The Judicial Committee

by minimus 108 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Ahhh- writing to the branch......The Appeal Com. DOES NOT want the elders to tell the df'd one about this option. Only if the accused brings it up, should it be acknowledged.....Who are you trying to fool, SOJ?

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I'm not trying to fool anyone minimus, just stating what the third option is.

• minimus
    minimus

But you KNOW that that option is rarely brought up. To suggest otherwise is lying, Sword.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

My family wasn't very strong in the truth, though we were always there. Thus, I was considered bad association, even though I was embarassingly innocent. Baptised at 15, I was brought into committee meetings on a regular basis as a teenager. Once I drank a wine cooler (just one) . . . mom turned me in. At 17 I kissed a boy in my hall (just a kiss, my first) . . . cousin turned me in. At 18 I secretly saw a worldly boy . . . turned myself into my mom, then she turned me in. I was very shy, and meeting with the elders was unspeakably humiliating to me. I can think of very few things I can compare it to, sitting alone in a room with three big men in suits, being kind but doing their duty in telling me how disappointing I am to my parents, to them, and to Jehovah. Didn't know how to defend myself. Didn't know how to say, "Gee, it was just one little kiss!" I, who just wanted to please everyone, could only cry in shame.

I will never never let that happen to my children.

• micheal
    micheal

Sword of Jah should be in a judicial meeting right now - and I'm not referring to conducting one either.

• kls
    kls

Judicial Committee, judge , jury , executioner.

• undercover
    undercover

I've been in more than a couple of JC meetings and it wasn't ever as an elder.

In the meetings that I was in, there have been both good elders and bad elders. The first JC meeting I was in, I saw a complete personality change in one elder. He was spiteful, mean and vindictive. It was like a different person in that meeting compared to what I had come to know at regular meetings and in field service. So much so that down to this day even, 15 years later, I do not trust this man or anything he says. I have seen other elders act badly in these meetings.
    I have also seen good elders though. Merciful, kind, caring men who didn't want to be in that room anymore than I did. I've heard horror stories of how people have had to tell intimate details on sexual encounters that caused the JC meeting to come about. But in one meeting I was in, an elder actually stopped the other elders from prying and said the details didn't matter, it was in the past. The confession was made. It was time to get beyond that and work on being repentant and getting back to being spiritually healthy(in their view).

• minimus
    minimus

Pennyc----If you said, "It was just one little kiss", you'd be viewed as unrepentant and get the ax!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Numbers 5:11-28

11 And Jehovah went on to speak to Moses, saying: 12 "Speak to the sons of Israel, and you must say to them, ?In case any man?s wife turns aside in that she does commit an act of unfaithfulness against him, 13 and another man actually lies down with her and has an emission of semen, and it has been hidden from the eyes of her husband and has remained undiscovered, and she, on her part, has defiled herself but there is no witness against her, and she herself has not been caught; 14 and the spirit of jealousy has passed upon him, and he has become suspicious of his wife?s faithfulness, and she in fact has defiled herself, or the spirit of jealousy has passed upon him, and he has become suspicious of his wife?s faithfulness, but she in fact has not defiled herself; 15 then the man must bring his wife to the priest and bring her offering along with her, a tenth of an e´phah of barley flour. He must not pour oil upon it nor put frankincense upon it, because it is a grain offering of jealousy, a memorial grain offering bringing error to remembrance.

"?And the priest must bring her forward and make her stand before Jehovah. 17 And the priest must take holy water in an earthenware vessel, and the priest will take some of the dust that happens to be on the floor of the tabernacle, and he must put it in the water. 18 And the priest must make the woman stand before Jehovah and loosen the hair of the woman?s head and put upon her palms the memorial grain offering, that is, the grain offering of jealousy, and in the hand of the priest there should be the bitter water that brings a curse.

"?And the priest must make her swear, and he must say to the woman: "If no man has lain down with you and if while under your husband you have not turned aside in any uncleanness, be free of the effect of this bitter water that brings a curse. 20 But you, in case you have turned aside while under your husband and in case you have defiled yourself and some man has put in you his seminal emission, besides your husband,?" 21 The priest must now make the woman swear with an oath involving cursing, and the priest must say to the woman: "May Jehovah set you for a cursing and an oath in the midst of your people by Jehovah?s letting your thigh fall away, and your belly swell. 22 And this water that brings a curse must enter into your intestines to cause your belly to swell and the thigh to fall away." To this the woman must say: "Amen! Amen!"

"?And the priest must write these cursings in the book and must wipe them out into the bitter water. 24 And he must make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and the water that brings a curse must enter into her as something bitter. 25 And the priest must take the grain offering of jealousy from the woman?s hand and wave the grain offering to and fro before Jehovah, and he must bring it near the altar. 26 And the priest must grasp some of the grain offering as a remembrancer of it and must make it smoke upon the altar, and afterward he will make the woman drink the water. 27 When he has made her drink the water, it must also occur that if she has defiled herself in that she committed an act of unfaithfulness toward her husband, the water that brings a curse must then enter into her as something bitter, and her belly must swell, and her thigh must fall away, and the woman must become a cursing in among her people. 28 However, if the woman has not defiled herself but she is clean, she must then be free from such punishment; and she must be made pregnant with semen.
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

As is shown in the Bible, the big Jehovah should be the JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit