What is your Favorite Scene from a Movie?

by Sweetp0985 91 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I thought about this topic last night for the board when watching one of my favorite movies.

1. The Man From Snowy River- the part when they are going after the expensive colt and they get to the edge of the cliff and all the other riders stop and "Jim" keeps going and leaps down the cliff after the wild horses. I absolutely love that part of the movie...Everytime its on I have to watch it, if not just to see this part only.

2. Love and Basketball- when she tells him she will play for his heart...awwww first time I started crying. And then the music they had playing in the background made it even worse. Then when he wins and tells her its all or nothing....It's so nice to be in love and have that person love you back. Too bad I don't have that...Oh well I still love that scene.

3. You've Got Mail- I love at the end when she finds out that Joe F-O-X is the her love from the Internet. I have cried about 4 out of the 7-8 times I've seen this movie. (Am I always that emotional...Hell no) It's just this movie and just a select few others brings out the tears.

These are just a few of the best scenes from movies that I wanted to start off with for now....Please add to the thread with your fav scenes.

• desib77
    desib77
    1. The Man From Snowy River- the part when they are going after the expensive colt and they get to the edge of the cliff and all the other riders stop and "Jim" keeps going and leaps down the cliff after the wild horses. I absolutely love that part of the movie...Everytime its on I have to watch it, if not just to see this part only.

I would have to agree....that is one of my all-time favorite movies and scenes.

One of my favorite scenes from a movie is kind of silly. I love Dr. Dolittle 2....My favorite is when Dr. Dolittle is talking to Archie the bear while is his in the bathtub...I love the impressions Archie does of the polar bear....I just really think that scene along with others in the movie are adorable.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

The scene in Meet Joe Black, where Brad Pitt crosses the street and gets whacked by two cars.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    1. The Man From Snowy River- the part when they are going after the expensive colt and they get to the edge of the cliff and all the other riders stop and "Jim" keeps going and leaps down the cliff after the wild horses. I absolutely love that part of the movie...Everytime its on I have to watch it, if not just to see this part only

Mine too! But only the first time I saw it! Wow!!

Another one was from Out of Africa - after Dennis has died and Karin said she can take ANYTHING in life now, all she has to do is think about Dennis long enough and how badly it hurts to have lost him.

omg....

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    The scene in Meet Joe Black

Not necessarily that scene for me, but that whole movie, drains me of all tear supplies for a week.

The relationships of the daughters with the father tho, not anything with the romance.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

My top five favourite scenes....

5) There's something about Mary - with the new type of Hair Gel! Nice

4) A fish Called Wanda - Where Ken is trying to 'Bump orf' the old lady.. pooor ickle puppies.......

3) True Lies - Where Jamie Lee Curtis has to pretend to be a prostitute for her husband... slurp!!!!

2) American Pie - Broadcasting Nadia over the net, and the dancing!!!! Leaves me in fits!!!

1) Monty Python's search for the Holy Grail - The Black Knight - "come back an' I'll bite yer legs off. Chicken"

There's loads more, but I don't want you all to know just how twisted my humour is...!!!

Bull!

• Terry
    Terry

LAWRENCE of ARABIA: Lawrence blows out the match and instantly the jump to the sun coming up out of the desert.

SPARTACUS: The excaped slave Spartacus is crucified and hangs dying thinking he has failed in everything. Then his wife appears on her way to freedom and shows the dying father that his son is alive and free.

THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR: At the point of death the ghost reappears to claim Mrs. Muir who is now transformed to the young and beautiful woman she once was.

CLEOPATRA: Marc Antony, who had betrayed his soldiers by leaving the battle to chase the retreating Cleopatra, his love, awakes to find his troops have abandoned him. He rides out to provoke them into killing him. All his troops refuse to fight and ignore his blows as he screams:
    "Will no one grant Antony an honorable way to die?"

THE MIRACLE WORKER: Annie, the teacher, holds the blind Helen Keller's hand under a flowing faucet and she suddenly becomes aware! WATER! She then makes the hand signal signifying "water".

AFFAIR TO REMEMBER: Cary Grant discovers the fact that Deborah Kerr has been crippled and that is why she failed to keep their rendezvous at the empire state building.

THE COLOR PURPLE: The abusive husband comes to his senses and pays to have his estranged wife's sister returned to her for a reunion. The arrival of the car, the flowing robes of her sister and children, the evening light, the meeting almost make me faint in exultant tears. Spielberg's most under-rated best.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence: The robot child is finally granted his wish to have his mother love him.

ALIENS: The final confrontation between Ripley and the Queen fighting over the little girl Newt.

THE USUAL SUSPECTS: The police interrogator begins realizing who Keyser Soze really is!

CINEMA PARADISO: The child who helped the projectionist is grown up now. He edits together every piece of film the local Catholic censor forced him to remove out of all the movies through all the decades. He threads the projector and goes to his seat in the lonely theatre which is now defunct. The film flickers and suddenly! All the most beautiful kisses in movie history, one by one, in a cascade of unforgettable snippets of passion are played against Ennio Morriocone's gorgeous musical score. Now THAT is a movie lover's favorite moment.

• Gopher
    Gopher

CASABLANCA

At Rick's Cafe in Morocco, there is a tense scene between the Nazis and the pro-French. The Nazis in the corner have just sung a patriotic anthem to their fatherland, but they are interrupted when the anti-Nazi resistance leader Victor Laszlo directs the band and leads the entire "gin joint" in a round of the French national anthem.

The Nazis order the city's leader, Captain Renault, to shut down Rick's at once. He asks "On what grounds?" And they tell him to make up any excuse.

Captain Renault blows his whistle and orders everyone to leave the Cafe. Rick approaches him, asking why.

Captain Renault, in a tone of feigned arrogance, says "I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED that gambling is going on here!"

Right at that moment, a young man emerges from the gaming room in back and hands Captain Renault some money while saying "Your winnings, sir!"

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

OMG- I loved that one too !!!

A Beautiful Mind- when he's up on stage giving his acceptance speech for the Nobel prize. Awesome !!

Ghost- The scene with Demi Moore working the clay and Patrick Swayze comes back through to her

Edited to add:

The Shawshank Redemption- The scene where Andy gets the record player and locks himself in the office and plays the opera music through the PA system throughout the entire prison. - And so many more scenes from that movie!!

• mrbarthoss
    mrbarthoss

That scene from Cinema Paradiso is AMAZING!!,....and I love Casablanca for a lot of reasons, but that scene, that line is near the top - - - - The scene of recociliation in "Wings of Desire" where the fallen angel finally meets his muse in the flesh (I believe they are in a club/bar in Berlin) That depth of dialog in a movie is rare, and the whole development of the scene reminds you that genuine love can can change heaven and earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit