Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    It's just the constant naysaying that's like a burr in my butt

No, it's not!! You're sitting on the remote! Move your butt cheeks and you'll feel much more comfy, I promise! LOL! And, while you're at it, pass the popcorn!

Ter

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:
    I agree. You said all that. However, the following was kinda dismissive, and not in line with those comments:

That's hearsay, and therefore inadmissible.

It's THAT kind of language that causes people to bridle. That's the only reason I bring it up.
    I've enjoyed your thoughts on this thread thusfar. I'm sorry you didn't get to enter it until late. I suspect it has a little ways to run, yet, though

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Darn - THAT'S where the remote got to!!! Thanks
    ~passes popcorn~

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Do not chant this unless you tie yourself down...please...It's a levitation chant...start off slowly and say it progressively faster.

O - WA - TA - AS - I - AM

ROTFLMAO @ Shotgun! You goofball! I thought you were speaking "tribal" for a minute there, mate!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    However, the following was kinda dismissive, and not in line with those comments . . . It's THAT kind of language that causes people to bridle.

OK, fair point. I was considering some sort of smiley to indicate I didn't mean it to sound too harsh, but couldn't find an appropriate one that wouldn't seem even more condescending or dismissive. I suppose I should have just elaborated the old-fashioned way - by writing more. Basically, what I meant was that in a court of law, somebody relating what their friend told them had happened would be considered hearsay and ruled inadmissible as evidence, for very good reasons. No matter how sincere and honest El blanko may be, he didn't actually witness the events in question and therefore can't give a reliable testimony. Like you said, it's a lead but it's not evidence. The only evidence I've seen is the photograph, which doesn't convince me because it's easily explainable without resorting to the supernatural.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I suspected that was what you meant. Thanks for the explanation.
    Little things like that make the difference.

While we're talking about the way in which language can make an impression, would you mind commenting on the kind of language "believers" use, that infuriates you?

• El blanko
    El blanko

Funky:

I forgot to check James's website and he is affiliated with this group and these guys have this article on their website about those pesky orbs (the site looks a bit naff to be honest, but ignore that).

http://www.paranormalresearch.org.uk/orbsanddigitalcamers.php

It makes interesting reading. I remember James told me that he had submitted many pictures to the guy who runs the website a while ago and they were quite interested in several of his shots, although discounted others as most likely being dust particles (although James insists otherwise).

... anyway

Do you think your opinon would change if I had experienced the manifestations and events directly that my friend witnessed?

• FMZ
    FMZ

So... any new news on this one?

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit