What is your Favorite Scene from a Movie?

by Sweetp0985 91 Replies latest social entertainment

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I like that one scene in in Swimming to Cambodia where Spalding Grey just sit's at a desk and talks to the audience. Oh wait, that's the entire movie. The restaurant scene in My Dinner With Andre, where the two lead characters just have this long, rambling conversation is great too.... but... that's the entire movie as well.

Ok, got one. How about the scene (actually in the postscript scenes) in Waiting For Guffman where Christopher Guest' character is showing off the memorabilia shop he owns, and points out his My Dinner With Andre action figures.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

zulu - the end battle scene

Szene aus Terminator 2: Judgment Day

terminator 2 - the first encounter between t-500 and t-1000

39 steps(1978) - robert powell hanging off big ben's clock hand

full metal jacket - 'me so horny' scene

poltergiest - 'they're here'

jaws - where they dive to the boat wreckage and the severed head appears

among many

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Memento, where the lead character comes to while running through a residential neighborhood. "So I'm chasing this guy." The guy shoots at him. "No: he's chasing me."

Pecker, the party scene at the end where the boy-wonder photographer, having turned down the Whitney Art Museum, is bartering his work in his hometown of Baltimore - a photograph of a New York art snob in exchange for a year's free birthday cakes for his family. This in the midst of utter depravity that makes everybody very happy.

Two bits from The Twelve Chairs: 1) where the old aristocrat and the young con artist have infiltrated a little theatre company to gain access to six of the chairs that contain the family treasure. He's finagled his way into the lead role in the play, and on his first entrance, he's so bewildered by the applause and the stage fright that he simply walks right offstage again, staring blankly at the audience. 2) At the end, where, after many trials and tribulations, they devour the feast at the dedication of the workers' recreation center, only to discover that it was built with the treasure the workers found in one of the chairs.

Bullets Over Broadway, where the young playwright finally accepts the gangster bodyguard as a writing partner - particularly where he talks about "taking pages over to Cheech to read."

Bananas - a mediocre movie on second viewing, but I still like the scene where Fielding Mellish solves the problem of feeding the guerrillas by going to the nearest diner and ordering takeout including <Hispanic accent>"tuna fish for three hundred men."</accent>

The Mission, where the priest is sitting by the stream playing the recorder, and a few local tribesmen sneak up on him quietly, just to listen. Voice-over: "With an orchestra we could have conquered the country."

Seabiscuit: the race shots where you can hear Seabiscuit growling! I've never heard a horse growl before!

A Hard Day's Night - just about anytime where Paul's grandfather (Wilfred Brambell) is referred to as "a clean old man."

That's Entertainment, Too (?), the section on dance in the movies, where they actually show Bill "Bojangles" Robinson in some head-to-foot shots. His feet were as nimble as hands!

And speaking of The Princess Bride: When Inigo Montoya finally gets to utter the line, "Hello: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die," and the villain is at last pleading for his life, promising, "I'll give you anything you want!" Inigo answers: "I want my father back, you son of a b*tch!"

There's more, but that's enough for now.

GentlyFeral

• avishai
    avishai

Fbf. My heart is aching. That's my favorite movie. I was going to say the scene with walken and hopper. I think I love you. Can we kiss and make up? Please? You rock. I love you. Je t'aime. I love your posts, and I'm so sorry I was an a-hole. It's cuz I have a huge crush. And maybe my ancestry.

Don't forget about Val Kilmer as the mentor, and what Alabama does to James Gandolfini.

Also, i have to say the movie I was just in.The scene right before My character dies. One of the most intense things i've seen on film. I will be writing a seperate post on this.

• Angharad
    Angharad

*That* scene in the Ring scared the crap out of me !!

Colour Purple - I cried like a baby

I like:

Monty Python - Holy Grail - The scene with the rabbit (foul beastie)... Its a rabbit you silly sod !

Monty Python - Life of Brian - How should we f**k off oh Lord

Gladiator - Final fight and then he dies and is with his family

Something About Mary - Scene where he has drugged the dog and it stops breathing (very sick, but hilarious)

I'll probably think of some more later

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hmm, let's see...

Armageddon: Where the people are praying and hiding when the bad news comes in. Then when the asteroid finally blows up, and all the people all over the world come out of their basements and shelters and run through the streets cheering.

Signs: Where the family decides to all make something different for their "final" dinner. And Mel Gibson's character refuses to say grace before the meal and gets angry at the children. Everyone starts to cry and they just end up having a big ole' family hug. Also from the same movie, when his son has the asthma attack and they work through it together. <sniff>

Life Or Something Like It: Not really a whole scene, but just where Angelina Jolie's character asks her boyfriend what will keep them together through the years, and he replies something along the lines of "well, we understand each other... and you have a great ass"... The look she gives him as she says "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that" is priceless.

Fifth Element: The scene where the Plavalaguna, the blue opera singer, performs... Then where Lelu kicks alien ass to the music. Although half of the song is digitized, the voice is still amazing.

Ocean's Eleven: The final heist... awesome.

The Last Castle: Where Robert Redford's character takes the whole prison. Everything is planned perfectly. Every step of the way James Gandolfini's character thinks he can still win.

Powder: The final scene where he is running through the fields and becomes pure energy... makes my spine tingle just thinking about it.

Hmm.. I'm sure there are plenty more..

FMZ

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Harold and Maude: After Maude tells Harold she has taken tablets and will be dead by midnight. Harold rushes her to the hospital. The song Trouble by Cat Stevens plays while the scenes switch back and forth from Harold and Maude at the hospital to Harold driving his Jaguar/Hearse. The movie starts with a twist and ends with a twist. Both of which fooled me the first time I saw it at the art theater in Atlanta when I was 13.

The whole Simon the Zealot scene in the 1971 version of Jesus Christ Superstar.

To Sir With Love: When Sir dances with Pamela Dare and then Lulu sings To Sir With Love to him while he is presented with a present from the students.

Mr. Holland's Opus: when Glen Holland is explaining to his class how Beethoven wrote his last symphony after he went deaf. He plays Beethoven's hauntingly beautiful and profound 7th symphony in the background. When a student asks how Beethoven knew what the notes sounded like since he was deaf, Mr. Holland tearfully explains that Beethoven wasn't born deaf. (Like he has just learned his son Cole was)

Princess Bride: as The Dread Pirate Roberts tumbles into the deep ravine, after being pushed by Buttercup, he screams: "As you wishhhhhhhh!" Buttercup realizes he is really her long lost love Westly and she tumbles in after him. Also: The give me the gatekey scene. "Oh! You mean this gatekey."

To Kill A Mocking Bird when Boo Radley saves the kids and then later he sits on the porch waiting to make sure the boy is okay.

Fried Green Tomatoes: when Ninny finally explains who killed Frank Bennet. "Did Iddgy really barbeque Frank Bennet?" Evenlyn Couch "The secrets in the sauce, so they say." Ninny

Tevya's dream in Fiddler On The Roof.

The Shawshank Redemption- The scene where Andy gets the record player and locks himself in the office and plays the opera music through the PA system throughout the entire prison. - And so many more scenes from that movie!!

I love this movie. I love it when we finally realize what the rock hammer and the changing posters were for. The ending: phenomenal.

That makes me think of The Green Mile when Tom Hanks goes home after he has been healed of his bladder infection and makes love to his wife: earth shaking, other worldly love.

The fight scene in "The Quiet Man"

I love it when John Wayne goes and gets Maureen O'Hara and drags her by her hand and arm all the way back. One of my all time fave movies.

So many favorite scenes, so little time.

Flyin'

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Avi : and I'm so sorry I was an a-hole

Avi ... ... I don't remember you being an a**hole with me (???) anyway probably because I don't take thinks personaly you know, and moreover when I can feel that the people who are talking are passionate about a subject (the reason why sometime I/they/we push a bit too fare) ... I'll send you a PM ... I don't want you to feel bad about anything like that Avi here more !

• Mac
    Mac

Claude Rains and Humphrey Bogart walking away together at the end of "Casablanca'

Kathleen Quinlan looking up at Sam Elliott in the lifeguard's tower and asking for a band aid in "LIfeguard"

Any seen with Maggie Smith In "The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie"

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara wrestling in the mud in "McClintock"

John Wayne dragging Maureen O'Hara through the field in "The Quiet Man"

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara doing anything in anything!

Richard Dreyfuss singing Beautiful Boy in "Mr. Holland's Opus"

Boris Karloff as the monster connecting with the blind man in "Frankenstein"

Bruce Willis and Danny Eiello (sp) singing Would You Like To Swing On A Star in "Hudson Hawk"

Mel Gibson lying in the road and speaking only with his eyes as he recognizes his betrayer in "Braveheart"

Allen Alda and Ellen Burstyn in each and every scene of "Same Time Next Year'

Lets Do The Time Warp Again in "Rocky Horror Picture Show'

Jack Nicholson's meltdown at the end of "A Few Good Men"

Hell, this is silly..I could go on foreer and a fortnight.......

mac, indecisive class

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I was hoping to find my favorite scene here. It goes like this ... there is a woman dying, she is lying in her bed, in her appartment. Just before she dies, her love comes in, and he takes her in his arms. They speak, and he walks with her in his arms to the open windows, the windows btw have white long drapes that move in the wind.

She dies while in his arms, and while seeing the beautiful view from that place (its in the hills). Its the closing scene from the movie.

I have no f***ing clue from what movie it is, i saw it when i was 8-10 something like that ... dont know who played it, or what movie, but the scene has been in my mind since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit