And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Does the smoke from Rome burning go on ascending forever and ever? No, It would be fair to say no one sees it, but it will ascend forever and ever from Babylon the Great when it is destroyed. Rev.19:3 Is Rome still there? Yes. Babylon the Great will never be found again once she is destroyed. Rev. 18:21

That's faulty logic, denying meaning to a text merely because its predictions did not come to pass. It's a false prophecy. Just like Daniel. Did Antiochus Epiphanes IV die while attacking Jerusalem, with Michael the Archangel rising up as the new king and with the resurrection of the dead all occuring in 163 BC? No. It is for that very reason that people to this day try to twist and tweak the prophecy to fit events in their own day, because the original predication failed to come to pass. Whatever current relevance you contrive from the book will pale in comparison to its original purpose. It was written to offer solace to Christians in AD 95 or so, who faced persecution by Romans and the temptation of the Emperor cult (the idolatry of the Beast). It was not written for people 2,000 years later to extract symbolism to construct new prophecies about their own day.

• myelaine
    myelaine

leolaia,

If Rome was burnt in 64 AD by Nero, Why are chapters 17-18 in todays Bible, to comfort people today that might still be hurting from Romes burning?If that was the case, these chapters would serve no purpose for us today. But because nothing is to be added or removed from the prophesy of this book, it must be as relevent today as anything else in the book.

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

To Whom It May Concern,

It is also interesting to note that the WBTS says that everyone except them is Babylon the Great.

michelle

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Why do I get the feeling that Myelaine is JC Cannon???

• myelaine
    myelaine

frankiespeakin,

would that be good or bad? I don't even know who that is.

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

frankiespeakin,

Who the heck is J.C. Cannon?

michelle

• toreador
    toreador

Do a search for JCanon and you will find out Myelaine. He used to post here. He will probably be back too.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Thanx toredor,

frankiespeakin,

I read 1 paragraph of JCanon stuff and I can tell you unequivocally, I am not like him. He is a date setter, he flips all over the scriptures like a JW trying to prove his 1 point. + he sounds like a bit of a "nut case". Yes I got all that from one paragraph. The only thing that we might have in common is the intensity with which we deliver our message. I am more intense, because I care about people a lot. Sue me.

love michelle

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Myelaine,

I am more intense, because I care about people a lot. Sue me.

love michelle

See you in court

• myelaine
    myelaine

ACTS OF INJUSTIC TO MINDINJUSTIC TO MIND

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit