And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:

by myelaine 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I don't think this very often anymore, but I think we have a new troll on the board. This holy roller is just trying to mess with our heads. Boring!

• myelaine
    myelaine

Senselessly Sane,

Rev. 1

A revelation, to show His slaves, what will be happening shortly.

vs. 3

who observe the things written in it, for the appointed time is near.

Near the appointed time, His slaves who observe the revelation will also Mat. 24:15..catch sight of the discusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the Holy place.....Daniel 11:31 ....and they will actually profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant (feature) God's holy spirit is a protection for His children. This holy spirit will return to him at death. The WBTS says...It is not "Spirit" it is active force. It does not dwell in the slave, this spirit does not return to God. They have in essence removed the Holy Spirit(constant feature) from the word of God. God is Holy Spirit, The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are all constants, from everlasting..

michelle

• Valis
    Valis

myelaine, I think what people are trying to say is that they don't like being preached to. It isn't hard to understand seeing where a lot of us have come from. You apparently don't believe the WTBTS is "the truth", but instead of saying, "this is my truth"...you seem to be putting everyone off by discarding comments with more preaching. This big circular love fest is only going to end in people being annoyed and unwilling to engage you in serious biblical discussion.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• myelaine
    myelaine

Valis,

This is serious Biblical discussion. More serious than anything the WBTS ever taught anyone.I am just asking people to look and see for themselves if it is true what I am saying, I am helping them to see because they have been blinded by wrong doctrines and they will have trouble seeing. I mean no harm.

michelle

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

For a discussion to be productive, all parties should be receptive; I think we've made an effort to understand your views, but you insist on approaching the discussion single-mindedly. This makes it very hard for people to take you seriously - if indeed you are serious and not a troll.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Senselessly Sane,

What has anyone asked that I did not answer. I have made my "views" known. And I have stated why they are my "views".

michelle

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

CityFan has it right....The vision is about the return of Nero Redivivus (the Beast, who also appears as Beliar or the antichrist in other apocalyptic works of the time) returning to destroy Rome (Babylon). This is the same theme in the Jewish Sibylline Oracles , especially in Book 5 which was written at the same time as Revelation and which clearly identifies Babylon with Rome and describes in detail how Nero would return to ravage Italy and Rome. There is even a "Woe to you, Babylon" lament just like in Revelation 18. The only question is whether these oracles were adapted from an older pre-A.D. 70 oracle on the destruction of Jerusalem (then identified as Babylon). The fact that Nero is blamed for the destruction of Jerusalem in SibOr 5:150 might be a vestige of this older conception.

• gumby
    gumby

Myelaine,

The rebuttles you are getting goes with the territory of your approach I know you mean well, but it takes some trial and error to learn the ropes of discussing religion in a way that goes more smoothly. Notice I said "more" smoothly.

Gumby

• myelaine
    myelaine

leolaia,

Does the smoke from Rome burning go on ascending forever and ever? No, It would be fair to say no one sees it, but it will ascend forever and ever from Babylon the Great when it is destroyed. Rev.19:3 Is Rome still there? Yes. Babylon the Great will never be found again once she is destroyed. Rev. 18:21

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

Rev. 18:23

...for by your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled.

How did the founders of the WBTS come to gather their doctrines?

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit