Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rem
    rem

LT,

I'm sure there is a magic potion that can do what you are asking for. ;)

rem

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

REM:

All I'm providing is probabilities and alternatives or saying "I don't know". Is that so closed minded?

If only you were. Actually you're dogmatically asserting that folks are wrong, deluded, and potentially lying to themselves and others.
    And you wonder at the reaction?

Oh, btw, congrats on the new job

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

REM:

I'm sure there is a magic potion that can do what you are asking for. ;)

Ah, but it doesn't come in bottles

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:
    I though you said you weren't cynical?

Methinks the lady protests too much...

• Xena
    Xena
    It is mystical, when It happens to me I know that it is very real and I know that I am being led by the spirit of God.

Her point of view based on her experience. Closed minded would be refusing to discuss it with you or to allow for any other explaination. Haven't seen that yet, have you?

FOSHLL and I have had many similar experiences, though none so profound as simultaneous baklava :)

does it get any more spiritual than greek pastry????

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

~grabs an extra large bag of popcorn, and watches the intriguing battle of mind~
    ~hollers to Gumby that it's his turn to bring the beer~

Yeah! And you can just make room on the sofa for me and my bottle of Chardonnay!!! This is better than TV anyday!!! LMAO! (reaches over to tickle LT in the ribs)

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Nobody has the faintest idea how gravity works, they've been searching for a vector for years but haven't found one. Funny how they still believe in it though.

Aunt Fanny, if I stop believing in it, will I go flying off into space?????

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sunny:

(reaches over to tickle LT in the ribs)

Woohoo!!
    ~moves up on couch to make room~Would anyone like a glass of this stuff Rem sold me?
    ~pours glasses~

• rem
    rem

LT,

>>If only you were. Actually you're dogmatically asserting that folks are wrong, deluded, and potentially lying to themselves and others.
    And you wonder at the reaction?

Where? Maybe some people just get in a huff when they find somebody rationally challenges their cherrished beliefs. It's human nature, I suppose.

Xena,

>>Her point of view based on her experience. Closed minded would be refusing to discuss it with you or to allow for any other explaination. Haven't seen that yet, have you?

Yes, I've seen a lot of that. I haven't seen too many believers allowing for other explanations. Really, how could they, since they already "know" what the cause of their experience is? :)

rem

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rem:

Where? Maybe some people just get in a huff when they find somebody rationally challenges their cherrished beliefs. It's human nature, I suppose.

It's human nature to react to the manner in which you do so. It's not the challenge per se.

Yes, I've seen a lot of that. I haven't seen too many believers allowing for other explanations. Really, how could they, since they already "know" what the cause of their experience is? :)

You hurt me!!!

Meanwhile, I don't see you reciprocating much.
    So, looking at the statistic probability of the situation, who's the more closed-minded?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit