Still Demonstrating/Prostesting at the KH and Support is Growing

by Corvin 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Hello Corvin,

Just to point out one thing to you. It is apparent that this Hispanic female had a language barrier. That does not make her stupid. It was just her inability to communicate properly. I think you should just admit to your mistake and it will all be over..........I am posting a very personal issue on your thread and will continue the topic on my 666 thread later on. This is what happens in the United States at the hand of racists. It is time to end the racial barriers....................have a great day.

Brownboy

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Brownboy,
    It is unfortunate that you had such an experience, and I feel for you. Are you trying to suggest, though that, even though Corvin said that she "happened to be hispanic" and explained the relevance to why he said that with the "Charo" scenario, that he is a racist?

I, myself, was wrongly charged because of the "zero tolerance" idea that if a wife claims that her husband has hit her, then they charge the husband, to ensure the safety of the woman. I do not think that it was fair for my now ex to do that, much like it was unfair that you were wrongly charged and that the judge didn't fix it.

However, due to the fact that many women are able to escape from "truly" abusive situations because their spouse will be taken away immediately, without being able to seek revenge while the police investigate, I still believe that "zero tolerance" is a good idea. But, I also knew enough to get away from that lying, deceitful person in order to protect myself from further lies.

My point is that you shouldn't judge society as a whole because of an unfair thing that one or two people did to you. I hope your situation gets resolved, if it hasn't been yet, but to be honest, you might be rushing to judgement a little too quickly.

B.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Outbutnotdown,

I do not believe that Corvin is a racist, he just spoke the wrong words, which can easily be corrected with an apology. We will find out where my attempt to speak out against injustice leads to..............only God knows.

It could bring retaliation, as it has before...................if everyone only knew what goes on behind closed doors.

To everyone that hates injustice, please forward my web address to whomever will listen, especially those in the government. Excercise your rights without being political, it is our right thus far................ www.brown4justice.com

Brownboy

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Brownboy I have sent you a private message regarding your situation. Good luck and God bless.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Thank you Happy Guy, you live up to your name by making others happy.......

BB

• Corvin
    Corvin
    It is apparent that this Hispanic female had a language barrier. That does not make her stupid. It was just her inability to communicate properly. I think you should just admit to your mistake and it will all be over..........

Brown, I did NOT say that the woman was stupid or even imply that she was stupid for having a language barrier. You are twisting it your way. If you knew my story, my entire story, you would know that I am highly sensative to language and speech barriers. Stop judging, please. I DID apologize . . . um twice now I think, if anyone took my words wrong and you did take my words wrong therefore it is up to you to forgive and look at it from another perspective. It is no longer my problem. It is over now. Keep it going if you want, but you too are silly.

I am getting that someone did something really bad to you once, and it is a big club we all live in, but stop "clubbing" me over the head because you are obsessing about something somebody else did to you. NOT a racist here . . . wrong door, babe.

Corvin

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Corvin! You said "babe"! That's sexist!

Okay I just couldn't resist. I really couldn't...had a bad day and the need to be lighthearted and silly just came over me. ;)

On the subject at hand, I'm very glad to hear that you've had your day in court and that things are going well and looking brighter. I'm also glad that you're able to take action you need in the form of demonstrating (or rather, you were able to, since the court order has kinda slowed that down on ya).

Take care and keep up the fight for your kids. That's what matters. :)

• Xandria
    Xandria

The mixed evidence of the influence of racial stereotypes calls into question their measurement and meaning. Many people don?t get that there was a veiled prejudice in what Corvin stated. Even though he used Hispanic as a term to describe the woman. He had a prejudice against her due to her religion and was angry because she had the temerity to preach back. The hatred that spewed forth came out as: She was a moron because she had a language barrier, she was stupid~ why because she took the time to try to speak to Mike? How is that not irrational? Last time, I looked they were standing in a public place. Prejudice comes in many forms. The term very, very Hispanic stood out in is diatribe against this woman. Like she should be punished for being Hispanic and a Jehovah?s Witness~ He is prejudiced on her being a JW. The rest was just icing. How is hate going to help? Is hating her going to change the facts? No.

Quote:

And the very very very very hispanic woman's question was extremely stupid and typical of morons who just happen to be hispanic Jehovah's Witnesses.

From my post:

If you are planting seeds do it with out the stereotypes.. or hatred. Many of us still have family in and they aren't stupid or morons, they are just very lost.

BTW, I am LATINO and was a JW or as you put it, HISPANIC JW's.

And the very very very very hispanic woman's question was extremely stupid and typical of morons who just happen to be hispanic Jehovah's Witnesses.

So by that above reasoning, I am a moron also? Please clarify. Before, I take severe offense to that statement.

Just because she is Hispanic/ Latino and JW doesn't give you the right to trash her . Or those who share the same ethnic background and once shared the same religion too.

It does not mean were morons, because we once believed in something we were mislead on. What you wrote smacks of bigotry over her race and her religion. To show contempt, arrogance and superiority ~ is different than them? How so?

Sincerely,

X.

I gave you the opportunity to redeem yourself and explain. Instead I got attacked, I got excuses and no real tangible reason for this intense dislike~ except that she was a Hispanic JW and a moron. Is she responsible for what happened to your children? No. What she is responsible for is her actions and her life.

She is in bondage to a belief. I don't think anyone would listen when attacked and Mike could have easily presented his points with out attack.

Bigotry: 1 : the state of mind of a bigot 2 : acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot. Bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

You just did not attack her over, her race Corvin. You attacked her because of your anger with the witnesses. Her ethnic background was just another reason to ridicule her, because she could not speak English well, and you were pissed off over the fact that someone tried to reason and even presented her thoughts and views. Instead of looking at it as an opportunity to share, just like she did, you presented it to us all, as boasting. That this dumb woman dared speak, well hum, aren't you speaking out as well ? Why is your freedom of speech and thought more important ?

Protest the WTS, but don?t attack individual people, not everyone is a horrible person in this religion. They are just horribly mislead. You know just how hard it is to break free from it. You cannot bully them into changing their views. By attacking them you, will make them more apt to hold on to this religion, because they are being persecuted. You have to plant seeds, to make them open their eyes~give them options, as to how to get out, etc. Otherwise you will be just another nutjob, shouting at the side of the street.

Corvin you are angry ( I understand why and have been there myself). Yet lashing out at anyone and any person who has a different view, thought or feeling, is wrong. When we bring it to your attention, you project that, you are the one being attacked, others are the ones being ?hyper-sensitive?, etc. With out realizing you are being so defensive that you aren?t listening what the person is saying. In fact you are being so hypersensitive yourself, that you are blocking what the person is saying to you.

Twisting it, by claiming we are: Attacking you, not supporting you, calling you a racist, when you are being HIGHLY prejudiced and ultra bigoted.

Reacting automatically in anger and defensiveness, will not further your goals. Anger is a completely normal, usually healthy, human emotion. But when it gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to problems?problems at work, in your personal relationships, and in the overall quality of your life.

The instinctive, natural way to express anger is to respond aggressively. Anger is a natural, adaptive response to threats; it inspires powerful, often aggressive, feelings and behaviors, which allow us to fight and to defend ourselves when we are attacked. A certain amount of anger, therefore, is necessary to our survival.

On the other hand, we can't physically lash out at every person or object that irritates or annoys us; laws, social norms, and common sense place limits on how far our anger can take us.

People use a variety of both conscious and unconscious processes to deal with their angry feelings. The three main approaches are expressing, suppressing, and calming. Expressing your angry feelings in an assertive?not aggressive?manner is the healthiest way to express anger. To do this, you have to learn how to make clear what your needs are, and how to get them met, without hurting others. Being assertive doesn't mean being pushy or demanding; it means being respectful of yourself and others.

Unexpressed anger can create other problems. It can lead to pathological expressions of anger, such as passive-aggressive behavior (getting back at people indirectly, without telling them why, rather than confronting them head-on) or a personality that seems perpetually cynical and hostile. People who are constantly putting others down, criticizing everything, and making cynical comments haven't learned how to constructively express their anger. Not surprisingly, they aren't likely to have many successful relationships.

Logic defeats anger, because anger, even when it's justified, can quickly become irrational. So use cold hard logic on yourself. Remind yourself that the world is "not out to get you," you're just experiencing some of the rough spots of daily life.

Do this each time you feel anger getting the best of you, and it'll help you get a more balanced perspective. Angry people tend to demand things: fairness, appreciation, agreement, willingness to do things their way. Everyone wants these things, and we are all hurt and disappointed when we don't get them, but angry people demand them, and when their demands aren't met, their disappointment becomes anger and the cycle of lashing out continues.

Sometimes, our anger and frustration are caused by very real and inescapable problems in our lives. Not all anger is misplaced, and often it's a healthy, natural response to these difficulties. There is also a cultural belief that every problem has a solution, and it adds to our frustration to find out that this isn't always the case. The best attitude to bring to such a situation, then, is not to focus on finding the solution, but rather on how you handle and face the problem.

Make a plan, and check your progress along the way. Resolve to give it your best, but also not to punish yourself if an answer doesn't come right away. If you can approach it with your best intentions and efforts and make a serious attempt to face it head-on, you will be less likely to lose patience and fall into all-or-nothing thinking, even if the problem does not get solved right away.

Angry people tend to jump to?and act on?conclusions, and some of those conclusions can be very inaccurate. The first thing to do if you're in a heated discussion is slow down and think through your responses. Don't say the first thing that comes into your head, but slow down and think carefully about what you want to say. At the same time, listen carefully to what the other person is saying and take your time before answering.

Regards,

X.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    I am getting that someone did something really bad to you once, and it is a big club we all live in, but stop "clubbing" me over the head because you are obsessing about something somebody else did to you. NOT a racist here . . . wrong door, babe.

Corvin,

I am not clubbing you over the head for what I experienced. I don't hold everyone accountable for someone elses actions. I was not the only one to find something wrong with your words apparently. If that is all you can say in explanation, then so be it. I will not bring it up again.

Have a great day

Brownboy

• Corvin
    Corvin

Xandria, your rant is silly and you are again twisting things because you can't get past the fact that you OVERREACTED. Just shut it and move on, will you.

Why the hell don't you talk to me in a PM instead of raising a public stink? Do you really want to know my true mind, my experiences and my perceptions or do you just want to take statements out of context and make a big thing out of it because you think you have a point to make? If anyone is pissed because someone else dissagrees with their point of view, it is clearly you. If you really wanted to settle things you would be more adult and discreet about this. How old are you? Keep goin', sister, this one is funny as hell . . .

. . . you keep saying that I am angry and lashing out at someone for no reason, but you are the one obsessing and keeping this thing going. You really have the problem here, and I am not going to argue and defend myself anymore. I will say this, however, you have racial issues. I do not. You are acting like the racism police and it is making me laugh harder each time you start blowing this way out of porportion. You are truly naive and just pissed. You have obviously missed the subtle nuances of racisim that exists in every culture, including your own little world. A person like myself has been exposed to so many varied cultures and races, and I mean living among them as an accepted and RESPECTED part of the community. I have seen that everyone of us, no matter how careful we are not to offend, is a practitioner of bigotry on some level and with regard to something, including you, for at this moment you are so sure that your perception is the only one that matters. I apologized that YOU took it wrong and continue to take it wrong, and I will not do so again for it means nothing to you.

You never answered if you have ever used the term "gringo" or "white boy" to descibe a white person while with other LATINOs. Please tell me you haven't!

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit