What is your Favorite Scene from a Movie?

by Sweetp0985 91 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mac
    Mac

"Wuthering Heights"....the heather, Viv...remember the heather?

mac

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, oh, Oh! Here's one for all the ladies: from Gone With The Wind.

Rhett sweeps Scarlet off her feet and carries her up to their boudoir. It was 1938, so tastefully the scene cuts to the next morning where we find Miss Scarlet still in bed with the happiest, most satisfied smile on her face and that certain glow a lady only gets after...

Wonderful is the man who can leave a Scarlet smile on his lover's face.

• Mac
    Mac

LOL...and speaking of Heather..........

mac

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Nah ... its not the heather

• Mac
    Mac

So, Viv...Heathcliff and Kathy aren't the key players looking out over fields of heather..hmmmmmm..

Ya got me stumped (Of course it was a manor and not an apartment but I thought maybe details had faded in these years since you were age 10...hell, I can't remember details from yesterday!)

mac, senile class

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lol Mac

• Mac
    Mac

Oh.....

So ya think you can just kiss me cuz yer HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I ain't that kinda boy...my mommy told me 'bout girls like you....

('course I never thought I'd be lucky enough to meet one!)

mac

• Golf
    Golf

"Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn." Gone With The Wind. Rhett Butler & Scarlett O'Hara

"You can't handle the truth" A Few Good Men

"Play it Again Sam" Casablanca

"Vanity my favorite sin" Al Pacino Movie? Devil's Advocate?

Guest 77

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

DantheMan,

Fargo - The scene where Marge has the blonde sociopathic bad guy in the back of her cruiser, she's talking to him and he's not responding - "Don't you know that there's more to life than money? Don't you know that? And it's a beautiful day." Frances McDormand was so great in that movie.

are you my long lost brother? That's the exact first scene that came to my mind. That very one.

Also:

The scene in Wings of Desire where the boy is being harshly scolded by his mother and the angel passes through and you get the feeling the boy has maybe sensed him and gotten a little comfort.

There's a movie called Kolya, about a boy who's mother flees some communist country, I'm not clear which. She leaves her little boy behind in the care of a man she barely knows, he's probably an ex-lover. He doesn't want care of a child, he's just a drinking philanderer, although a perfectly decent person, but not a parent. There's this scene where he puts the kid in the bath, which has a European style shower fitting, with a flexible cord so you can move it around. The man goes out, and from outside he hears the boy talking to his mother on the shower head, crying and begging her to come back. I can cry just writing about it.

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

Blade Runner - The beginning sequence between Leon and the Blade Runner. "You see this tortoise lying on its back, baking in the hot sun, but you're not helping." "What do you mean I'm not helping?" "I mean you're not helping." Then, where Roy meets Tyrell. "The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very, very brightly!" And then the end when Roy dies. "... All of these moments will be gone, like tears in rain."

Young Guns - The scene where Chavez introduces the rest of the boys to peyote. "You see the size o' dat chicken?!"

Zardoz - The introduction of this wonderfully craptastic movie featuring a floating head painted up like a vaudeville magician. "Is God in show business, too?"

Dead Alive/Braindead - The zombie baby scene, where two of the zombies that Lionel is taking care of have a baby (hey, don't ask me...) and Lionel takes it out for a walk, only to have it escape in the park. "... Hyper active." Screw Lord of the Rings, that was Peter Jackson at his finest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit