Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Odrade
    Odrade

LT, we did an "experiment" in class last week regarding intentions during bodywork. Interestingly, when the student "practitioners" held overtly negative OR positive thoughts, they "translated" very poorly to the receivers. Nearly universal though, was a feeling of unrest to receivers regardless of the so-called positive or negative intentions. The only exception being when the practitioners held their own space. "Grounding" for lack of a better expression. Grounding in the sense of calming their own senses and observing only, no "sending," no "moving energy."

The receivers of the grounding intention all made comments that they felt calm, reassured, restful, quiet, comforted, etc.These were the same receivers of the other intentions... joy, anger, frustration, and excitement, among others. It was very interesting. I'm not sure what it means, but I thought it was relevant to this discussion.

Odrade

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Odrade:
    Very relevant, thank you.
    Excitement, confusion and fear seem to add "noise" to the process.

Grounding, before conjouring up the "carrier wave", seems to be the way to go
    Outright disbelief doesn't even allow the carrier wave to be produced, it seems.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Outright disbelief...now there's an interesting thought. I've worked on people who don't believe... ("don't give me any of that new-age crap" to quote one of my practice clients.) Although I believe in energetic transferrence, if my client does not, it changes the whole feeling of the work. I suspect this happens even if I don't know of their lack of belief.

The "feeling" I get is a sense of very superficial contact, met by resistance under the skin. NOT bones or hard muscle, more like there is a layer of plywood just below the surface. It's nearly the same finger feel I get in a person who is holding an emotion or experience in their body that they are not willing to let out or acknowlege.

If I fall into a state of disbelief, (which sometimes happens, doubt is certainly part of the sorting process,) I feel a "disconnect" from my client. It's as if I've forgotten what needs to be done, like I lose the gut feel, or intuition of what I should do next. Now my perception of this is not that it's supernatural, but that it's extra-sensory. Perhaps the body/skin/eyes/whatever, are picking up far more information than enters consciousness. If I ignore it by doubting, I lose touch with these other "senses."

In the same vein I do believe in the possibility of the paranormal as expressed in these pages. (I particularly like some of the ways Bradley has started to open up to at least the possibility also.) I don't necessarily trust the idea of personal interest by paranormal beings... though I have no way to say yes or no. But I do think there are many MANY phenomena that are outside of both our personal measurable perception, and the measurable perceptions of scientific instruments at this time.

It's all very fascinating, and in the last year I have experienced things I can't explain scientifically also.

I know I'm late to this discussion, and a newcomer to "new-agey" stuff, but I'm certainly not ready to dismiss it out of hand.

O

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Shall we attempt to get the thread back on track, or let it "go to the dogs"?

Little Toe, this obvious "barb" you posted immediately after my response to El Blanko's query to me, especially after our private discussion, which I will not go into here, is clearly why I do not accept your apology. Have you ever seriously considered "Social Sensitivity Training" classes for yourself?

That's positively ALL I'm ever gonna say on this subject on this forum....so feel free to continue to barb away without censure, if you so desire, LT.

Frannie B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frannie:
    Sorry lassie, but you need to get over yourself.
    We cross posted. My comment was regarding skeptics, not you...

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I thought about the letter for maybe two weeks or so and then one morning I knew that today was the day.

When I say I knew, it were as though an invisible chord had been pulled and I became alert to a higher presence operating outside of the objective realm.

That morning I felt in a dream world and quickly wrote the letter whilst in this mode of detachment. The letter to me was perfect and expressed the feeling of the moment with ease.

The problem I then had, was how to deliver the letter.

I popped the letter in my bag and set out towards my friends house and knew that I would be passing an elders house along the way.

As I approached the road, where the elder lived, suddenly I had the same mystical feeling come over me and it was as though I were suddenly 7 feet tall and slightly beyond myself.

I then had the thought that the elder would come out of his house and I would pass the letter on to him.

I struggled with a divided sense of self, as my mind tried to convince me that the probability was slim. I also felt it necessary to fight this division and employ a little faith in the mystical.

20 yards or so away from this mans house my heart began to pound. I was not anxious as such and felt no fear, yet still felt that I was beyond my normal self and connected to what I can only describe as free-flowing spirit.

The scene unfolded as my mind had predicted.

The elder appeared in the frame of his door. He stepped out of the house and casually walked down the path, crossed the road and proceeded along the pathway just ahead of my current position.

Due to my pace, we met quickly and I touched his shoulder.

He turned to face me and I smiled at him, passing the letter to him. I asked him to consider the contents and share the information with the other members of the body.

He took the letter and walked away. Then inside of me, the chord retracted back to where it came from and it was as though I had been disconnected from a greater sense of reality.

I shrunk back inside of myself and continued the journey to my friend's house.

El Blanko, this particular part of your topic posted bears a striking similarity to several of the experiences I had during my exodus. I know almost exactly what you experienced. :)

This is where the tale ends sadly, although I plan to keep track of events.

Nigel is a blatant egotist and this whole episode has projected him even further within his own estimation, up the spiritual ladder and closer to God. Afterall, through Mary, this so-called demon has announced to the world that Nigel is powerful and by inference, to be feared.

Coooooweeeeee, El !! I hope since Mary's earlier having recv'd the message of "death and destruction" and now seeing that it's related to Nigel, that Mary stays WAAAAY clear of Nigel from now on. And I hope you keep track of events, if you can, El. Thanks for sharing that.

Frannie B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Odrade:
    "Mental barriers", of disbelief, certainly are effective at killing things stone dead.
    THey can "feel" like a physical stone wall.
    IMHO, to try to force yourself through them is a very dark art.

I tried the "barrier" method of protection for a while, but found it debilitating. Now I tend to work with a "cocoon of energy", or deflecting negative emotions. Sometimes the rawest kinds seem to come straight for you, though, with force.
    I find that it makes me feel physically sick.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't like the "barrier" method either. I find for myself, if what I am trying to keep out is stronger than my resistance, I get a really bad stomachache. I'm trying to learn to just be with it, observe it and let it go. (I've got a couple of people helping me with the concept... MarkfromCali for one, and my Shiatsu instructor.) It seems to make a difference for me.

I don't know about cocooning, I'm not sure I can differentiate between that and hard-shielding. What I am learning to do is differentiate between what is "mine" and what is external. I'm not sure how mystical that is, but it is certainly more stabilizing.

O

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Odrade:
    I don't want to interfere with what you've been taught as, to be honest, most of my experience has been just that. I haven't done much theory at all as I "just do it", and so lack some of the common terminology.

I've found that deflecting it, and bending, rather then letting it break upon you (or break you) seems the best way to go.
    Sometimes internalising the energy of others can "hurt". It's a far harder thing to do (IMHO), especially if someone "vamps" you.

• Odrade
    Odrade

now THERE'S another subject. Psychic vampires... I've wondered about that, as there are some people that I get around that feel like they just suck all the air out of the room, and I'm mentally, emotionally (and otherwise) drained just from interacting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit