Still Demonstrating/Prostesting at the KH and Support is Growing

by Corvin 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

Um Corvin:

I don't care, if she was black, brown, purple or blue and had a accent that rivaled a Scottish Burr! The point is took the time to enquire, which was an opportunity to share. Your anger seems to cloud the point, that she did not read english and was curious. Which is an opportunity, just as she thought it was an opportunity to plant a "seed". It was Mike's opportunity to plant one too.

I find your attack on her race, her ignorance and education sad.

People, who want to kill the enquirer of truth, are clearly mad. Those who want to attack anyone who questions their beliefs, rather than consider the evidence is irrational. Irrational behavior shows another difficulty involved with using intelligence. Both sides of the argument possessed the faculty, but one side or both are deluded by prejudice or deep belief. Prejudice is a desire to accept a belief for a personal reason or it is an ingrained teaching, which can be a distortion to the truth. She has a distorted truth.

If you or Mike are to there to "preach truth" you have to show tolerance and compassion, not hatred. Else you are no better than those whom you picket against. We were all there at one point and time. Your anger is a turn off, rather than a turn on. If someone approached you with bitter anger when you were a stanch JW, what would have been your first response ? Mine would have been to cling to my teachings, b/c Jehovah was testing me. It kind of defeats the purpose of picketing them, if you are going to be just like them.

If you are planting seeds do it with out the sterotypes.. or hatred. Many of us still have family in and they aren't stupid or morons, they are just very lost.

BTW, I am LATINO and was a JW or as you put it, HISPANIC JW's.

And the very very very very hispanic woman's question was extremely stupid and typical of morons who just happen to be hispanic Jehovah's Witnesses.

So by that above reasoning, I am a moron also? Please clarify. Before, I take severe offense to that statement.

Just because she is Hispanic/ Latino and JW doesn't give you the right to trash her. Or those who share the same ethnic background and once shared the same religion too. It does not mean are were morons, because we once believed in something we were mislead on. What you wrote smacks of bigotry over her race and her religion. To show contempt, arrogance and superiority ~ is different than them ? How so ?

Sincerely,

X.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Happyguy, I truly do thank you for sharing your story. I find it astonishing even in light of what we have been through. I do feel something for what you have been through and I am glad you have your kids now.

Corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Your anger seems to cloud the point, that she did not read english and was curious. Which is an opportunity, just as she thought it was an opportunity to plant a "seed". It was Mike's opportunity to plant one too.

I find your attack on her race, her ignorance and education sad.

I was not attacking her race, and SIMON, please lock this thread before this gets out of hand. Nobody took my comments offensively until brownboy, who has a problem with me anyway, said something.

Corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin

X,

Brownboy hates me. He was baiting me and trying to pick a fight. You took the bait. Please except my apologies if I offended you. my post was purely sattire and sarcasm toward Brownboy. I won't discuss this anymore, but please let's not let this get out of hand.

Corvin

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Best wishes on the picketing Corvin; I'm glad for the negative PR the JW teachings and organization are getting because of it.

Good job.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'd like "very Hispanic" defined myself..

• Xandria
    Xandria

Corvin,

Did you not write the words? I saw them written, it was your comment, your thoughts and feelings and I was the one who asked for your clarification on them; because they are offensive and even callous. You are responsible for what you say and do. Whatever the situation is between you and BB, is between you and BB. This has no bearing on what I said, to you. I am coming to you in the contexts of what you wrote. I am addressing you and why should that ?get out of hand?? You can speak for yourself, can you not?

You are responsible~ for what you write. I don?t care if you were sparring with BB or what ever, the words are offensive and demeaning. Please think before you type, for this is a public board made up of many wonderful people with different backgrounds and ethnicities. Bait or not, satire or sarcasm it is not acceptable to me to see this type of hatred or labeling.

I know many people who are very smart, wonderful people, color of skin should not matter. I simply will not put up with this type of b.s. I don?t care who it is. I will accept your apology and hope I do not see this again. Because I will call you on it, I put up with it growing up, from people and I will not put up with it anymore.

Sincerely,

X.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I'd like "very Hispanic" defined myself..

Ok, I am a racist. Go ahead, give me a lashing.

I also knew a guy that was very very jewish like Mel Brooks Jewish. That was funny too.

I have a good friend who is very very gay like Sean Hayes gay. Also very funny.

I also think I am funny being a typical white guy. I can dance like a white boy dancing like a black man and I can moan the blues like a whiteboy doing a good job of sounding like a black man . . . I can laugh at my self and my culture, and I can appreciate the diversity of all races and accept people as people and I am beginning to resent your narrow minded view that I do not.

John Leguizamo is a fine example of one who laughs at his very funny hispanic friends and relatives. OMG, Dave Chappell is halarious when he points out what's funny about different ethnicities, including his own, and we all laugh too. Don't be a hypocrite. What's funny about your ethnic culture? I can also laugh at my uncle who is very very filipino. He does and says things that crack me up and are completely filipino. Even his own children poke fun at him and his ways. What makes you laugh about yourself? Nothing? Hmm, I am not buying it. God, stop twisting this thing into a thing. Get off your soapbox and go after a real racist.

I think living among and loving those south of the boarder for two years qualifies me to give an opinion as to what is funny or humorous about the culture. They all sure gave me a ration of humorous remarks about being American, and I took it in a positive humorous way. I was never offended or turned it into a race thing.

About 20% of my friends are white and the rest of whitedom bores the hell out of me. The rest make up a diverse group I love and respect. And we ALL sit and talk about the funny shit that folks from their culture do and say that is so typically them.

The JW lady was an ignorant moron because she was an ignorant moron. If I laugh at her, it is not our of anger, it is because I am laughing at myself for once being the same way while in the org. I am laughing at her because she thought seriously about Witnessing to an apostate picketer against the Society's strict rules against doing so. It was funny as hell in the context of the situation. Being hispanic had nothing to do with her being such a moron. She could read english or she would not have been attending a predominently white congregation. She was like "Charro hispanic" and we all know Charro is very very funny and she plays up what's funny about being hispanic to get laughs. God, how hard is it to make that distinction? She was the typical hispanic woman who comes over to this country, so obviously hispanic with the "nopal on her forehead" as you hispanics like to point out with so much disdain, pretending not be hispanic at all, and reviling anyone who may ask her about her culture. Every meet one of those? Those folks really do crack me up. It's as funny as a whiteboy from San Diego trying to be black. Yeah, I find that funny as hell.

Corvin

• Xandria
    Xandria

I think living among and loving those south of the boarder for two years qualifies me to give an opinion as to what is funny or humorous about the culture.

Really.. Hum, I don?t think so. Cultures do clash, and sometimes painfully so. While it may be ?all in good? fun, it can still hurt too.

John Leguizamo is a fine example of one who laughs at his very funny hispanic friends and relatives. OMG, Dave Chappell is halarious when he points out what's funny about different ethnicities, including his own, and we all laugh too. Don't be a hypocrite.

First of all, the pointing out of the differences is made in fun and pointing out the funny differences.

I don?t see John or (Juan as I call him) directly attacking a person, for being ignorant, a moron, and etc. What he says, is in good will. There is where the difference is, yours is filled with contempt and anger. So please do not try to twist this into something other, than what you said. What you said and what you could mean are two different things. The point is what you said was insensitive and rude.

For your information, Corvin~ I invited Ariel (if you don?t know who he is, then look up the Silent Lambs Vigil Articles.) to come and read, learn and perhaps find comfort. Now, how is an attack of a Hispanic/Latino woman going to make him feel? Especially since his sister, nieces, and nephew were believing JWs at the times of their murders. Were they morons too? I really don?t think what you said was harmless joking or funny, for that matter. Your generalization was very insensitive. While it is your right to free speech, I am exercising my right to tell you that you are being an insensitive prick. Clear enough for you?

What's funny about your ethnic culture? I can also laugh at my uncle who is very very filipino. He does and says things that crack me up and are completely filipino. Even his own children poke fun at him and his ways. What makes you laugh about yourself? Nothing? Hmm, I am not buying it. God, stop twisting this thing into a thing. Get off your soapbox and go after a real racist.

I am glad you have fun with your Filipino Uncle and you are able to joke about your differences in good fun. But you aren?t attacking his differences in anger and with clearly blatant contempt. That is the difference, again. You made an apology, a few posts back. Don?t undo the good will, by not realizing harm or hurt you inflicted. By not acknowledging this Corvin you are twisting this thing into a thing. Besides, if you did not want this type of ?thing? in your thread, you shouldn?t have gone there to begin with.

How about taking ownership for your words, spoken because you have some anger towards the Witnesses. That I can understand considering the circumstances we all have been through. Acknowledge that, and we can move on from this, a bit wiser for being there. Peace.

Xandria

• wednesday
    wednesday

Corvin, u have made a serious mistake, u find humor in things. If only the woman had been a "very very white trash redneck" then it would have been funny to everyone. You must learn these things ,Corvin,.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit