parts. It is a trick of our ego selves to convince us that we are mere bodies and distract us from remembering our true home in heaven. You can't be at peace while you are carrying on this battle. Remember the words of Jesus as he was hanging on the cross, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do".

Forgive me, but, this is not a movie script, and I know a little something about projecting guilt for I have had it projected on me since birth.

Let me make this perfectly clear to you, whoever you are. I want peace. I do not want a battle. I want to get as far away from these nutjobs as I possibly can. If you have not read my previous threads I suggest you go back and do so. I am not doing this for personal satisfaction and I expect to get none. I am fighting for my children's lives. I am fighting against the most evil personage I have ever known backed by those with the blinders on as you say. Your philosophical-psycho babble is so far from the point I could vomit. We are talking about a mother that is so f0cked up that she would sacrefice her own daughter to suicide before she would allow them their own freedom to choose anything different than what she believes.

Let me make this perfectly clear. If God exists, he will not come down and do a damn thing for me or my kids unless I am taking decisive action toward protecting and saving them. I am told he will then, maybe, do the rest. If you are suggesting I am pointing my finger only to have three more on the same hand pointing right back at me, you can kiss my butt. These people have no love or conscience. A beloved dog who has contracted rabies is not petable or forgivable. Forgiveness is not the point. That dog, as loving and loyal as it once was to you, as much a soul as you or I, is about to tear your ass up and not give a crap. It doesn't know or care you were once loyal companions. The only thing you can do is hit the damn rabid dog over the head with a shovel before it destroys you. You worry about forgiveness once the mad dog is put down. You grieve once you are safe from the harm that dog would have caused you.

I have sat on my hands long enough and I hadn't a care to do what I am doing now until they f2cked with my kids without regard to their happiness, mental health or welfare. I will not stop or rest until my kids are safe from this evil cult of rabid dogs. Got it?

Thank you for your concern, but yours is hardly the voice of reason and reality. You want to help? Get your butt over here and pick up a sign.

"Pig" is the right term for those I am dealing with. I don't want to teach them to sing, I want to figuratively hit the sons-o-bitches over the head with a shovel before they devour or infect my family. You seem to be missing my strategy here. I won't explain it in this case.

It must be nice living in your head with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Corvin

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Corvin:Do you know anything about Navigator, or did you just lash out as someone who you felt was ignorant of who you are, and who had a contrary opinion to yours?
    You do appear to have a lot of pent up anger or maybe just frustration, which at another time I seem to recall got you barred from this board for a short period.

On the one hand I'm pleased to see that you have the bottle and guts to do something like this. It says a lot about your character. Kudo's to you.
    On the other hand, two things come to mind - you are in the midst of legal action involving your child, and so now is NOT the time to do anything that might be perceived as irrational or excessive, by judiciaries.
    The second thing is more anecdotal, in that I recall plenty of occasions where there were protestors at the KH and Assembly. As a JW I, in a perverse kind of way, felt validated by it.

Just a word to the wise, my friend - take care

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Whoa back Corvin. Navigator is a great guy who simply has a different perspective on this matter. His post was not a personal attack on you, he just offered a different opinion. You went way over the top on this one. Wait until you meet the man, then your opinion of his post will, no doubt, change. Bug

• Sirona
    Sirona

Corvin,

Whilst I admire the guts it takes to do such things, I also think that you're doing the wrong thing by picketing. This is just my opinion of course. I think that your ex can use this against you by saying you are fanatical about JWs and that this is clouding your judgement (or some such other thing she might think of, with her 100's of witnesses to your behaviour outside their church....this would look strange to a judge because judges generally won't understand your involvement and the problems with the JWs)

That is Just MHO.

Everyone:

Lets not let this thread deteriorate to the point of being removed eh?

Sirona

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hiya corvin..

just following on from what sirona mentioned, during my court battles over access to my little girl, my ex tried to use my being a JW as one of the reasons for not allowing me access (she knew I wasn't one - had stopped before we met). It backfired, the judge said that he would not stand for religious intolerance, no matter what denomination. He also cautioned her about some other things too, but that's a different story!!

Good luck with your proceedings - you're children are lucky to have a father that fights so hard for them!

Cheers,

Bull!

• Special K
    Special K

You know I love you Corvin.

And your protectiveness, caring and devotion to your kids is evident throughout any of your posts.

I know too, that like any parent (like me). I will fight to the death for my kids.

I really think you have a GOOD chance of getting full custody of your kids at this point.

I'm not sure what is the right thing to do, but be a bit careful about your strategies while you wait for the judge to make his final decision. He for the present has ruled in your favour.

Still got my fingers crossed for you, Corvin

((hugs))

Special K

p.s. If school hadn't started already, I say now is the perfect time to take a family camping trip or something like that (just for a weekend, or something). Get totally away from this with your kids for brief respite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit