The Judicial Committee

by minimus 108 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The spirit did it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Then why does the spirit not do it today?

Has God Changed?

I thought, WT rule "God never changes" "people do"

• minimus
    minimus

Miracles are done away with now that the Christian Congregation is fully established. God can use His Spirit anyway he feels comfortable....Don't question God.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Shamus-

Loved the post!

• toreador
    toreador

Sword:

In extreme and unusual cases as such, I turned over control to Jesus, for he is the head of the congregations.

Just how exactly did you do this Sword? Secondly is not the prayers that are prayed b4 the meeting supposed to invite Jesus presence into the meeting? Thirdly, why would the holy spirit point the elders to a scripture instead of telling them the right decision to make. If the spirits can vulcan mind meld a scripture into the elders head to give them a correct decision from why not simply lead them to an understanding of to df or not to df.

• Purza
    Purza

I was in a committee meeting when I was 18. I was young and stupid. I brought my boyfriend with me and they would not let him stay. The JC asked very pointed/detailed questions and I was dead honest the entire time. I was told that if I would leave my BF and never see him again I would be "spared". I declined and a week later I was DF'd. I was back in within a year, but that one year changed my life.

I should have been in another JC meeting about 3 years ago, but I declined and faded. Life is so much better now.

Purza

• jgnat
    jgnat

Perhaps it is time to bring back the Urim and the Thummim

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

We have the word of man that tells us that the miracles have been done away with!

Judicial committees are useless in a society with police. The man's common law punished people

for crimes. We don't need men that think they know GOD (Bush thinks he knows God too!). Nobody knows GOD

The bible contradicts itself, and after 35 years in the JW religion I now come to the conclusion that

the Bible is as credible as the Koran or the beliefs of the Hindus/buddists

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

There always has to be a moron that tries to end discussions here by calling me a troll, instead of following the discussion and allowing other posters to state their opinions.

• minimus
    minimus

SOJ---I don't think you're a "Troll". The point everyone is making is that believing HS is responsible for judicial decisions is illogical. HS works sometimes and not othertimes......Pleaseeee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit