Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Narkissos:

just as you didn't choose to experience this sort of things when they occurred, you cannot (magically) make them occur when they don't. And this is a very humbling experience in itself.

"Thy will be done"?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Ross, El Blanko --

I feel this gift of feedback is sorely missing from my spiritual work. It's partly baseline pessimism and partly the "excluded middle" problem. How do you develop court this ability?*

GentlyFeral

*I rephrased this because I remembered the parable about the Zen student who promised to work "really, really hard" for enlightenment, only to be told that it would take longer and longer the harder he promised to work.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I too share in the "knowing" - the gift of Divine Knowledge - often know who I'm going to see, what people will say and do. As a child I would "see' exams the day/evening before they were passed out. Jah gives gifts to those asking, as long as they are utilized in good fashion. Let the Spirit flow. Funny thing, the years with the WTS killed the "knowing." Great thread here.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Great thread.

I've had a few things happen where I've "known" prior to the event. Trouble is, there is no real way to explain this to people (even if you cared to)

It adds so much meaning and I feel it confirms my belief in reincarnation (that we're here for a reason and our experiences are somewhat planned)

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

GF:
    At the risk of sounding like a quack, I'm going to express myself.

There are several theories as to why some have certain "abilities" and others not.
    One is that they are gifts, and you get what you're given.
    Another is that we have a propensity to "disbelieve" certain things, and hence we never get to develop that aspect.

One thing I've found is that "disbelief" appears to kill such things stone dead.
    If the mind is open even a crack, suspending "disbelief" even for a moment, amazing things are possible.
    "I believe, help thou me in my unbelief..."

To take it further into the mystical, it appears to work on the borders of conscious and subconscious thought. The harder you try to work, the more the conscious mind is engaged, and the less results.
    "When I am weak, then I am strong..."

Let the trouncing begin...

• dolphman
    dolphman

A few years ago I began meditating. Nothing special, just simply lying back and relaxing. I was attempting to relieve stress and do some simple self-improvement, which I heard meditating could help.

At first, not much. Over time, I began to feel sensations. Vibrations, etc. They were very real, and very physical. I thought it was interesting, but had neither the time nor resources to fully appreciate and understand what was happening.

About 6 months ago, one night I fell asleep as I was meditating. I awoke some time later to the sight of my girlfriend with a surprised look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said "Do you know what you were doing?" I said no. She mentioned I had been doing some type of tai-chi movements with my arms, combined with weird breathing and doing some sort of sign language with my hands. I told her I had no idea what she was talking about.

The next night, I tried meditating again, except this time I did not fall asleep. As the meditation wore on, my hands and arms began to move on their own, assuming strange positions. My breathing radically altered, and it seemed another part of me was operating, not the usually conscious part of me that crosses the street and worries about batting averages.

I started coming home early from work to try and instigate these experiences. They gradually came on sooner and soon I was doing what I thought were spontaneous yoga movements. Then, something extroardinary happened.

As I was in the midst of the mediation, I began having this gagging sensation. After a few minutes of what almost felt like choking, I chanted something:

"Sah Man"

I had not chanted this, that was my first reaction, yet I had...What the hell did it mean? I wanted to find out. But before I could, the shit hit the fan.

Hours later I lost all conscious control over these experiences. I began chanting OM and AHM and HRIM and other what I now know as Bija mantras uncontrollably, followed with the strange hand gestures known as "mudras", as well as yoga movements. Not to mention uncontrollable crying.

Needless to say I was a wreck. Part of me was witnessing all of this, and was thouroughly afraid due to my JW upbringing. I called a few friends, but could hardly talk to them. I went to the JW website in fact, so concerned was I of demonic attack. I thought I'd really screwed myself with this meditation bs. My girlfriend and I were a mess. We didn't know what to do.

By morning the symptoms were still occuring, though they had died down somewhat. We went to a Buhddist monastary, hoping they would have some answers. They didn't. Although when i was in their meditation room, I unleashed a whole bunch of more experiences. I was again crying. I had no answers. I'm a white guy with a decent job and life, and all the sudden this strange shit is happening and I have no idea how to control it. I thought my life was over.

We went to an ER and talked to psychologist. I was afraid it was a form of dementia or schizophrenia. I checked out ok. No drugs were given. They put me in touch with a psychologist to talk to. After several weeks of seeing her, there was nothing more for her to help me with.

It was then that I ran across the subject of Kundalini. In fact, there was a Kundalini guru living nearby.

I learned my experience was a Kundalini awakening. Something that Hindu and Buhddist tantric philosophies are extremely well-versed in, but which the west has little or no knowledge of. Apparently, due to a past life experience in this area or simply because it is time for a soul to become enlightened, the kundalini will rise and "jump-start" this process.

For me, knowing there are forces at work outside our normal physical world view is not a matter of speculation, but rather a known reality. This is something that I simply can't explain or show to someone, it is something that rather has to be experienced. I wish I could help skeptics understand and realize the reality of other consciousnesses at work, but only when they can experience these things for themselves will they know. For me, I had no choice in the matter.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dolph:
    Now you're probably scaring the shyte out of people

Bear in mind most here are exJWs with "demon-triggers" indoctrinated in...

• dolphman
    dolphman

I know man. I scare the shit out of myself. It took A LOT of introspection to really understand what was going on. (And I still don't own any smurfs.)

Most of the skeptics will refuse to believe it. They'll say it was siezures, epilepsy..something. I don't know of anyone who, with no prior experience with Sanskrit, would somehow began speaking its highest mantras and doing mudras due to "epilepsy". But that's ok.

The thing is, I'm open to any type of medical/scientific research. I've even called a few universities to have them document it. Of course, they have no idea if I'm genuine or just some new age quack.

But if you know anyone who'se into paranormal research, I'm up for it. I would really like to show the skeptics out there the truth, in some way they could accept it. Which means physical data of some kind. Not to mention, if anyone lives in Seattle and they want to see a freak show, I can show them.

Until then, the argument just goes around in circles, with both sides finding some excuse not to believe the other. I can put my money where my mouth is, if anyone is up for it. It's not a challenge per say, but simply an opportunity to bridge these two worlds, which are only seperated due to our own ignorance.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dolph:

Incidentally, have you thought about studying TaiChi, by way of a means to control it?

• dolphman
    dolphman

Little Toe

What I do now is do a weekly meditation with the Guru I met. I took diksha and since then I don't have to worry about the spontaneous outbreaks anymore, as long as I don't say, spend a weekend drinking and not getting any sleep. Sometimes that'll cause a sever imbalance that'll force my body to right itself by triggering these spontaneous occurances. Like I said, I'm not enlightened yet and still do stupid shit.

Basically, I'm not supposed to do any type of energy work, simply because I'm already a live circuit and the extra chi generated could blow a fuse. For most people it won't affect them the same way as it does someone with an already over-active chi/energy system.

What I can do is allow a form of tai-chi to spontaneously occur just by simply meditating standing up. It's not quite the Tai Chi style practiced by most people, but seems to be another form of it. It kind of looks like Hindu temple dancing or something.

The thing is, it's ok to allow it to spontaneously occur, since it "knows" what and where the energy is needed, as opposed to me trying to put it there. When most people practice tai chi, they're bodies are not overloaded and the exercises themselves will force the chi to go where it's needed.

I have to let it happen from IN to OUT, as opposed from OUT to IN. Both have the same desired effect however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit