The Judicial Committee

by minimus 108 Replies latest jw friends

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

minimus:

If you reread my post you will see that I'm not saying that the holy spirit is directly responsible for the outcome of a judicial hearing. The elders are responsible for the outcome. But I am saying that the holy spirit can guide the elders if they allow the spirit to. For example, an elder might come to a judicial hearing with a preconceived idea of what he will decide before even hearing the case. In that instance, he would not be allowing the spirit to guide the hearing. Another elder, could come to a hearing with the intent of listening and determining whether the person is repentant. To come to that conclusion he might find scriptures or he might deliberate using a publication as I explained before. In that case he would be allowing the spirit to guide him.

• minimus
    minimus

Elders are "spirit directed". If an elder resists holy spirit, they should not be elders. If HS isn't responsible for outcomes, then mere men are. That's what you're really saying, you know.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I have found few elders who understand what it means to be appointed by holy spirit. One elder believed that even when he was wrong about something, he was being led by the holy spirit. The HS directed him to be wrong for a reason that would reveal itself later. What a bunch of crap! These are people appointed by their peers and FDS gives their approval to this kind of mediocrity.

When they are presented as laboring hard for the congregation, it is usually after they have botched up something really bad. (a smoke screen)

Is the definition of a 'troll' someone who posts on this site and counts the time on their field service report? Just wondering.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    If you reread my post you will see that I'm not saying that the holy spirit is directly responsible for the outcome of a judicial hearing. The elders are responsible for the outcome. But I am saying that the holy spirit can guide the elders if they allow the spirit to. For example, an elder might come to a judicial hearing with a preconceived idea of what he will decide before even hearing the case. In that instance, he would not be allowing the spirit to guide the hearing. Another elder, could come to a hearing with the intent of listening and determining whether the person is repentant. To come to that conclusion he might find scriptures or he might deliberate using a publication as I explained before. In that case he would be allowing the spirit to guide him.

Would anybody be able to tell which method the elders had used to come to their decision? What if there was a split decision and the elders on both sides are adamant that they are letting the holy spirit guide them? If someone who has been appointed by holy spirit refuses to let himself be guided by it to the effect that an innocent person's life is ruined, would he be sinning against the holy spirit?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have seen alot of elder politics in my lifetime (red tape, and if you go against them you're f'd)

Example: I have an elder that does the WT, and he runs 10 mins late 90% of the time, and still does the review. 2 weeks ago we had the meeting between elders/MS's/and C.O.

Well the C.O. was telling us how the School and service meeting can run late real easy if we do not check ourselves after every talk. After that he asked us all (including MS's) "Does this happen here?"

Nobody said a peep, so I raised my hand and said "Honestly it does not, but the WT is late quite alot!". At that instant an elder (not the WT conductor) raised his hand and said that it was not so, and

maybe it happened in 1 or 2 deep studies!

He basically not only lied, but called me a liar by proxy! I should of slapped him right there!

Do, elders have neither the holy spirit, nor truth, but they are a club of elite where if they cover each other's asses they will do whatever they want!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The Holy Spirit does guide the elders as long as they are basing their decisions on the scriptures. For example, the holy spirit would not just pop a decision on the case into the elders' mind, but could guide the elder to a particular scripture or publication that sheds light on the case

So when brother X raises a thought from a scripture, how do they know if H/s haas guided him or whether he is off the point because the other two elders think different?. One thing I learned a long time before I stopped doing it was that Holy Spirit had nothing to do with it

I really have sat on innumerable committees , as have many ex elders here. At the time I thought I was doing the right thing although I cringe now at some of the things I did.. Thankfully most were self confessed fornicators or smokers and we let them off with a reproof.

To be fair, I can recall the Kingom Ministry School Instructor emphasising that "Our aim is to gain" our brother if possible , and if there was to be a judgement call we should err on the side of mercy.. Sadly , I am aware of many experiences where that has not happened... What else can be expected from an organisation of men?, just like any other religion

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When I get time I will post all my JCs on here - names changed of course - I chaired and sat on quite a few

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've been through 3 and an appeal. I was only reproved for 2 of them and DF'd the other and it was upheld on the appeal. I can't say too much about the 2 that I was reproved for except that I gave them what they were looking for. When I was DF'd the secretary had a learning disability and so when it came to the appeal, the majority of the notes were very inaccurate but noone else seemed to care. The notes made things look much worse than it actually was. I really didn't either but I just didn't want it to happen for my family.

• jb
    jb

I was a JW for 30 years. Both parents are JW's. Dad's a PO at their cong. I was 23 when I sat before my first and only JC. I was pregnant. It was the most hateful process I have ever been through. I feel ill just thinking about now. I was not D'Fed. My fathers status had alot to do with it I'm sure. Even though when he found out I was going to be PR he called the brother in charge and told them to D'F me (and my hubby)! Thanks Dad for the support! Later in my pregnancy I became very sick and almost died. My mother sat at the bed and told me my son would probably die because Jehovah looked at him as a sin. A brother on my JC came to visit me and the first thing he asked was if I had taken blood. I said no ,he was very pleased. I was so close to death and he was releaved that he could send back good news to the brothers. Anyways, I lived through it and thank God so did my son. My point is this to SOJ, confess your sins to the brothers in your hall.Your sins being your "mixing in company" with known apostates. And watch the Loving process from the otherside of the room. Make sure you tell them everything..and hope that they are "allowing the HS to guide them".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The problem with JW's is that they take the Bible too literally.

I'm sorry for the hateful and tasteless remarks they made at you. Your child and your life are not important to them. I guess

they remember that God punished David of his sin with Beth-sheeba by making the child die.... Now if you think this was justice by

God really think about it (how did it punish David? He did not have the child in him for 9 months? Did he? He also had plenty more children to continue his bloodline?)

Jesus taught us mercy and love. JW's keep that Old Testament attitute.

They have enough balls to go house to house and when confronted about the Jehovah thing saying they are "Christian Jehovah's Witnesses" I don't

think any attitute/JC thinking comes from Jesus!

Love, and hope you feel better, the real Jesus loves you and you don't have to prove anything to your father and elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit