Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• El blanko
    El blanko

Frannie:

Where are you now mentally speaking, regarding the plethora of experiences you have had in the past? I noted on one thread you were expounding a belief that God had revealed truth to you and lead you away from the organization during the memorial.

Do you still feel this way and do you embrace the essential Christian teachings as being absolute truth, or have you opened yourself up to other ideas as well?

I do not think the lack of response to previous threads is a male/female thing. Myself, I regard experiences from either gender as being important.

* yet another story for fellow loonies *

This time related last night by a lady I know very well and trust implicitly (take note Fran - a lady!) and involving two characters. I will outline the personality of each character first of all (names changed of course):

Nigel - Nigel is 48. A man who works in a traditional branch of the English Church and regards himself as having a direct link to God and being an important player as far as Christ's message upon the earth is concerned. He is an industrious individual, thinks highly of his achievements and likes to tell others about his sacrifices within this life. He sneers at belief systems other than his own and regards any man not aligned with Christ as the living dead (and he can't stand JWs). Nigel also likes to 'lord' over women.

Mary - A victim of child abuse and now in her mid to late twenties. Mary has had experiences since her teenage years and is starting to think that she is demon possessed (this view possibly supported by Nigel) after having 'dabbled' in the world of the occult - the usual Tarot readings and Ouija board activity. Mary had a very personal encounter with a spirit (as she describes it) after using a Ouija board. The spirit impressed upon her a vision of death and destruction. Mary, during periods of possession, has a change in the tone of her voice. The voice deepens and sounds raspy.

All very generic then, and theses players take to the stage in familiar garb.

Last week, Nigel was returning home from work and suddenly felt as though God were telling him to visit Mary. Nigel claims to hear a voice inside his mind giving him messages from God. He asked God for a sign and a voice said (inside his mind) - Mary, death & destruction.

Nigel had no idea what this meant and at this stage was unaware of Mary's experience as a teenager with the Ouija board and the subsequent message given to her by the spirt, concerning literally - death & destruction.

Anyway - Nigel drove to Mary's house and had one of his 'chats' and offered her a Bible to read, which she dutifully took, being under the spell of his carefully orchestrated charismatic demeanour. Nigel visits her regularly, as Mary is on his 'spiritual manor' and originally sought his guidance.

Mary revealed to Nigel the information she had within her about the vision of 'death and destruction' provided by the spirit world. This information struck Nigel with a profound sense of awe confirming the validity of the revelation during the journey home that evening, and he knew that God was directing his affairs.

Nigel shared tea and scripture with Mary and left her house a couple of hours later.

The next day Nigel received a phone call from Mary and she was quite distraut, telling Nigel that she had been seized by the demon again and told not to continue her relationship with Nigel due to his great power.

This is where the tale ends sadly, although I plan to keep track of events.

Nigel is a blatant egotist and this whole episode has projected him even further within his own estimation, up the spiritual ladder and closer to God. Afterall, through Mary, this so-called demon has announced to the world that Nigel is powerful and by inference, to be feared.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Six

Wow, that's amazing to think about; that there are documented cases of people floating up off the ground, and it isn't common knowledge and talked about in every science class!

Well, imagine just for a moment that YOU had seen someone levitate. Would you talk about it in science class? Even if you were the teacher. Knowing that most people in there would get all sarcastic and talk to you like you were some some stupid trailer trash git who never saw the inside of a university or encountered a scientific concept in your life, no matter how educated you were and how much you'd read and thought on the subject? And the rest would keep quiet for fear of the scorn and contempt and ridicule that would inevitably heaped on their heads?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ElB:

I do not think the lack of response to previous threads is a male/female thing. Myself, I regard experiences from either gender as being important.

I agree. I don't think skeptics care about the gender, religion, sexual orientation, race, or eating habits of "mystics".
    They are too busy trying to slam all of us down.

Six:
    Imagine the mayhem, if they taught that in schools!!!
    It'd be like Hogwarts!

Much better to leave it to the adults!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Well, imagine just for a moment that YOU had seen someone levitate. Would you talk about it in science class?

Yeah, I think I would. I think you wouldn't be able to shut me up about it. I KNOW I would talk about it if I had documented the event in any credible way.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Unreserved apologies to anyone offended by any of my comments.
    Sorry.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Apology accepted ((Ross))

jk.. you never offend me, but have a hug anyways..

• Xena
    Xena

You don't need to apologize LT. I don't see where you said anything wrong. For a change

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    This is a very interesting thread! I hope it goes on for several hundred more posts.

And it sure beats the political threads

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie:

Where are you now mentally speaking, regarding the plethora of experiences you have had in the past? I noted on one thread you were expounding a belief that God had revealed truth to you and lead you away from the organization during the memorial.

Do you still feel this way and do you embrace the essential Christian teachings as being absolute truth, or have you opened yourself up to other ideas as well?

Thank you for asking, El. :) I regretted that the series was so long, but it would have been horrifically much longer, had I not greatly condensed the last 7 yrs. of those years of hard knocks....and I may have sounded bitter to some about the difference in the number of responders being so much greater on your thread, in reality, my series did not call for a lot of commentary and was only offered for interested readers, not necessarily to elicit others' opinions, so that's a major reason why there were fewer posters.....and the ones that responded were gracious.

The observation I posted first on your thread, El, was merely that....an observation to say, "such is life." And I thank you, El, also for allowing me the freedom to disagree with yall's responses and take it as a simple discussion, as it was intended.

I don't recall having anything revealed to me about leaving during a memorial, but the totality of the experiences in that series actually served to enlighten me to the need to not only get out of the borg, but to also exit the scriptures....cause God's not in a book and the words engraved on the leaves in that book are not God.....it took a lot of hard knocks via those experiences....and a period of approximately 10 yrs......guess it really had a "strong hold" on me....just as it does on so many others.

As for where I am now, mentally and spiritually speaking, El, I essentially have peace of mind (the normal roller coaster of life is in affect). I understand those experiences for what they were....as I made mention of after the last installment....they were the "tools" God (or however you wish to address him/her) used to "break" me from my addiction to the drug-like effects on humans that religion and scriptures have.....So like the analogy wherein a parent catches its child attempting to smoke and buys a large supply of cigarettes or cigars and hands them to the child freely, making the child chain-smoke until its overindulgence results in what the parent wished for in the first place.....for the child to no longer feel the desire to smoke or the desire for the "high" the child experienced while smoking. (brings to mind the term "pharmakoeia," to me.) And I'm tremendously grateful to my "parent".....for having the patience and foresight and stamina which it obviously took to deal with this blockhead during those long years.....beyond words grateful.

I have no real inclination to indulge in other forms of religion or worship now, although sometimes I stop and think to myself, "should I?..shouldn't I?".....but I recall what's important and continue walking forward....knowing I'm never really alone, even though my "parent" is silent now.....I don't worry about that, because I think he likes anonymity and privacy just as much as the next person.....I don't bother him with trivial stuff that I can handle myself if I think about it, but I know he'll be there for me when I really need him....and besides, he's probably really busy.

Frannie B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shall we attempt to get the thread back on track, or let it "go to the dogs"?

I made the comment on the first couple of pages about the "carrier wave" of "love".
    Has anyone had experience of the opposite, feeling things on a "carrier wave" of anger or hate?

I'm very careful about such things, and when I feel anything negative I immediately "cocoon" myself, and get myself into a neutral place. I'm very aware of a wiccan "threefold law" regarding such things returning thrice.
    My experiments with "love" would bear out that this works in a positive way, too, in that it seems like an amplifying feedback-loop is created.

I first tried experimenting with it some time ago, when I was quite low on "energy". I invested a little of what meager resources I had, and they returned to me in spades (albeit not threefold). Little by little it increased as I invested.
    That was before I found TaiChi as a means to accumilate - it's far more efficient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit